Iberian Peninsula Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
TimmyTurner95

04 Nov 2018 03:14

Why is Tarragona not included ? The signs are saying Tarragona all the time but you don't pass it, and there is no closed raod that would lead to it.

Instead there is a small village next to the road to Valencia.
EURoadNet-Developer

realdeal350
Developer

04 Nov 2018 05:27

No space and height problem
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

liano

04 Nov 2018 11:40

They put plates with Tarragona for realistic purposes, but as said above, it doesn't fit.

Snook

05 Nov 2018 01:54

Scale is not an excuse for not doing things right.
I have seen many maps with very small sizes and they play the scale very well.

You do not know how to apply that, please let others do it if they know.
Please, study a bit of Spanish geography, that Vinaros does not have anything special.

You could put Vilareal if you do not like Castellon, a leading town focused on the ceramics industry, ideal for these types of games.

And stop putting nonsense, like "Promods will rule the world" in a screen projector on the highway ... more serious when it comes to mapping please.

And I repeat, studying Spanish geography before ...
Romania has a much larger scale and is smaller than Spain, so do not look for an excuse of scale problem.

If you do not know how to map, leave it, let it be reconstructed by another person with more experience.

realdeal350
Developer

05 Nov 2018 03:27

Snook wrote:
Scale is not an excuse for not doing things right.
I'm sorry that the game is 19 times smaller than real life and not everything can fit. Be appreciative of the things that we can fit in. We try very hard to fit in as much as we can. If you have a problem over one city then please feel free to try and make it yourself
Snook wrote:
Please, study a bit of Spanish geography, that Vinaros does not have anything special.
I know Spanish geography well and one of the Spain developers is from Spain. I know that Vinarós is not very special, and as I said, it was a last minute implementation.
Snook wrote:
You could put Vilareal if you do not like Castellon, a leading town focused on the ceramics industry, ideal for these types of games.
Just because Castellón couldn't fit, that doesn't mean I don't like it. I have never been there, so why would I dislike a city? And if Castellón couldn't fit then how would you expect Villarreal to fit as well?
Snook wrote:
And stop putting nonsense, like "Promods will rule the world" in a screen projector on the highway ... more serious when it comes to mapping please.
Wow, you're no fun. It's just a joke and most people will find it funny. If you don't like it, just keep driving. It's not in your face or anything, it's just a sign...
Snook wrote:
And I repeat, studying Spanish geography before ...
Romania has a much larger scale and is smaller than Spain, so do not look for an excuse of scale problem.

If you do not know how to map, leave it, let it be reconstructed by another person with more experience.
Spain already has way more things to do than Romania.

Do you think I am an idiot? I have been mapping for 4 years. I am not a master, but I will not be told by some random person that I do not know how to map. If you think you can do it better, try it yourself before judging other people.

You are very unappreciative of the amount of hours me and Ivan have committed to try and bring you the best driving experience possible. Just because one or two cities are missing, that doesn't mean you can start attacking me and act like you know everything. Your poor attitude is very demotivating for me, especially since I try so hard to bring everyone the best driving experience possible, and then I log onto the forum and see this nonsense.

And please, everyone, stop asking constantly about why a city is missing! There is obviously a reason for it and if there wasn't a good reason, it would have been included.
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

05 Nov 2018 06:58

The barebones for Tarragona were included in the release version until the road to Valencia was included.

Replacing Tarragona with Vinaros was the correct decision. As it stood, there was going to be *nothing* there because of scale issues. There's a whole ton of major industrial areas (Or those important to the companies we have, like Ikea's main Spanish distribution centre in Valls) we've had to omit simply because of the scale.

The official map scale might be 1:19, but cities are 1:3. This means that many highway sections are by necessity closer to 1:40 than 1:19. We chose to remove a major 1:3 area to get a large 1:19 area, instead of two tiny 1:40 areas.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

Vøytek
Developer

05 Nov 2018 11:46

Snook wrote:
Ever heard of the "Easter egg" thing in games?
It's something a game developer (in this case a map developer) adds to the game, so players will smile after noticing it. Sometimes it's very well hidden, sometimes not. SCS does it too, so did you tell them already to stop adding "nonsense" to the game? Be less serious, bring a smile to your life, please.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

LCScanalda
Donation rank:

05 Nov 2018 12:00

I admire your dedication in creating the Spanish map on Promods. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

fisherjb
Developer

05 Nov 2018 16:02

That guy (@Snook) is a joke!! I think that you (the spain developers) are the best developers of promods. No other country looks as good as spain does in promods. I fully appreciate your effort and hope you will be motivated to make the whole country (even when it takes time)

And for mr. joke (@Snook): please make a map by yourself and show it to us so we can judge!
Promods developer of:

- Elbasan :flag_al:
- E-871 :flag_bg: :flag_mk:
- Abbotsford :flag_ca:
- A10 :flag_at:

loupdargent

05 Nov 2018 16:05

Spain is one of the very best part of promods, keep up, promods developpers, you are wizards. ;)

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information