[DIS] Roextended ant YKS Turkey

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
arayas

08 Nov 2018 18:48

Roextended for Promods it's working without errors with ....Promods. To be clear, i am not the map maker of YKS and i agree with people saying it's an outdated map, both as mapping technik and as look departament.
People saying Roextended has no compatibility with Promods maybe dont have enough info on this subject, sience Roextended doesn't have a topic in this forum.
But you can see it for your self in this video presenting Roextended 1.9 Promods version, where you can see the new connections with Promods in Poland. And how a quarry should look.
BTW, all Ukrainean cities in the video are Roextended not Promods (i am talking off course about Muchacevo and Uzhorod).

Last edited by bmwGTR on 08 Nov 2018 19:15, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: fixed youtube link
Editor of Romania Extended Map
roextended.ro
[email protected]
ROEXTENDED FORUM
Personal Mods ATS and ETS - Superzoom, Superlights, Normal Economy, Super Traffic, Loading Screens, Black Friday, Virtual Mirrors

Rudi Raser
In Memoriam
Donation rank:

08 Nov 2018 18:52

arayas wrote:
08 Nov 2018 18:48

People saying Roextended has no compatibility with Promods maybe dont have enough info on this subject, ..
did anyone said this here in this thread?
No Support via PM!

arayas

08 Nov 2018 18:55

Trucker2223 wrote:
06 Nov 2018 12:38
no it's not cpmpatible. Or only badly compatible.
I wouldn't recommend such a Combo, Play YKS standalone.
And it's not the only post. But people have the right to have an opinion.
roextended.ro
[email protected]
ROEXTENDED FORUM
Personal Mods ATS and ETS - Superzoom, Superlights, Normal Economy, Super Traffic, Loading Screens, Black Friday, Virtual Mirrors

Rudi Raser
In Memoriam
Donation rank:

08 Nov 2018 19:06

my english is not the best, but...

it looks for me like that he means YKS is not compatible with ProMods, and because of that he wrote at the end that it is better to play YKS as standalone map.

but that i´m only guessing, but makes sence for me. but feel free to interpretat that like ever you want.
No Support via PM!

arayas

08 Nov 2018 19:18

Maybe you are right. My english it's not also top-knoch. ;)
I agree with wrong scaled YKS. I maded some patches to play YKS with Promods, via Roextended but it's not the optimal solution and people know it. Even so, many people are using it.
I just wanted to make things clear about using Roextended with Promods.
roextended.ro
[email protected]
ROEXTENDED FORUM

OlavEmil
Donation rank:

08 Nov 2018 22:54

arayas wrote:
08 Nov 2018 18:55
Trucker2223 wrote:
06 Nov 2018 12:38
no it's not cpmpatible. Or only badly compatible.
I wouldn't recommend such a Combo, Play YKS standalone.
And it's not the only post. But people have the right to have an opinion.
And also:
Rudi Raser wrote:
06 Nov 2018 15:32
why should ProMods give you a loading order for maps like Roextended, Poland Rebuild, Balkan and maps which overwrite ProMods areas?
i can´t see there any sense. and if you think you can connect many maps together like Wombat do, then do it and have fun. but for trouble shootings, bugs, crashes, ask him for support.
All addon maps on top of Promods overwrite Promods. This includes Scandinavia map, Sardinia map, Paris rebuild and others. Why should we provide loading orders? Because people ask nicely. Those who have a working solution can provide these, those who don't can stay out of it, rather than going on about how any combination they themselves are unable to make work for whatever reason, are incompatible.

arayas

08 Nov 2018 23:25

Yes, any map combined with Promods has to overwrite portions of Promods. In my case, Roextended, i had some territory where Promods expanded, except Romania where my intention to overwrite was clear. For the people not using Promods i have to preserve my work so those areas are staying in Roextended even in Promods version.
About loading orders, well,... Promods doesn't have to provide loading orders because it's used as a base map. SCS provides loading orders for vanilla add-on maps? No. And also the number of add-ons maps to Promods are growing and it's hard to find a solution for all of them. Yes, if someone has an answer to a question about loading orders, ok, please post it in the forum.
For my map i bought a domain and created a site just to offer answers and info to anyone interested. I have a public support mail adress for users. If you play Roextended, i think first place to ask it's there. If i play Zaregon's North Map and i have problems i should go to RusMap forum topic to ask there? No. Same thing here.
roextended.ro
[email protected]
ROEXTENDED FORUM

Davyddin
Donation rank:

09 Nov 2018 00:42

OlavEmil wrote:
All addon maps on top of Promods overwrite Promods. This includes Scandinavia map, Sardinia map, Paris rebuild and others.
arayas wrote:
Yes, any map combined with Promods has to overwrite portions of Promods.
This is part misleading, part false. There are ProMods add-on maps which do replace parts of ProMods, and have the intent to do so, e.g. Poland Rebuilding, Project Balkans, and RoExtended, but not every ProMods add-on map (or ProMods-compatible map) replaces parts of ProMods. Sardinia, for example, does not. Scandinavia does only with the intent to expand.
OlavEmil wrote:
Why should we provide loading orders? Because people ask nicely.
arayas wrote:
About loading orders, well,... Promods doesn't have to provide loading orders because it's used as a base map.
We do provide an official list of and loading order for recommended compatible maps. I don't think I need to elaborate on why this official list of recommended additional maps doesn't include maps which replace parts of ProMods, nor every available (more or less) compatible map there is.

As I said already, individual users are free to ask for and provide guidance on other combinations, but likewise are individual users free to give their opinions on whether or not it makes sense to do so in their experience.
OlavEmil wrote:
those who don't can stay out of it, rather than going on about how any combination they themselves are unable to make work for whatever reason, are incompatible.
Strawmanning is not nice. Please refrain from it.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

CAPLV
Donation rank:

09 Nov 2018 07:07

btw.. Sardinia map isnt promods add-on.. its base map add-on.. :D just because promods hasnt changeg there.. its still compatible w/promods as it adds teritory
the same is with Paris RB... its rebuild of scs Paris... as Promods hasnt changed it.. it works w/promods too :)
// ETS2 v.1.36+Promods 2.43+Roextended 2.4(P)+RSK Turkey 1.9.5+RusMap 2.0+Southern Region 7.9+TGS 1.36 //

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information