Faroe Islands and Iceland Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Mikyli
Donation rank:

30 Jul 2014 19:32

But I said it belongs to europe :P

Arexander
Donation rank:

30 Jul 2014 19:35

Mikyli wrote:...so it's not complety in europe...
I believe Purno was commenting on this, which is wrong, as Iceland belongs to Europe as a whole, while Iceland doesn't belong completely to the Euraasian plate.

TehHipster

30 Jul 2014 20:56

Arexander wrote:
Mikyli wrote:...so it's not complety in europe...
I believe Purno was commenting on this, which is wrong, as Iceland belongs to Europe as a whole, while Iceland doesn't belong completely to the Euraasian plate.
Yea ... I was talking about the Tectonic Plates. Not the country as a whole.

himmi81
Donation rank:

03 Aug 2014 22:27

This is not like Iceland this map do not look like Iceland

stummer
Donation rank:

03 Aug 2014 22:38

himmi81 wrote:This is not like Iceland this map do not look like Iceland
Thanks for your feedback. But it would be more helpful, if you could give some examples what's wrong or what should be improved/changed. Most of us only know Iceland from Google Street View ;)

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

03 Aug 2014 23:03

Except for a few ProMods areas which are uncanny, nothing in ETS2 looks like what it's supposed to be portraying. It's evocative at best. Also note there are no textures/models in the base game specific to Iceland. The guys here are trying to create an Icelandic feel with mainland Europe building blocks and the odd custom sign.

Obviously, it's harder for each of us to achieve suspension of disbelief in areas we know well. Let me tell you, vanilla SCS landscaping in Belgium is simply laughable (even the E19 from Brussels to the Dutch border simply doesn't look like it's real life counterpart), but, you know, it's a game, it's to 1/19th scale and there's only so much one can do.
Example: I forget which one, but one of the B-roads in Holland. It doesn't look like any Dutch B-road I've ever driven, but it does have that typical parallel road cycle path arangement, which is typical of many Dutch B-roads. So, for me, that's recognisable and gives it a Dutch feel.

I guess what I'm trying to say is the entirety of ETS2 takes some imagination on the part of the player in order to achieve immersion, so I think you're being a bit harsh on a work in progress.
Last edited by Jan Verschueren on 04 Aug 2014 00:44, edited 1 time in total.
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

Kutchek

04 Aug 2014 00:07

Well said!

realdeal350
Developer

04 Aug 2014 06:31

Kutchek wrote:Well said!
Agreed.
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

Purno
Donation rank:

04 Aug 2014 07:22

Amazing. Really, amazing. I've been asking for feedback ever since I started this project. I gave everybody a chance to make comments and suggestions. And what do I get?

A comment like this, which is utterly pointless, because it includes no useful feedback at all. What do you expect me to do with a comment like "this does not look like Iceland"? What do you want me to do? You want less mountains? You want different houses? You want more rainy weather? You want 4x4 offroad vehicles sprinkled aroud the island? You want me to build gigantic highways? You want me to create a giant tsunami which wipes the whole island off the map?

I'm amazed I even have to tell people this, but PROVIDE USEFUL FEEDBACK FFS! You're not happy with what I make, tell me what you want me to do about it.

jasper

04 Aug 2014 10:26

Purno wrote:
Amazing. Really, amazing. I've been asking for feedback ever since I started this project. I gave everybody a chance to make comments and suggestions. And what do I get?

A comment like this, which is utterly pointless, because it includes no useful feedback at all. What do you expect me to do with a comment like "this does not look like Iceland"? What do you want me to do? You want less mountains? You want different houses? You want more rainy weather? You want 4x4 offroad vehicles sprinkled aroud the island? You want me to build gigantic highways? You want me to create a giant tsunami which wipes the whole island off the map?

I'm amazed I even have to tell people this, but PROVIDE USEFUL FEEDBACK FFS! You're not happy with what I make, tell me what you want me to do about it.
People are never happy , what they have you give some free stuff , they ask you much more, you shall not take account this kind of comments and ignore them , especially when they are not constructive , you are all doing great job at Promods, you deserve much more.
Volvo FH Globetrotter XL 750HP 6X2/4 Midlift

Map coverage: 44,78%
Truck driven distance: 12275 Km
Overall driven distance: 879873 Km
Driven distance during jobs:548030 Km
HQ garage : Nice , France
Trips completed : 450

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information