Russian Open Spaces v6.0 [1.31]

You can share and discuss other ETS2 map mods here
CptCaribbean

03 Aug 2018 16:56

Last edited by CptCaribbean on 04 Aug 2018 13:28, edited 1 time in total.
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

MG Mike
Donation rank:

04 Aug 2018 13:06

@ Olav Emil

I got these kind of answers all the time. As well from Trucker as well as from RudiRaser.

I had some crashes and he told me as long as he sees the troublemaker no. 1 (he means ROS) in my mod list he won't help me.

And know to blow this totally up, GunnzAkimbo asks for a load Order for Poland Rebuilt with the other maps and what happens? The Captain links the Promods load order where no Poland Rebuilt is in..

So this is like to say there is no Poland rebuilt, but you can use this load order.. Only without saying it, just put the link in..

Counting all this together makes me think that It is not only not recommended to use other maps as in the linked load order, it is even not wanted..

ROS is something like the forbidden Town... Other askings for maps like Poland rebuilt will ignored.
I guess same will happen if anyone ask for maps like Romania extended or Project Balkan...

It is a little pity that other maps will be ignored here..

But on the other hand, many maps could cause many trouble..it is a matter of testing.. And trying out..
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

CptCaribbean

04 Aug 2018 13:33

MG Mike wrote:
The link has been updated.

Anyways, in the link I posted (the ProMods recommended load order, above everything it says (occ. other mods) and so, Poland Rebuilding is included in here. The unique map mods where we forbid any kind of support aren't nor ROS nor Poland Rebuilding. With that said, where does it say that Poland Rebuilding is not included?
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

Vøytek
Developer

04 Aug 2018 13:40

ROS isn't compatible.
Romania Extended is a bad quality map and replaces our Romania (and some other cities in neighboring countries), so it's not recommended too.
The same with PB - it overwrites our content.

It's a list for maps that expand ProMods (RusMap, Southern Region, Great Steppe, Emden). Paris rebuilt modifies SCS Paris, not PM.
It's a recommended compatible maps list, not all available maps in one list, to mess up your profile hard ;)

You're free to mix all maps if you want, there are loading orders for that everywhere, but we don't recommend it.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

MG Mike
Donation rank:

04 Aug 2018 14:17

Thanks for the update captain..

@ voytek

Thanks for the explanation. I thought it already myself..

What is the main problem with ROS? Geographical it is located beyond Russmap, so it should not overwrite Promods content, or??

It has another scale that is known and some cities are twice that is known too.. But are there other real problems technically?

I ask cause there are so many load orders with so many big combinations even with EAA Map and ROC and so on.. And they seems to work...

For my own I don't need the whole world to drive, I stay in Europe but I find it interesting if there's more beyond Russmap and ROS should have many secret roads or more offroad areas like in SR.. And frozen lakes to drive over and so on.. Some kind of adventure trucking.. That is what it makes it interesting for me..
But if there is a very important reason for not using ROS please let us know the grounds..

By the way I think I will use it stand alone cause I need so long to get there.. I had some trouble with crashes and, tours where interrupted so I had to drive from my headquarters in germany again.. Had this 3 or more times.. And if you have no garage there the way Is very long to get there...
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

Vøytek
Developer

04 Aug 2018 15:14

I'm not sure what's the issue with ROS, but I've heard it causes crashes/falling under the ground in some areas. It's in a different scale, maybe it touches PM sectors.

I used EAA map myself years ago, but then it became incompatible for some reason, and it wasn't the best quality map - quite interesting though.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Rudi Raser
In Memoriam
Donation rank:

04 Aug 2018 15:21

MG Mike wrote:

ROS is something like the forbidden Town...
no, not forbidden.

MG Mike wrote:

I ask cause there are so many load orders with so many big combinations even with EAA Map and ROC and so on.. And they seems to work...
MG Mike wrote:
I had some trouble with crashes and, ...

???
seems ok,...............had some crashes.

thats the problem, and that i´m telling you all the time, and i will not start again.

from time to time i play also ROS for some trips, because i like to see also some different styles, but with a ROS only profile.
No Support via PM!

Noah_Lukas

05 Aug 2018 00:51

Rudi Raser wrote:
04 Aug 2018 15:21
and that i´m telling you all the time, and i will not start again.
That's interesting how often you had to tell that already and you have to say the same again and again. :roll:
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

juncaoPHI

15 Nov 2018 02:10

Guys,
I've just played this latest ROS map for a while in ETS2 1.32. Some questions I wanted to ask:

1. Are the time zone really in MSK? Because when I checked in Wikipedia, some of the cities in this map are in time zone other than MSK. I.e Yekaterinburg time

2. The day-night cycle. The sun rises at around 10.30 am, sets at around 11pm but the pitch black night occurs up to 10.00 am. Is this really what happened there in Russia or it's a bug?

3. I've read there is snow patch fix for ROS and rusmap. Do I need in this for the latest version of ROS? Or this version has included the snowy area?

4. Are Grimes season mods compatible with ROS?

Thanks
Happy Trucking---------Goes Around Europe
Greetings From Indonesia

Davyddin
Donation rank:

15 Nov 2018 02:18

juncaoPHI wrote:
15 Nov 2018 02:10
1. Are the time zone really in MSK? Because when I checked in Wikipedia, some of the cities in this map are in time zone other than MSK. I.e Yekaterinburg time

2. The day-night cycle. The sun rises at around 10.30 am, sets at around 11pm but the pitch black night occurs up to 10.00 am. Is this really what happened there in Russia or it's a bug?
The game only supports a single time zone per country unit, and ROS introduces no other country units than a single one for Russia. This (in particular in combination with ROS's extremely non-standard scale) probably explains any strange time behaviour such as you describe.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

Return to “ETS2 Map mods”

• Information