Fantasy freelancers

Post your own screenshots & videos of our mods here
deleted_user_8875

18 Dec 2018 16:57

Last edited by deleted_user_8875 on 22 Apr 2020 00:35, edited 1 time in total.
I am sorry.. but I had to go...

krigl

23 Dec 2018 23:37

Maxest wrote:
18 Dec 2018 16:57
Did you used some enviroment/graphical mod for ATS? It's look way too real on some pictures.
Yes. Piva's weather mod, Filmic Lighting, Grimes's textures are all used in various places. Also a bit of photoshop. But ATS generally looks more real than ETS2 anyway (especially the base map/Going East and related assets} due to the dust and dirt and run-down urban uglyness you often see in ATS - probably because we're used to associating uglyness with reality, or so it seems to me :D

Not that it's an ugly game or anything, it looks great. But America, though sometimes spectacular or beautiful, is often also quite ugly, and ATS reproduces it well...

Cheers!

krigl

24 Dec 2018 00:11

American Interlude 2/2

Dan's back, and with some mod versions of the default ATS Kenwood trucks....

With the new company going from strength to strength - 4 garages now, each with an employee in it - I figured I could afford to splash out at last. And it is Christmas, after all.

Time also to move south of Las Vegas and Nevada into a new state for this thread - Arizona.

So it's farewell to the glittering halls of Vegas... time to head south.

One of the paint jobs that came with this T680 gave me an idea for an "owned trailer" paint scheme. Looks pretty darn nifty, don't you think?

Crossing a bridge near the Hoover Darn. Won't call it by it's proper name because I don't hold with cussin'.

Only joking. Nicely modelled though, ain't it?!

Spent quite some time on that brown trailer stripe. Almost got it right. Would be great to be able to click on an image and select a colour from it. Here we are passing through Kingman, North Arizona.

Prefer the older W900 but it's not half bad looking, this modded T680.

Between Flagstaff and Page.

Always someone faster.

Late delivery to Barad Dur. Aiieeee! His eye is upon me. It scorches my very soul!!

Donuts galore. Will pick up some for Sauron, he's got the munchies and the pizza wasn't enough.

This is more my kind of thing. Yep... but it's not Jenny, it's a W900L. Of course, that was immediately obvious.

Got a bit of a green theme going here.

Sun coming up somewhere between the Grand Canyon Village and Holbrook, N. Arizona.

They have pylons in ATS too, what's not to like.

A tad more greenery in Arizona than in Nevada. Not everywhere, but it's refreshing when you see it.

A mighty fine looking truck, this one.

And it's tractors again, Holbrook.

North through desert to Kayenta.

Kayenta.

Lovely...

Industrial facility just outside Page.

Delivering to Page again.

The T680 was in town and it was getting near sundown so we went for a drive over to the Grand Canyon to take in the view.

Got there just in time.

Spectacular!!

Last one from ATS for a while... hope to be driving in the SCS Baltic DLC very soon. I wish everyone a very Happy Christmas and a great New Year!

Krigl

TheNuvolari

24 Dec 2018 10:38

That T680 tho :shock:

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year for you too! :D

krigl

09 Feb 2019 21:14

TheNuvolari wrote:
24 Dec 2018 10:38
That T680 tho :shock:

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year for you too! :D
Thanks!! Hope it was and is a good one!

krigl

09 Feb 2019 22:04

Hi there... back again in a shiny new year with Milan, who's off on a trip around SCS's shiny new version of the Baltic region.
I wanted to tour another ProMods region first but it's taken much longer than I expected to make PM compatible with the Baltic region.
So right now my ETS2 is PM free and there will be alternating shots from the Baltic DLC and Arizona for a while.

We kicked off at my garage in default vanilla SCS Bialystok. Going East is vanilla really, isn't it.

The usual ETS2 stuff, with a few custom buildings rustled up for the first ever ETS2 DLC.

Driving the new(-ish) Scania...with a festive paintjob. Not so festive now in February, but whatever.

I got somewhat annoyed with all the people complaining about the new Baltic DLC. Whining about how disappointed they are,
claiming to have returned it for a refund. It's no better than default, they claim. What a load of rubbish. THIS bit of N.E. Poland approaching
the Lithuanian border is default. Try comparing it to the images just below.

One last default shot... look at those ubiquitous and wierd water towers and the nasty jaggies on the pylons there. Assets probably created in 2006
when SCS were still aiming for the bargain bins in Tesco from which grannies and aunties buy games for their young relatives based on
the fact that "at least it's not violent and he once gurgled and pointed at a truck only 8 years ago" and regurgitated still in 2013 due to lack of
staff and funds. And back in 2013 I was glad to have it... but horribly outdated in comparison to what SCS have been cooking up over the last
couple of years.

The DLC starts well before the border, right here. You can see the pylons and water towers in the background, and already the higher fidelity and
quality of the new scenery is apparent.

Here it is on the map, just for interest's sake.

We're approaching the crossroads shown on the map, about to turn right, full of excitement and anticipation...

Still in Poland, already appreciating the new scenery.

Crossing the border.

"Subtle beauty" sums it up about right, really. I like it.

Some great details here and there. Very lush and green.

Local architecture.

We've reached the delivery point in Vilnius.

Nothing that knocks you off your feet, but a lot more realistic than Going East default.

Off with my owned flatbed and a heavy cargo for a short rainy hop to Utena.

