[Central] Free download questions

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
larssie2003

20 Oct 2018 11:51

Hello, When I download the Zip Files, WINRAR sais the files are damaged, so I can't download them...

Davyddin
Donation rank:

20 Oct 2018 14:58

1. "WINRAR sais the files are damaged, so I can't download them." I assume you mean you cannot open them?
  2. I assume you are talking about the ProMods free download?
  3. Have you got all seven parts of the multipart archive fully downloaded in the same folder on your computer?
  4. Please try with the latest version of 7-Zip instead (or at least make sure your WinRAR is updated to the latest version, and if it still doesn't work, please try with 7-Zip).
  5. Are you trying to open any other part the the first (named ".001")? As it is a multipart archive, you are only supposed to open the first part (the programme will recognize the other parts automatically).
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

Davyddin
Donation rank:

20 Oct 2018 15:07

ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

hax4lyf

20 Oct 2018 20:54

Honestly this is ridculous. I've spent the last 7 hours and about 2 hours last night trying to download the first file. I don't wanna pay because you shouldn't have too. I get supporting the team and all but why should I pay when the free version doesn't even work. So at first I thought ok maybe its my internet. Found out quickly nope its not. I've tried both 7zip and winrar multiple both haven't worked. Winrar just says corrupt archive and 7zip the folder just has the original file. Sorry if I'm a little vague i'm just extremely unhappy to say the least that I've had to attempt to download a mod for several hours that has worked perfectly fine in the past.
Anyways if anyone could help or knows a solution to this that would be great

Josh0

20 Oct 2018 23:34

@hax4lyf, have you downloaded all seven parts into the same folder before trying to open the archive? Have you tried using the "file testing tool" (also available on the Download page) to test your downloaded files?

Gruphius

21 Oct 2018 15:54

Hey Guys,

I have a problem with the free downloads:
Yesterday I started 2 downloads and my browser crashed while the download and didn´t started again till I reeinstalled it.
But when I try to download the files again, it says, that I reached the max ammount of parallel downloads, but I don´t download anything?

HELP?!

bmwGTR

21 Oct 2018 18:14

Hi,

have a look here:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26256

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

Tronion75

21 Oct 2018 20:40

I'm currently at the second step of Download and get Denied I reached the limit, although I have not started another download? Anyone an idea?
greet

Ok, I have the problem, GOOGLE CHROM

CptCaribbean

21 Oct 2018 21:13

Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

BrainF

22 Oct 2018 17:27

good evening
I try to download the promods, but he tells me permanently I already had 2 downloads open but I do not have one open because I permanently get the message
(google translated)

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information