Hi All

New users are welcome to post a short introduction here
ScuL
Founder

10 Oct 2018 11:38

The flag system is based on recognised countries, sorry.
If we were to add regional flags then we would get requests for regions like Catalonia, or Frisia, etc. and that would open up a can of worms.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Dogbert

10 Oct 2018 13:23

Wales isn't a region, it is a country in it's own right.

Has no comparison to regions like Catalonia, buddy.

I have joined quite a few other forum in the past, where the seperate countries forming the UK have been represented by their correct flags.

Not to worry, not really a discussion for ProMods. ;)

Regards,
Mike.
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

ScuL
Founder

10 Oct 2018 22:25

I lived in the UK for 6 years and I support Welsh and Scottish independence, as it stands Westminster holds rule over your lands and you are subject to the Union Jack. Your passport doesn't state Wales either, sadly.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Dogbert

11 Oct 2018 15:29

Wales flag has been recognised as the national flag of Wales since 1959. It has nothing to do with independence buddy.

It's actually the Union Flag, it is only correctly known as the Union Jack, when flown on a Royal Navy warship.

Regards,
Mike.
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Davyddin
Donation rank:

11 Oct 2018 16:11

Please refrain from taking such a patronizing attitude now. You certainly understand very well by now that the forum provides flags of sovereign countries only, which the UK is, but which its contituent countries aren't. And certainly you know very well that the flag of the UK is commonly known as the Union Jack just as much as the Union Flag, and that the purported etymological and semantical difference isn't certain. If you didn't, now you do.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

Return to “Introductions”

• Information