People who say their disappointed - what with? I was somewhat puzzled by the decision by SCS to build this part of the world
instead of the far more spectacular Iberian peninsula, but once the shock died away I could imagine a few reasons
why they did it and the idea grew on me - Going East will no doubt get the same treatment, they can use many
of the assets in the next DLC too, the many Russian mods should also benefit...
But yeah, the whole area is pretty flat, with lots of fields, trees, lakes and not much else. Grey post-communist buildings, fairly low rise cities.
Not much by way of amazing architecture, stunning mountains, clifftop roads. No Grand Canyon.
It is quite a boring region, really, like much of the world in fact. But SCS have modelled it very nicely, I think. Once ProMods have upgraded
it and integrated it with their existing fine work it's going to be an area I will always look forward to visiting.

Milan, over and out for today...

TheNuvolari

10 Feb 2019 08:39

Haha I love your comments! :lol: They go so well with those pictures!

krigl

10 Feb 2019 16:42

TheNuvolari wrote:
10 Feb 2019 08:39
Haha I love your comments! :lol: They go so well with those pictures!
Thanks a lot!!

Back with another set from Lithuania...

Leaving Utena at nightfall for a short trip to Kaunas in the depths of winter.

Like a Christmas tree!

The Lithuanian Transport Ministry recommends sunglasses for night-time driving.

IImage

Arriving in Kaunas.

Starting in the early morning. It was supposed to be a routine trip to Klaipeda to see how the new DLC region looks with Grimes' heavy winter mod,
as there was tons of snow outside my window at the time.

However, after stopping for the night (IRL) just past Ginkunai I got sidetracked by real world stuff and when I sat down to finish the job a couple of days ago 1.34 had
landed and the save wouldn't load with Grimes' mod active. So I did the trip again, but in normal eternal SCS summer. Both sets are
here and the route is the same, though the photos aren't, it wasn't a deliberate plan - sharing both because I find it amazing how different things look.

Kaunas is waking up. To greenish snow. Must be a mod clash or something. Where's the Cat in the Hat when you need him?

Village outside Kaunas.

Truck stop, Lithuanian style. It's not as big as a Californian truck stop. I'm so disappointed and I want my money back.

Multipurpose electricity pylons: Red Bull Air Race - ready.

Sun came out at last!!

Great building in Ginkunai!

Passing the Tractor Factory of Baltic Unity. The ill-fated moment when I went to bed instead of finishing the job.

Whoa!!! Sound of cassette rewinding. We're back in Kaunas. With the new MAN. : )

Leaving Kaunas... again. Quite a looker, this new truck, though the bottom edge of the windshield seems prone to looking jaggied on my setup.

Milan loves his bling, but wanted to show it off in plain white so the lines of the vehicle are nice and clear.

Groundhog day.

Yup.

Lovely!!

Tonight on It's the Mind......

Return to the tractor factory. No retreat, no surrender.
Got so used to the great rural environment already that the clonetastic treeline behind sticks out like a sore thumb.

Brilliant - why build a costly motorway exit and flyover to turn left when you can just have vehicles turn across the left-hand
carriageway and then exit right from there!

How treelines usually look in this part of the world - natural and varied.

Delivery point in Klaipeda.

Last look at the 6. Great detailing, love how this game is just getting better and better.

Hopefully will be posting a lot this week. Hope that's okay... next 2 sets will be from Arizona.

Cau, Milan.

krigl

11 Feb 2019 22:04

Hey there... s'me, Dan, back in ATS and working on growing my business in Arizona. After opening a garage in Phoenix I headed up to Flagstaff with my new hire to get him a Peterbilt truck.

Turned out to be quite the patriot... here's the paint scheme he chose, in glorious technicolour just outide the showroom.

Then we got us a hamburger and Pepsi and off we went. I usually accompany new boys and gals on their first job.

Destination - Phoenix, via Camp Verde, so heading south. Much greener round here.

Old and new. Prefer the yellow one myself.

Feeling peckish already, we made a beeline for the diner in Camp Verde.

Some nice rides there.

Sent the drone up to check out downtown.

And off we go again.

Back to the wide open spaces again as we approach Phoenix.

Dear SCS: if modders can make new skyboxes, why can't you? Makes such a difference!

Here we are.

Not a particularly nice picture, but that's an impressive structure.

About 2 km from our destination - Diversion!!! Luckily it just meant driving one block more.

2lazy 2park.

Here's a nicer view of the crazy interchange taken a week later. That's not us with the Pepsi there.

"Just imagine if Lord Voldemort appeared right now and made that thing supporting the donut vanish using evil magic!" "Heyyy stop that, you're freaking me out."

Youngsters engaged in casual banter at the local donut shop. It's a hot day and they're all pretending not to notice they've sunk up their ankles in the melted asphalt.

These kids are smarter - the cold radiating from the ice cream van helps them keep on top of things.
In the background, my second hire this month is sitting in his new Peterbilt, on his way to make me some cash.

20 tons of children's party hats and other assorted novelties? Why not. As is apparent, he's sporting
another default paint scheme and some kind of attempt at making the whole setup a bit more aerodynamic.

Heading east out of Phoenix. How awesome would it be to drive all the way from here to Miami?

Some spectacular scenery awaited us on the way between Phoenix and a small scenery town called Globe.

Rugged peaks all around made this a great drive. It's a silver mining area too... SCS opted to show natural beauty
rather than spectacular man-made landscape scarring...can't say I blame them.

Globe. If the scale were larger we could have fulfilled our wish to drive to Miami - there's a town of that name on
this very road not far from Globe.

Now heading in a more northerly direction to Show Low. Good effort at showing just how spectacular Arizona can be.
The graphics engine isn't quite up to the job, unfortunately, the mountains look a bit like paper cutouts, but it's a 'sim'. You have to use your imagination.

Down in the valley...

...and up the other side. Will continue the journey to Show Low and (almost to) Gallup in the next set.

Cheers!

Dan

Ranach
Donation rank:

12 Feb 2019 12:15

What weather or graphics mod do you use in ATS. This blue sky with clouds looks great.

Return to “Share the love”

• Information