Iberian Peninsula Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
NewCoolMapper

18 Nov 2018 15:00

I think it really suffers from the scale, if the map I saw was right. Denmark has lots of cities and is much smaller than Portugal: why should we only have 4/5 cities compared to Denmark?
Also, many things fit and aren’t going to be added, for reasons that I don’t know. Beja is far from everything, is a big city and will not be included. The same goes for Castelo Branco.

And about no work being done there currently, I think that’s bad. How’s it possible that ProMods has reached the Balkans but not Portugal?...
Seems like no interest.
Lead developer of the project of Portugal 1:8 Image

Ostpuff
Developer

18 Nov 2018 15:23

I don't know what map you have seen but I can assure you nothing is set in stone. It's a lot easier to decide what to include when actually mapping the area, making approximations beforehand is not easy when you have to consider size of cities in-game, how complex the surrounding landscapes are and how you want the city-to-road balance to be.

Your definition of a "big city" is clearly very different from ours. Beja, which you brought up has a population of only 21,000. Hardly a very big city by any measurement. That's not to say it won't be included, but it's too early to say at this stage.

And finally, have a look at a map. The Balkans are connected to the SCS map. Portugal however, has a large country called Spain between itself and the SCS map. This country also happens to be the fourth largest in Europe by surface area. Go figure why we haven't reached there yet. Nonetheless, we actually have two great devs dedicated to working on Spain. Is that because of a lack of interest?
Image ProMods' Sweden plans and progress HERE
Image For Germans: Even though it might seem like something else, my name is simply another way of saying "cheese balls" in Swedish. Nothing else.

NewCoolMapper

18 Nov 2018 15:41

It’s a big city for the scale of Portugal. Portugal has 18 districts: and one of them is Beja. Beja is a very important city, not in terms of population but has its own airport so I thought it would be a nice addition to the game.

And of course I thought about that when suggesting Beja to you: Beja is 81 km from Évora.

From Guarda to Castelo Branco it is also 82 km: so I don’t see a reason for not adding it.

When talking about Braga, Aveiro and Setúbal, I understand why they should not be added, but these ones have no reason to not be on the game. The industrial area on Castelo Branco is huge.

EdgeGladiator

18 Nov 2018 16:11

NewCoolMapper wrote:
18 Nov 2018 14:33
If that’s the detail and effort they are going to put on a 1:19 map about a country with so many important highways and roads, that was two years ago the country with the best highways in Europe, then most people won’t like it.
The DLCs, Promods, Rusmap, Southern Region map, etc... are in 1.19 and almost people like. Today there is no map in 1.1 or 1.2 that is well developed or works (except Hungary Map).
Last edited by Davyddin on 19 Nov 2018 08:44, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Redaction because of missing context as part of cleaup of topic
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

gmtavares

18 Nov 2018 16:28

Offtopic @EdgeGladiator, but Southern Region isn't in 1:19, it's 1:17, annoying me a bit.

But guys... What does the scale at which PM builds countries matter? It's the same scale of the base map since ProMods is an add-on.
If you want to complain about the scale, talk to SCS, not us.

Meanwhile, I am not the least bit worried about lack of quality as (kudos to them) @realdeal and @Ivan have done a great job with their mapping AND they are open to suggestions like any other PM mapper if you see anything you think can be made more realistically. Of course there is a chance nothing gets changed, but you don't lose anything for making suggestions once it is actually being developed
Last edited by Davyddin on 19 Nov 2018 08:45, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Replaced all caps with italics
ProMods isn't a mod, it's a game.

Project Japan Admin
Mediterranean Map Admin
Lviv Oblast Expansion Developer
Carpathian ProMods Add-On Developer

ProMods junior beta tester from 2.17 to 2.43 :D
🇵🇹 living in 🇪🇪

NewCoolMapper

18 Nov 2018 17:10

EdgeGladiator wrote:
18 Nov 2018 16:11
The DLCs, Promods, Rusmap, Southern Region map, etc... are in 1.19 and almost people like. Today there is no map in 1.1 or 1.2 that is well developed or works (except Hungary Map).

And it's better to stop as Noah_Lukas says, there is no development there so it's not interresant.
What you said about it not being interesting, it’s exactly how I feel about the ProMods forum.

I came here giving suggestions (and I helped the team before regarding to details in the Portuguese signs) but I’ll never do it again.
(Just giving that Voytek vibe after helping someone)

Probably this is my last post on this topic, and maybe in the whole forum, as I don’t use it anymore.

Bye
Last edited by NewCoolMapper on 19 Nov 2018 17:01, edited 3 times in total.

alexcarrera13902

18 Nov 2018 17:56

I know you will say that when this list, but for now you think that for nothingness will be published the new update that includes the central area (Madrid ....)

PirriAND

18 Nov 2018 18:14

My grandmother passed away a few weeks ago and I had to drive to her hometown in the region of Extremadura (South West close to the Portugal border). After spending a few days, I decided to cross the border to check out how my Portuguese brothers were up to since i don't have the chance to often too drive in that area, and it's really worth doing so. Portugal and Spain might not be the best economies in Europe by far, but the Iberian Peninsula is more than privilege that those two countries have the luck to share.

When Promods completes all of Iberia, trust me that we will enjoy a lot crossing in and out of the border between both countries.

MrPidf

18 Nov 2018 19:12

Think of it on another page. Portugal will be one of the last, so it's gonna have a good variety of assets, buildings, etc etc.

IvanGF14
Developer

18 Nov 2018 19:20

I`m busy now working on Madrid, that's why there arent many screenshots of development being posted here. Today i built the A-5 interchange, so i started building this highway. What does this mean? You can guess it :D Anyway, i can say that the curve in the next screenshot is just 15km from the Portuguese border :)
Let's see if now we can end these crying discussions about Portugal -.-

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information