[Central] Free download questions

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
U&I

29 Aug 2018 20:08

EDIT : and what does it mean?
(Retired :( ) SignsDev of MAGHREB-MAP
Creator of [WIP] Iberia Signs Rework

Iberia Signs Rework :

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

29 Aug 2018 20:53

Let's get some facts straight.

1) every single case of people getting blocked are due to a download accelerator being used. I do this on purpose because download accelerator's put unnecessary load on our servers. DO NOT USE A DOWNLOAD ACCELERATOR!
2) The servers are up and all accepting downloads. There are multiple servers, not just one and I round robin to them depending on their load. Currently none of them are maxed out (but technically we are using more than what our provider gives us).

Also remember the paid download is only a single dollar and is one file. If you're grabbing it for free then honestly don't complain, it is free.
Promods Server Administrator

vodila2354

29 Aug 2018 21:24

whether promods 2.27 + rus map 1.8.1 road connection is suitable for version promods 2.30 for a link to rus map. There was a bunch of cards, updated promods, replaced and ejection

mrosloYT

29 Aug 2018 21:25

Hi, I've downloaded 6 of the 7 part and when i try to download the last one i've got an error who told me that i've reached the maximum number of download at one time. How it's possible ? I don't download anything else so what i do ?

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

29 Aug 2018 21:47

mrosloYT wrote:
Hi, I've downloaded 6 of the 7 part and when i try to download the last one i've got an error who told me that i've reached the maximum number of download at one time. How it's possible ? I don't download anything else so what i do ?
Like I've said multiple times now - wait at-least 5 minutes as the servers will need to fully terminate your session before you can download again.

mrosloYT

29 Aug 2018 21:56

michaelmurfy wrote:
29 Aug 2018 21:47
mrosloYT wrote:
Like I've said multiple times now - wait at-least 5 minutes as the servers will need to fully terminate your session before you can download again.
Ok i will wait thanks for the answer ;)

Davyddin
Donation rank:

29 Aug 2018 22:36

With the free download service, you are only allowed a maximum of 2 download slots at any one time. Trying to use more slots than that will get you (temporarily) banned or "timed-out" from using the free download service. After each download, make sure to wait a few minutes before starting the next one, in order for the service to definitely sense you are not using more than the allowed number of slots. Also, make absolutely sure you are not using any download accelerators och managers or similar software; these often try to utilize more than one download slot for any given single download.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

0815Spotter
Donation rank:

30 Aug 2018 07:34

Nice words..
But what if you don't use any accelerator (like me), firewall and adblocker turned off and you still can't download anything. I try it via firefox or chrome browser and it ever ends with the "Connection limit exceeded" page
Yes, its a completely free download version. But also as free download at least the download should be possible -.-

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

30 Aug 2018 09:10

0815Spotter wrote:
30 Aug 2018 07:34
Nice words..
But what if you don't use any accelerator (like me), firewall and adblocker turned off and you still can't download anything. I try it via firefox or chrome browser and it ever ends with the "Connection limit exceeded" page
Yes, its a completely free download version. But also as free download at least the download should be possible -.-
I can tell you right now - according to the logs your IP address at-least was hitting the connection limit.

NilsSchmidt

30 Aug 2018 16:22

Hi Michael,

iam sorry to bother you, but iam getting the same error. And yes, i call it an Error, because iam neither using an accelerator or download anything. Ths might be an issue with the ISP. Iam using Vodafone/Kabeldeutschland. Maybe there is an acceleration tool woring on their side? i was able to retrieve party 1 to 3 yesterday after trying mutiple times.

I know this is purely my personal Problem: I will not create a paypal account to get acces to the fast download. I simply do not want to have it. It's a matter of principle regarding Paypal. I remember being able to pay via credit card, but that option no longer exists.

Any Germans using then same ISP experiencing the same problems?

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information