Germany Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
deleted_user_8875

19 Oct 2018 17:50

Last edited by deleted_user_8875 on 22 Apr 2020 00:45, edited 1 time in total.
I am sorry.. but I had to go...

MG Mike
Donation rank:

19 Oct 2018 19:19

If I am not totally wrong there is a "Stadtautobahn" which is a Autobahn which is leading directly in the city, like in Hamburg the A 251. Those Autobahn has regulary numbers with three figures.

And if I am not totally wrong there is such a Stadtautobahn at Frankfurt at the new vanilla map..with a bridge with Glas walls left and right to it. It looks very nice and If promods team could manage to combine this Autobahn to the already existing promods Frankfurt, it will be fine..

As I wrote many times before, if it is possible combine the new stuff with the old instead of copy and paste..
Another example, Hamburg
If possible let the promods Hamburg as it is and change the old Elbtunnel to the new.. Same goes for the Köhlbrandbridge.
Change the old container port left to the A7 direction north to the new. It's really awesome. If possible set there a delivery point for container freights..maybee sacrifice the BASF Company for this.. As far as I know there is no BASF Chemical plant at Hamburg, but not sure.
In addition the area where the companies are or where the service garage is and the road back to the A7 is at the old Promods Hamburg a countryside. I thing in RL it must be Hamburg Harburg or Wilhelmsburg, so a few more buildings would be nice there.
That are some of my advices I had given. Would make me happy if some of my and the advices of the others would be read and considered by the team..

It is a strange situation cause the existing promods germany is that what we like and for me the most important grounds for me to start playing ets2.
All the time promods grew in all direction and step by step and the germany got better and better last time by adding Koblenz and Bonn which are very beautiful.
And now SCS changes a lot and Promods team is about to use the changes, what would be logical and important to keep the graphic standart from the rest of the new DLCs and so on but on the other hand we are afraid of loosing too many of the known good stuff..

Would be great to see some reports about what's gonna be to changed and some WIP screens and so on..
I am hoping and looking forward for a new and very cool and beautyfull promods germany..

Best luck and a good hand for it.
Kindly regards
MG Mike
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

19 Oct 2018 20:15

It is still hard to say for us what we will do. One thing we know for sure is that some areas can better use a full rebuild where other areas can just be taken from SCS.

e.g. most of the new autobahns and junctions are made very well. Most of them can be directly taken from the base. Some cities are fine and others can use an update (but of course, I don't think that SCS is completely done with updating their Germany ;) ).
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

MG Mike
Donation rank:

20 Oct 2018 08:18

Hello Nico

Thanks for your answer. So it could take some longer time till it is sayable or showable what will happen in Promods Germany...

My thoughts were in a near time after Baltic DLC. That at this time promods needs anyway a new update. Probably the whole Baltic and parts of Russia and Finland would be completely overwritten by the new DLC which would be much better I think without to say the promods Baltic states are bad. But they are outdated and SCS brings many new models there and so on..

But even then it would be great not to loose too much from the known promods germany.

The Autobahns itself can be used. The new exits or crosses looks very well. The textures for the lanes and so on.. All fantastic.. But please keep your network from promods. Keep the A27 till Bremerhaven. Keep the A1 to Fehmarn. By the way Fehmarn could use a complete Rebuilt. The shape of the island is wrong and I know that are scale issues, but Fehmarn is beneath Rügen the beauty fullest German Baltic island and has much more than a farm, a gasstations and the ferry port. Maybe place some szenery houses there and look at the road network there and built it at least a little according to what it looks in RL..
Same goes for the Sundbrücke. The real one is almost one kilometer long and has ramps on each side of the span. Even at Promods she could get I little bigger. Maybe rebuilt the land area before the isle new.. That construction side at Heiligenhafen isn't there anymore since years..

So that area is worthy of a rebuilt.

But even it is a little too big, let the Hamburg area.. Let the Harbour bridge drive able.. It is a pretty fine Szenery there..

Bremen could use an upgrade. A little closer to reality by implementing the exit to the city with the B6 and that road triangle there. Let the one Autobahn lead to Oldenburg. The Szenery city Oldenburg could be part of promods. Or as I have seen I think the developer of the Emden Addon will build that szenery city in his next version..

Maybe build a further new road at the south of Bremerhaven with the Weser tunnel leading to Oldenburg and Emden too. Ok many roads on small area, but would be nice to have.. In Addition the A27 with Cuxhaven and the B73 back to Hamburg would make the Elbe Weser triangle complete.

Such things with the new assets and new textures would be a wonderful new part to northern Germany. Also some additionally roads in Holstein. Maybe the city Heide and the Elbe ferry to connect it to B73 again.
The already existing B71 could be build further untill Bremerhaven to the connection to A27. With a B74 crosses which leads to the Elbe ferry.
A few of the villages or small town there as szenery or maybe with a gas station. All together would be a perfect beauty full Elbe Weser Area.. Similar to the Koblenz Area, where Promods did many things at a small area too. And if became a beatyful part of promods Germany..

As you can see I have many ideas for promods.. But since I am no mapper and have no knowledge about the editor I have no possibility to built such things by myself or for myself. I have job and family and less free time. So I prefer to stay a driver.
But for the improvement of Promods germany I give some ideas or advices.. And you (the team) could take it or not..
Sure it would make every one happy to see if his ideas would be some day part of this great mod..

Don't skip the beauty full flat landscape we have now. Give it the new textures and new vegetation and then I guess it would have a new look too..

So again all best wishes to the team. You have done a really great job so far and made the ETS2 over light-years better than the old Vanillamap of Europe. I am sure you would make it one more time with Germany..
Kindly Regards from north germany
MG Mike

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

21 Oct 2018 10:29

Right now Im looking into the possibilities of rebuilding Fehmarn, because I agree it needs to happen.

I have been there at least 6 times so I know the area very well, but don't forget that the space we have in that area is really really limited. Once I can show/say more I will post updates.

MG Mike
Donation rank:

21 Oct 2018 13:07

Great Nico, very great to read !!!

Fehmarn is the birth place of my father and now i and my family get there often as possible for vacation.
I am glad that you are knowing Fehmarn too ...
i know the place is very limited there, so i do not await too much, a few more houses and a little harbour maybee ??

And more important a bigger Sundbridge. So i am looking forward to what you can make :)

M95

22 Oct 2018 18:18

On one hand an understandable move to do this area, since it is still from the 1.0 era, on the other hand a strange move since Germany has not even been rebuilded completely. Yes, SCS has done a rebuild and seen the fact they have the community event it could be possible that they continue the rebuild, but filling up the missing links (A6 to France, A61 gap, A71 etc.) would be more logical in my eyes. It looks like most of the users want to remain promods ARP over SCS stuff, so no risk for overrides and now it feels like ARP is network wise not finished and will never be completed (or at least not in a short term).

LOK330

23 Oct 2018 12:59

Hopefully bab40 connecting A73 , or use other junctions Replace Kreuz Kaiser

UmutCok

24 Oct 2018 16:14

I have a question. Why is the A40 (Running from the Dutch Border to approx. Dortmund not in ProMods?
Is this because of the Scale?
- I am the King Collider -

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

24 Oct 2018 19:27

Yes

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information