ProMods and ETS2 1.32 potential issues

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Cipus
Donation rank:

05 Oct 2018 11:05

ok, problem was solved!!!! finally SCS discovered that it was a memory issue and they came with an update on which now we can increase the r_buffer_page_size from 10 to 20, in config or console. probably the default value (10) is enough for normal use of traffic (vanilla and some small packs), but if you are using large Ai packs definitely increasing this to 20 is a must do!
my game runs very smoothly and I have no more issues since I increased the r_buffer_page_size ;)
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density for ETS2 / ATS and Real Ai traffic engine sounds ETS2 / ATS

Bludlok
Donation rank:

15 Oct 2018 00:04

I'm getting the same as Mr. Larrington too. Tried different combinations of Jazzycats. Think the've all got a problem with 1.32. Guess the major changes have really screwed mods big time! Guess it will be without Jazzycat stuff for now !!

Mutali

15 Oct 2018 15:27

Mr Larrington wrote:
03 Oct 2018 01:28
I've searched for " Ignoring proto with failed segment assignment" in various places but come up empty, so my apologies if this has been covered.
I am also experiencing the same problem, even without Promods. No CTD, just malformed AI cars, weird menu appearance and large string of errors on my console. I tried to remove the AI packs on one of my profiles and now that profile does not load anymore, it crashes on loading so I am afraid of removing mods on my other profiles.

@cipinho does your solution fix this issue?

Mr Larrington
Donation rank:

16 Oct 2018 01:07

It certainly has for me, both in ETS2 and ATS. I haven't tried it with the full complement of AI traffic that I use in some profiles but I haven't had it while testing stuff while running a full suite of Jazzycat's stuff, my own trailer mod (adds several hundred extra trucks and trailers) and a bunch of other AI car/bus/van mods.
Last edited by bmwGTR on 16 Oct 2018 07:41, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote - please do not quote posts direct above yours
a bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds

Cipus
Donation rank:

17 Oct 2018 10:14

Mutali wrote:
No CTD, just malformed AI cars, weird menu appearance and large string of errors on my console.
@cipinho does your solution fix this issue?
use no matter how many traffic pack you want, I have about 900 cars and 1.000 trucks in traffic and with the command

Code: Select all

r_buffer_page_size 20
all issues are gone, no crashes no malformed vehicles and great traffic density!!!
no matter how strong your PC is, this rules must be added if you use lots of traffic packs. scs kindly gave to us this tool so use it!
Mutali wrote:
I tried to remove the AI packs on one of my profiles and now that profile does not load anymore, it crashes on loading so I am afraid of removing mods on my other profiles.
I am sure you removed some essential files, please check your mods, especially map files.
traffic packs have no influence on game loading, if still happens post a gamelog and we solve it!
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density for ETS2 / ATS and Real Ai traffic engine sounds ETS2 / ATS

Mutali

20 Oct 2018 02:25

@cipinho I did not have a map mod enabled on the profile, it just went rip when I removed the traffic packs by TrafficManiac... I'll post the log soon. By the way I tried the r_buffer_page_size solution and it worked on my other profiles. I saw Squirrel had the same issue on his stream last Sunday even with with his NASA pc

StigsChineseCousin
Donation rank:

07 Nov 2018 06:42

I currently have the same exact issues as Mr Larrington, exactly as shown in the screenshots. I've tried the r_buffer_page_size 20 solution, and it does not seem to have worked for me, still seeing malformed AI traffic after about 20 mins of gameplay. Maybe I need to go higher with it?

Cipus
Donation rank:

07 Nov 2018 14:40

in ProMods profile I increased page buffer to 25 after I start having missing parts of cars, so yes you should increase to 25 or even 30 if 25 is not enough for you. I play also other maps on other profiles and keep the same value 25, no problems at all ;)

StigsChineseCousin
Donation rank:

08 Nov 2018 01:53

I just went straight to 30, seems to have resolved. Thanks for the assistance!
Last edited by Volleybal4life on 08 Nov 2018 08:33, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please do not quote replies directly above yours.

bur051

10 Nov 2018 01:43

Hi, where to setup that buffer (r_buffer_page_size) Thanks

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information