[Opinions] Beyond the Baltic Sea DLC

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
id777
Donation rank:

30 Nov 2018 22:21

I think Promods Baltic is better, more density, a lot of cities, roads.

And SCS Baltic is just like default, a lot of fields, less cities, no city centers.

So i wish Promods developers can merge their work with dlc, but not just replace their Baltic with SCS.
id777 ;)

System: Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core [email protected] x6
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

id777
Donation rank:

30 Nov 2018 22:23

I totally agree with Claus!
id777 ;)

id777
Donation rank:

30 Nov 2018 22:30

Hi anyone, i m here to tell i am disappointed.
New BALtic DLC is not as good as i was waiting :(

Comparing with Promods there are much cities in Promods than DLC.

Lithuania and Latvija is bit empty, no city centers, only industrial districts. Cities are not full, i had thoughts dlc is unfinished :?:

But i must to write that Liepaja and Ventspils are not too bad by SCS. Enjoy it!

Also I don't like that dlc don't have road signs with kilometers to some city, like promods has. It's very unrealistic.

So i personally think that Promods need to take their Baltic on base and improve it with DLC baltic, only that way!

What do you think about it? Please write your opinion.

Merge:

I am afraid that you, Promods team, will delete your Baltic like you have done with France.

Please don't do that. I am writing only about Kaliningrad, Latvija, Lithuania and Estonia.
Last edited by Davyddin on 30 Nov 2018 22:36, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged multipost; please edit your posts instead of multiposting
id777 ;)

brainiac
Donation rank:

30 Nov 2018 23:59

Knowing SCS previous mapping, I also agree with you guys!
What about St. Petersburg?
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

TheRayLV

01 Dec 2018 10:49

id777 wrote:
30 Nov 2018 22:30

So i personally think that Promods need to take their Baltic on base and improve it with DLC baltic, only that way.
^I agree, only this way!! Not take dlc as base but your own work. This time scs unfortunately did a bad job ;/

CAPLV
Donation rank:

01 Dec 2018 11:03

hmm.. in some way i agree.. after promods baltic.. Latvia seems loose charm... so default... but.. i hear.. Promods will take care of Baltic... :)

Lithuania on other hand received much more love from SCS :D than Promods...

Estonia only loose his islands.. i`m no doubt.. promods will take them back..

IMHO... Promods should take care about Latvia and Kaliningrad oblast (region)... + Estonia islands.. all other is acceptable..
// ETS2 v.1.36+Promods 2.43+Roextended 2.4(P)+RSK Turkey 1.9.5+RusMap 2.0+Southern Region 7.9+TGS 1.36 //

EdgeGladiator

01 Dec 2018 11:53

I am not yet testing the DLC Baltics but I feel that they have really done well by SCS. There are a lots of complex interchanges, many cities, better density. 100 % much better than the DLC Vive la France eg.
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

MantasTheK

04 Dec 2018 11:06

Hello, guys, first of all big, big thanks to ProMods team and all developers for their effort and dedication to this wonderful project. Regards to this new Beyond The Baltic Sea DLC, I gotta say, it's truly an authentic replica of Baltic countries. I'm Lithuanian myself, so I opened my ETS2, started in Kaunas, and I was gobsmacked, I recognized many landmarks, places, even roads and signs. SCS did a phenomenal job. Someone did say that ProMods cities are more detailed than SCS, well, yes and no. More stuff, but not always authentic, sorry.. Problem is SCS doesn't add many roads or places to visit, little forests and etc, which ProMods can easily provide. But... It depends on developer who does the region of course, I don't want to be rude, but ProMods version of Baltics was.. like generic eastern European sort of replica, I didn't recognize my city or other countries at all (and i've been there) So, now with fantastic DLC I hope team will listen and build around the DLC, add some extra roads, places, and of course I missed "Kuršių Nerija" national park region near Baltic sea in DLC, so I hope ProMods definitely will bring it back. Cause it has that! Cheers. ( Sorry for long "quick" reply :) )

id777
Donation rank:

04 Dec 2018 20:03

I ask developer for Baltics, please don't forget about these signs with destinations. And little towns and villages, there are a lot of them in Promods Baltics and very few in SCS Baltics. Without it map looks very simple (default).

For me road signs like this and different small towns and villages are reasons why i like playing Promods ;)

Please don't ruin it!
id777 ;)

kyberorg

04 Dec 2018 23:35

SCS Baltic is quite great. Cities are highly detailed. Border points look same as they're in real life (only time to pass border is not real at all). It is awesome to drive my Scania at the same road as I was driving by car to get home just 30 minutes ago.
I'm not an expert in Latvia and Lithuania, but Estonian ProMods project should definitely adopt Tallinn and Narva border from SCS. I was surprised by town selection in Estonia (they did Kunda, instead of larger Rakvere).
As for me Promods version of Finland is better then SCS one.
Also negative point of SCS is map scaling: Saue goes right after Paldiski (there is 35 km and Keila between them), there almost no space between Opol'e and St.Petersburg (actually there is 100km and 1.5-2 hours to ride). In Tallinn road from Peterburi mnt to Port is also short as hell.

Anyhow SCS did awesome mode and let Promods add (restore) missing areas in Baltic and adopt some cities from SCS version. I hope that merge result will be awesome as always.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information