New DLC, New game version and Promods

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Davyddin
Donation rank:

27 Nov 2018 00:06

I must admit I am personally actually quite tempted to reason in the same way. :D
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

cjlear

27 Nov 2018 01:14

OK, I loved ETS2/Promods/Rusmap/Southern Region. Then 1.32 comes out and breaks everything. Eventually I get the new Promods and it's great.
Went to drive for the first time in a couple of weeks and Steam has auto-updated to 1.33 and broken everything. There does not seem to be a "DON'T F(*&#G UPDATE THIS!" option in Steam, only update always/on launch/high priority.
Is there some way to poison this stupid behaviour so that I can maintain a working ETS2 with mods, until all the mod updates are ready and I can patch everything at once? When *I* want to, not when Steam thinks I should?
Sorry, I know it isn't strictly a promods problem, but until I can get it sorted I cannot use the mod.
Not updating ETS2 until it and my mods can work together again as a package

JustAnotherTrucker

27 Nov 2018 02:05

You can opt in to the temporarily 1.32 in the beta tab until promods update to 1.33

cjlear

27 Nov 2018 02:26

Thanks JAT. Didn't realise that was the mechanism to do it. Downloading yet another 674MB over $$$ cellular as we speak. :( At least I'll be able to drive!
Not updating ETS2 until it and my mods can work together again as a package

CAPLV
Donation rank:

27 Nov 2018 07:58

i removed truck physics mod.. scs now is good.. only waiting for grimes mod update to use.. gladly my own economic mod isnt need for update and works great.. also only map at this moment doesnt work on 1.33 is only Promods.. :D i like experiments.. and new features/updates.. so i`ll use 1.33 version and cant wait baltic dlc to move garage to my country garage :D

btw.. 1.32 isnt bug free and stable.. remember those errors and CTD`s because of memory issues :D?!
// ETS2 v.1.36+Promods 2.43+Roextended 2.4(P)+RSK Turkey 1.9.5+RusMap 2.0+Southern Region 7.9+TGS 1.36 //

Davyddin
Donation rank:

27 Nov 2018 14:36

cjlear wrote:
27 Nov 2018 01:14
Went to drive for the first time in a couple of weeks and Steam has auto-updated to 1.33 and broken everything. There does not seem to be a "DON'T F(*&#G UPDATE THIS!" option in Steam, only update always/on launch/high priority.
Is there some way to poison this stupid behaviour so that I can maintain a working ETS2 with mods, until all the mod updates are ready and I can patch everything at once? When *I* want to, not when Steam thinks I should?
If I'm not mistaken, the is an option in Steam to turn off automatic updates.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

Cipus
Donation rank:

28 Nov 2018 15:06

CAPLV: 1.32 Is bug free for me, those issues have been solved, lot of troubles have caused that lack of memory ;) I finally managed to proof scs that both ATS and ETS2 had hidden issue until they gave to us that memory tool ;)
since you are from Latvia I perfectly understand that you can wait to buy the Baltics DLC ;)

Davyddin, the only possible option to keep the game far from unwanted updates is to keep Steam offline. the 2nd choice is to select on beta tab temporary in 1.32*. for incompatible mods, but here is a tricky part, you need to follow closely the beta stage.
I did not pay attention and I moved temporary to 1.33 to save the files necessary to update my mods, and then I selected "1.32.* for incompatible mods" which reverted my game to a previous version of 1.32, not the last one. then I realized that I should simply select "stay out of beta" and only on the last days of beta I could select "1.32.* for incompatible mods" which eventually was the last version of 1.32 ;)
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density for ETS2 / ATS and Real Ai traffic engine sounds ETS2 / ATS

Claus62

29 Nov 2018 09:51

@cjlear: if a new scs update is around the corner, i.e. the beta has been public for some time, look out for the status of your game - normally it would say "ready to play" if that changes into "update pending" or "updating X% done" select the [temporary] version as you've just done and it keeps the present version (and stopping the download it case it already started) - that way you save yourself those unnecessary downloads.

nunoazev

29 Nov 2018 11:24

Hy Cipinho

Can you explain the memory tools you refer above.

THANKS

CAPLV
Donation rank:

29 Nov 2018 11:57

cipinho wrote:
28 Nov 2018 15:06
CAPLV: ... since you are from Latvia I perfectly understand that you can wait to buy the Baltics DLC ;)
Already did.. and even activated on Steam.. just need wait oficial release to install :D
// ETS2 v.1.36+Promods 2.43+Roextended 2.4(P)+RSK Turkey 1.9.5+RusMap 2.0+Southern Region 7.9+TGS 1.36 //

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information