Football discussion

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
martinusK

16 Jul 2018 09:05

Congrats France, well deserved win (even if the two first goals were a bit of a muck-up :P )
Nice to see Modric winning the Best Player award, he definetely deserved it, same for Mbappe

Who do you think will win the Ballon d'Or? I'm thinking Griezmann now
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

CptCaribbean

16 Jul 2018 09:49

Must be Umtiti, an incredible deffense both in France and Barça and has won much more than Griezmann (which by the way in La Liga did an awful season).
Anyways the thing is that the trophys always go to the spanish league ;)
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

Roudou

16 Jul 2018 10:44

I think Modric will win the Ballon d'Or. Because he is a playmaker, he won the Champion's League, and he's a World Cup finalist. Varane could be not too far in the 2nd place, but he has a chance to win it too. Remember that the voting system has changed, and it is back to what it was before the Messi/Ronaldo domination. Only journalists vote.

My thought about the top 5 for the Ballon d'Or. Except if one of those make a sensationnal season's start.

1- Modric
2- Varane
3- Ronaldo
4- Messi
5- Griezmann

CptCaribbean

16 Jul 2018 10:59

None of those has done a great season except Messi (even the worst one is Ronaldo who only scored 2 goals in 20 matches, worst start ever and in the world cup didn't do much either).
Idk why is Varane on that list :lol: and Modric in that world cup was good but everyone is looking at him because he is the captain in Croatia; Rakitic did much more with Croatia...

My list is:

1: Rakitic.
2: Umtiti.
3: Messi.
4: Modric.
5: Courtois (goalkeepers also deserve a trophy).

EdgeGladiator

16 Jul 2018 11:25

My ranking for the Ballon d'Or:

1: Modric
2: Varane
3: Messi
4: Ronaldo
5: Mbappe

I also see Modric because he won the Champions League and was still very important in this team (We could say Rakitic if he had the CL). Varane was also very good and knew to have his place of titular but I do not see FIFA gave the Ballon d'Or to a central defender unfortunately). Then Messi, despite his world cup he remains very good in club. Ronaldo at the CL but otherwise it's bad, to see his start of the season with Juventus and if it is better than Messi, I'll put 3rd see 2nd. And then Mbappe, he was excelent in world cup and he is the 2nd see 1st player french. After which the disadvantage is his season with the PSG which was really bad.
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

Roudou

16 Jul 2018 11:26

Ballon d'Or is for the civil year, not the sportive year (January to December).

Umtiti makes at least one awfull defensive mistake per match. He did in OL, he still does in France team, so I think it is still the case with Barça.

Oh, and by the way, I'm not a Real fan. The only club I support is the Paris FC, in France's 2nd division currently.

realmadrid1902

16 Jul 2018 12:49

CptCaribbean wrote:
16 Jul 2018 10:59
None of those has done a great season except Messi (even the worst one is Ronaldo who only scored 2 goals in 20 matches, worst start ever and in the world cup didn't do much either).
Idk why is Varane on that list :lol: and Modric in that world cup was good but everyone is looking at him because he is the captain in Croatia; Rakitic did much more with Croatia...

My list is:

1: Rakitic.
2: Umtiti.
3: Messi.
4: Modric.
5: Courtois (goalkeepers also deserve a trophy).
We can put Salah too because he scored two goals in the World Cup.
ProMods user since: 2.15.
PC specs: I don't like to say them.
Langauges: a bit FR Image , EN Image and AR. Busy with School!

CptCaribbean

16 Jul 2018 13:29

Still don't know why Varane is on those lists when he does nothing :lol:

Also, CL is very important but not the most difficult european trophy, which is La Liga. The best european clubs are there (also the most skilled players) and imo winning la liga is more difficult than winning the CL, that's why the ranking is in this order.

Umtiti in Barça doesn't make any mistake tbh.

And we are not talking about goals, we are talking about skill ;)

martinusK

16 Jul 2018 17:19

....CL is not the most important European trophy? It is *the* European trophy. It combines (usually) the top of the top of Germany, England, Spain and Italy.
Spain does not have the single best European clubs - the Premier League overall has higher quality than LaLiga.
Sure, Real Madrid have dominated Europe three years; but with Ronaldo and Zidane gone, how sure is it that this will persist; especially with English teams like Liverpool gaining more steam, and Juventus having one of the best players in history and very serious contestants for the CL?

I'd remind you that there was only one Spanish team in the semi-finals of the CL this season, and they too made it only due to some very, very questionable refereeing.
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

martinusK

20 Jul 2018 09:53

Alisson. We got fucking Alisson!!!!!
This season is going to be so awesome. It's going to be so close for the title.

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information