[Central] Free download questions

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
riscoloco

15 Oct 2018 21:22

Hi there! im trying to download promods and keep getting the message

Connection limit exceeded!

You're using the free download service and have exceeded your connection limit of 2 concurrent download threads. The free download service is also limited at 200KB/sec per download thread in order to ease the load on our servers and to keep it fair for other people downloading.

i have no other downloads wont even let me download part 1 only thing i could download was def file.Any help please

polterghost

15 Oct 2018 21:48

This FAQ explains NOTHING. I couldnt download anything for 4 hours after finishind downloading parts 3 and 4 and now after 6 hours Im blocked. Either fix it or add note that you can download 2 parts every 3-5 hours or something.

ScuL
Founder

16 Oct 2018 00:43

If your browser has a built-in download manager / accelerator or uses more than 1 thread for a download then you CAN NOT download 2 parts at the same time, just one.
The server is restricted based on the amount of threads.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

polterghost

16 Oct 2018 01:50

ScuL wrote:
16 Oct 2018 00:43
If your browser has a built-in download manager / accelerator or uses more than 1 thread for a download then you CAN NOT download 2 parts at the same time, just one.
The server is restricted based on the amount of threads.
Doesnt every browser have something like that? I used Opera and Firefox, both with same result, blocking me for hours.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

16 Oct 2018 06:12

I've used Google Chrome yesterday, and it indeed isn't able to download more then one part at once. Just wait until the other has finished, before starting the next one.
Sometimes they will tell you you can't download the part, even tough you aren't downloading anything.

Well, I had that too. I downloaded the files as following: 001, 002, 004, 003, 005, 007, 006. The order of downloading doesn't matter.. When you get the message only once, the blocking won't last for hours... It may do so, if you get the message a lot.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

julian141099

16 Oct 2018 12:37

Hey ProMods community,

I would like to load your new version, but the website won't let me load one single file, because I reached the download limit. At least the website tells that. All I loaded yet was the Def data, that worked, but when I attempt to load part 1, I can't load anything, because of the limit. I need help :(

Davyddin
Donation rank:

16 Oct 2018 12:43

julian141099 wrote:
16 Oct 2018 12:37
I would like to load your new version, but the website won't let me load one single file, because I reached the download limit. At least the website tells that. All I loaded yet was the Def data, that worked, but when I attempt to load part 1, I can't load anything, because of the limit. I need help :(
Please see the Free Download FAQ.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

lurchschlurf

16 Oct 2018 14:40

I could not download 2 instances of the new promods 2.31 from the start (only one by one) and now it is telling me this every time i want to DL part 6:

As you can see on the screen there is no DL running. I am asking here, bc it says "further attempts will get you banned" so i want to be sure this will not happen before i proceed to try to DL ;)

greets

edit: ok i retried 15mins later and now it is working again. maybe had to do with high server usage (i've seen 97% or something like that, now it's back to 68%). i will leave this up in case other people experience the same.

CptCaribbean

16 Oct 2018 15:11

Please check the Free Download's FAQ.
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

Grind25
Donation rank:

17 Oct 2018 03:56

need help the part one of pro mods won't open i get an error and i really don't know so if anyone knows i'd be appreciative
Attachments
Pro Mods Error.PNG
The File Error In Question
Pro Mods Error.PNG (4.11 KiB) Viewed 2721 times

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information