Ideas for Promods!

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
PirriAND

14 Nov 2018 13:14

I know it's imposible but it would be great to have a huge traffic jam only for trucks to cross the Russian border. And a script that opens a menu and you have to hand the customs officer all the papers needed to cross the border.

That way, if you are taking a job and your destination is Russia, you have to plan ahead because you might not know the delay in border crossings.

Omicron
Developer

14 Nov 2018 14:56

PirriAND

SCS is implementing the feature where you show your documents to the customs officer at the border in the upcoming Baltic DLC. They check it and then you can go through.
Developer since 2.56
Éirinn go Brách!

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

14 Nov 2018 20:39

I've seen that in a few vids on YT. It's a cool feature!
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

basicbh1

09 Dec 2018 19:16

Bosnia would be nice, Sarajevo and Mostar would be cool to see in Promods. Plus the road between these 2 cities offers such breathtaking scenery which would be awesome in Promods :)

PirriAND

09 Dec 2018 21:24

Omicron:

Yes but it should be done in a more realistic way. Not only "Show papers, stamp and off you go". I wish they could make the procuedure be like 5min or so. That way it's more realistic and you have to wait for the trucks in front of you to finish before you do. I mean, some borders may take up to days to cross with a Truck (Russia)

basicbh1

And deadly :lol:

I have a friend who almost died in a car crash back when he was serving in the army in Mostar.

By the way this looks similar to the road that conects Spain with Andorra:

Bosnia:
https://www.google.ad/maps/@43.4858487, ... 704!8i4352

Spain heading towards Andorra:

https://www.google.ad/maps/@42.1249781, ... 312!8i6656

Phantom_Mark
Donation rank:

20 Dec 2018 19:03

One of my greatest grips of ETS is the small roundabouts, and general lane/junction design, we have very few motorways in the Uk for example which use a dedicated slip lane which reduces the lanes from 3 to 2, the slips are additional to the 3 or 4 lanes on the motorway and rarely reduce and then increase in lanes either side of the junction, Give way & stop lines miles behind the actual junction so if you stop you cannot actually see either side of the junction when it is clear......any improvement in this area would be most welcomed, I have already seen some improvements in pro-mods and appreciated.

Would also like to see more backroads and delivery points which are not so generic, and tougher parking.........

Great work so far.

Omicron
Developer

23 Dec 2018 19:17

PirriAND

Even for five minutes that would've made some people unhappy: despite the realism, they would like to just go through (as would anyone). We have to remember that SCS did say they wanted to maintain fluid gameplay:
Customs checks are taking place on both sides of the border line and they may take a long time to spend in a queue, which may turn out to be clashing with our desire for fluid gameplay.
Source

I don't have the DLC yet so I don't know whether or not you can go straight through or you wait forever.
Developer since 2.56
Éirinn go Brách!

Kingelbenji
Donation rank:

07 Jan 2019 20:59

Hello dear Modbauer

What I would wish would be Schweinfurt and Würzburg, since I am out of the area, I would be pleased if you could incorporate the two cities.

lg
Kingelbenji

FloridianRepublic
Donation rank:

10 Jan 2019 00:42

I personally would like more work in Italy, like a Rome rebuild.

zyprexia

11 Jan 2019 15:13

Would be nice if the waiting queue option had a slider similar to the rain setting. That would allow you to specify how much realism you want.
Now we're on the point of realism. Not all custom offices are open 24/7. That would mean that at some crossing you have to spend the night on the parking lot..

But realism is a tricky topic and I understand why SCS had kept the realism confined to the truck and less on the environment. So we don't have seasons (no snow, but also no leafs in autumn), no birds, no litter, no traffic jams on the freeway, no bicycles or crossing pedestrians in cities. Companies have always a open slot for you to unload your cargo regardless whether you're early or late. Companies are always open, also during the night. Most distribution centers work with slots to schedule deliveries. You don't want 6 trucks to arrive at once if you only have 2 loading docks. I also never seen a AI card to drive to a red light or drive in the wrong lane or double parked cars. Never cut off my truck in order to make a exit, or fail to give way, overtake when not allowed.

Realism gets complicated fast..
System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4800Mhz, 48GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, RTX2060, HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information