Development on version 1.x (Finland - Project Napapiiri)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
ArskaF
Donation rank:

12 Aug 2014 06:18

iReaPzZ wrote:Any plans to do Joensuu?
But still great work ;)
;) I'd like to see that city in map too... But maybe too small place at europe scale?

LoaderSaints

12 Aug 2014 09:32

ArskaF wrote:
iReaPzZ wrote:Any plans to do Joensuu?
But still great work ;)
;) I'd like to see that city in map too... But maybe too small place at europe scale?
In the Nordic countries less populous cities should be possible to be added as Platypus already made Porvoo.

Purno
Donation rank:

12 Aug 2014 09:36

LoaderSaints wrote:In the Nordic countries less populous cities should be possible to be added as Platypus already made Porvoo.
You shouldn't consider the absolute population, but the relative population. Joensuu seems to be the largest town in the area.

I also think population shouldn't be the only thing taken into account. Industrial and logistic importance is way more important.

You'd be surprised of some of the population numbers of the cities planned in Iceland ;)

SirSmeghead

12 Aug 2014 09:59

Purno wrote:You shouldn't consider the absolute population, but the relative population. Joensuu seems to be the largest town in the area.

I also think population shouldn't be the only thing taken into account. Industrial and logistic importance is way more important.

You'd be surprised of some of the population numbers of the cities planned in Iceland ;)
Yeah, there's like one city in entire Iceland that is over 100k people (Reykjavik), rest of top 10 is 30k to 4,7k people :o

Purno
Donation rank:

12 Aug 2014 10:08

SirSmeghead wrote:
Yeah, there's like one city in entire Iceland that is over 100k people (Reykjavik), rest of top 10 is 30k to 4,7k people :o
I wonder if Vík (population: 300) is ProMods' smallest town. :mrgreen:

Vallix
Donation rank:

12 Aug 2014 12:52

I think Joenuu is big enough to get build in the game.
And one positiv thing is you have roads to all directions.
Attachments
karte.jpg
karte.jpg (202.95 KiB) Viewed 3011 times
Feel free to add :)

TehHipster

12 Aug 2014 20:30

Purno wrote:
SirSmeghead wrote:
I wonder if Vík (population: 300) is ProMods' smallest town. :mrgreen:
From what I seen on Wikipedia, they only have a Wool Factory so it would have to be a Farm there. ALSO, don't forget to make the beach cause it's in the top 10 beautiful beaches in the World. Also, add a Stadium and a Gas Station in the town cause, I'm sure there would be one since it's the largest settlement for 70 KM's around.

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

13 Aug 2014 14:42

I think Joensuu is definitely worth consideration, population of 74,000 is a lot more than I expected; 12th largest in Finland. There's a large university, too.
TehHipster wrote: From what I seen on Wikipedia, they only have a Wool Factory so it would have to be a Farm there.
Get this, there's a John Deere forestry base in Joensuu ;)

Platypus
Developer

13 Aug 2014 18:17

Hello,
Päivää,

Yes, doing Joensuu can be considered. However, I don't consider it as a priority actually. Sorry.
Next cities to be added will be along the west coast : Pori, Vaasa, Kokkola, Oulu, Tornio (Haparanda). Also an extension to Rovaniemi and Arctic Circle will be done.

After that, depending of other projects, I will do a part of Swedish coast (Tornio-Umea) or go to the Russian border. Lappeenranta is planned in this case, and maybe Vyborg (RU).

Also eastern cities like Kuusamo and Joensuu will require several hundreds additional kilometers of roads to be added. I think to see this later when going to Russian Border.

Have a nice day,
Platypus

daniel1562

13 Aug 2014 22:19

Platypus wrote:Hello,
Päivää,

Yes, doing Joensuu can be considered. However, I don't consider it as a priority actually. Sorry.
Next cities to be added will be along the west coast : Pori, Vaasa, Kokkola, Oulu, Tornio (Haparanda). Also an extension to Rovaniemi and Arctic Circle will be done.

After that, depending of other projects, I will do a part of Swedish coast (Tornio-Umea) or go to the Russian border. Lappeenranta is planned in this case, and maybe Vyborg (RU).

Also eastern cities like Kuusamo and Joensuu will require several hundreds additional kilometers of roads to be added. I think to see this later when going to Russian Border.

Have a nice day,
Platypus
Hey Platypus I forgot if you were going to add in the sky the aurora borealis in the night in the Artic Circle.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information