Finland and Åland Islands Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Shiva

20 Dec 2018 16:23

Nissantruck, Länsisatama, there I have never been.
Well, once closeish, when I walked a bit wrong ages ago. West of Eteläsatama.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Nissantruck

20 Dec 2018 18:16

Well maybe you can go to the Länsisatama someday and those ferry ports i know really well.
I have been in those ports many times.
I usually will use the Tallink ferry from Länsisatama,when i go to Estonia with my car or the Silja Line ferry in Eteläsatama,if i go to Stockholm in Sweden.
I dont use the Viking Line ferry from Katajanokka,well i mean i do but really rarely.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

sylvantino
Donation rank:

24 Dec 2018 22:23

i am wondering if there will be Levi, Kittilä, Kiistala, Ylläs and whole north-west Finland?
kiitos / thanks

Rocket455Man

25 Dec 2018 21:53

Hi!

Could you make Kempele, Liminka, Vihanti, Ylivieska, Sievi, Kauhava, Lapua & Seinäjoki and whole roads from Oulu to Seinäjoki?

- Oulu - Liminka (road 4 / E75 / E8)

- Liminka (road 8 / E8)

- Liminka - Ylivieska (road 86)

- Ylivieska - Kauhava (road 63)

- Kauhava - Seinäjoki (road 19)

And road from Ylöjärvi to Virrat (road 65)

And road from Virrat to Lapua (road 66)

I know these are small roads but there is lots of traffic for heavy trucks on these roads IRL.
- Real Full Trailer Combination Driver -

Shiva

25 Dec 2018 22:51

Nissantruck, I think the Helsinki area is quite nicely done by SCS.
IKEA Espoo, there I sort of understand why they have done as they have.
A road north of Viipuri screams to connect it with Lappeenranta. 41K-84 / E18 interchanges.
Health says no, to visit Länsisatama.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.

Nissantruck

27 Dec 2018 17:18

Shiva.I did not know,that for health reasons you can't go to Länsisatama,but i do understand that.So i am sorry to hear about that,i hope that you are okay there anyway.
You are right,because some of the places in Helsinki i did recognize,when i did use the Baltic Dlc without Promods been activated.
Maybe Promods can do something nice to Finland someday with the Baltic Dlc and maybe even add the road from Viipuri to Lappeenranta or maybe Rusmap could do that too.I dont know,but we must wait and see what we can have in Finland for the Ets2 someday.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

Shiva

28 Dec 2018 12:50

Nissantruck. punkinpurema

Possible Lappeenranta layouts I see as maybe possible:
  1. UPM Kaukas and Pajarila industrial area. Lapvesi Industrial area might not fit?
  2. Reijola, Myllymäki and Hyrymäki Industrial areas.
  3. Nordkalk "Ihalainen Industrial area and Leiri business district.
1. has one big and a smaller industrial area + Truck stop with fuel and rest.
2. has 2 industrial areas.
3. has one big industrial area and a shopping area. And closer to the central parts of Lappeenranta.

Of these 3, I personally would prefer nr1.

Downside. Lappeenranta is really close to Vyborg. But I think it is still possible to add it.

/edit:
Hämeenlinna, it could fit back in, but as a rebuild?
I do not see any space for v10 and v3 intersection. Linnatuuli reststop I feel is better to keep.
And I do not see any space for v10 and v12 intersection either. Hauho would be destroyed if adding it?
Better to do a road between Hämeenlinna and Hauho? Alternative 1 and 2, for example.
Hämeenlinna to v2:
I have not checked how Valtatie 2 is in Baltic DLC, if there is any good space for it. But an alternative road layout could be this?

I do hope all is going well for ProMods Finland mappers. "And all the other crew too of ProMods".

juliussasar
Donation rank:

28 Dec 2018 16:06

I reckon that creating Myllymäki beats the purpose of Including Leiri, since Myllymäki already boasts a ridicuolous amount of importance in local retail. On the contrary, I think building the disas/lidl/raja-market facility besides Mustola dock would serve to represent the Russian-supported portion of the local retail industry. The area also hosts the Saimaa Canal Office, an important historical attraction.

I would also fancy seeing a Vapo peat extraction facility in Konnunsuo, but I do realize that most of peat industry is located in Pohjanmaa, and that might be a much more suitable region for any such activity on the ProMods map.

Shiva

28 Dec 2018 17:54

juliussasar, Mustola industrial area would be nice. I did not add it to the possible layouts due to the small distance between Viipuri/Vyborg and Lappeenranta.
And the reason I only list 2 interchanges, is to limit the size in west/east direction.
If bigger west/east footprint, then my suggestion would be this.

Pajarila industrial area has the Truck stop + rest area next to it as a +.
Myllymäki has a Scania Truck seller and that is a big +.

Future will tell us how and if ProMods makes Lappeenranta.

id777
Donation rank:

28 Dec 2018 18:26

Is there any dev to answer questions about Finland and Baltic Dlc merge?
id777 ;)

System: Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core [email protected] x6
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information