1.32 and Germany

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.

What to do with Germany in the next update

Poll ended at 26 Aug 2018 22:38

Use ProMods as a base and copy paste improved SCS areas
54%
Use SCS Germany as a base and copy paste old ProMods areas
27%
Overwrite all old ProMods content with the new SCS Germany
8%
Overwrite all new SCS Germany with ProMods content
12%

Total votes: 632
ScuL
Founder

12 Aug 2018 22:38

As you may be aware, game update 1.32 contains an updated version of SCS Germany.

We are having plenty of internal discussions as to how to deal with it but we would like to run a poll just for community feedback.
This poll is purely advisory and no definite conclusions can be linked to the results.

Please vote to your preference - you cannot change your vote.
This poll will run 14 days.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

brainiac
Donation rank:

12 Aug 2018 22:40

We didn't get referendum, but this is also good to see.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

MG Mike
Donation rank:

12 Aug 2018 23:41

Hi,

great idea, to let us give a feedback.

even if the grafics and the objects are better now, take them, but keep the good cities, if necessary rebuilt them with the new stuff to the old look.. Berlin as it now is, Hamburg as it now is, but take the new bridge and new Elbtunnel and so on..

If possible, place the promods cities from 2.27 in the new scs germany... and the roads and places that are now not in scs germany.
then make it step by step and upgrade the actual promods stuff to the new quality provided by scs.

So then we should not loose all the great cities and areas that already are in promods germany, they only get a new look, cause they will be rebuilt with the new scs stuff..

i have seen the video from maximus about the 2.30 beta. You did so fantastic work at London as well as the other new areas.
Why have in the next germany update only scs standart cities ??
That´s not promods high quality standard.. so if asking me, make it the way i recommended. And after that go ahead with what was planed in germany before the scs update came..

and maybe make it possible to return such small addons like Emden.

that´s my suggestion so far.

kindly regards
MG Mike
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

id777
Donation rank:

13 Aug 2018 00:54

I think is better to keep Promods Germany. But you (PM team) can make some improvements with using new SCS Germany.
Germany is one of the most beautiful parts of the Promods map.
id777 ;)

System: Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core [email protected] x6
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

Tanksome
Donation rank:

13 Aug 2018 01:11

I say that keep some things from Promods (Like Flensburg and other cities not in the Base map) and then use the updated cites (Hamburg, Berlin, and others) and update it over time (i.e. fix mistakes in Hamburg, add more in Berlin, etc.) it will make more people happy in the long run ( at least to me)

Kortez

13 Aug 2018 07:06

I think that there is anotherone reason for first choice (Promods as a base). If Promods stay as a base and little by little will upgrade with SCS areas, is possible release new compatibility update relative fast because all connecting roads between north and south stay same. Germany rebuild by SCS will come in two or maybe three updates. If you replacement all ARP by SCS, you will must create connecting again and again or no?

But it is only my amateur opinion, thank you for the questionnaire. It is great, that you think of the gamers :-) Thank you.

And Mandelsoft, you doing amazing work for SCS. This whole thing is not about critizm your work. Base game and promods are two different project and you have to make decisions with this fact.

wahl91
Donation rank:

13 Aug 2018 08:39

The best thing to do is to keep the promods city-layout and upgrade the graphics with the reworked scs assets. Your map of Berlin, Leipzig etc. is much more realistic than scs. I live in Leipzig and your version of the town is much more realistic. Keep up the good work.

CAPLV
Donation rank:

13 Aug 2018 10:20

do like as with DLC`s... use them as base (origin).. and copy/rework your work into map.
// ETS2 v.1.36+Promods 2.43+Roextended 2.4(P)+RSK Turkey 1.9.5+RusMap 2.0+Southern Region 7.9+TGS 1.36 //

kamikazee54

13 Aug 2018 10:49

Best thing in my opinion is to merge best from old Promods content to new SCS content. Best example is Sweden, it's charm nowadays.

Photon_

13 Aug 2018 11:21

I would much prefer to have Promods as base since, only less than half of Germany has been updated so far. If SCS was used as base I would have avoid many jobs that go through most of Germany because the standard Germany is boring and disgustingly ugly.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information