Hungary Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
JohnBart
Donation rank:

11 Jan 2019 19:43

Just a question, based on the map editor screenshot: is there a chance to include Ártánd or Biharkeresztes (my hometown :D) as a background scenery town at the border station? :)
Ex-ProMods tester and ex-Moderator. Translator of the official ETS2 + ATS Hungarian localizations. Ex-Community Beta tester of SCS Software. Retired Admin of RestaCar.hu. Pre-recorded DJ at ETS2 RestaCar Pirate Radio.
Drive safe and be nice! ;)

Gabriel1
Donation rank:

11 Jan 2019 19:47

With a little bit of creativity you can do it PapierSUHD, looking at the space there, it would be possible but it will mean that some roads will have to change a little bit, like make them a little shorter. However as i said, it is sad if you won't make the M35 fully drivable, i drove there when i went to Romania some time ago. It is so full there in the summer months at the border with RO, with Romanian peoplo who work outside of Romania returning or going there. With the M35 you can give people that real feeling, although making maybe a border more at Satu Mare would be better because it is a border we (my parents and me) cross each year some times, it is more calm, lesser cars. However the decision is all yours, the only thing i say is that it is possible.
Developer for Bayern 1:1

brainiac
Donation rank:

11 Jan 2019 20:49

I think maybe it is good idea temporarily, but after rebuilding border area M35 will be most likely much longer, so in that point it should be also extended in game.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

JohnBart
Donation rank:

11 Jan 2019 21:21

Gabriel1 wrote:
11 Jan 2019 19:47
With a little bit of creativity you can do it PapierSUHD, looking at the space there, it would be possible but it will mean that some roads will have to change a little bit, like make them a little shorter. However as i said, it is sad if you won't make the M35 fully drivable, i drove there when i went to Romania some time ago. It is so full there in the summer months at the border with RO, with Romanian peoplo who work outside of Romania returning or going there. With the M35 you can give people that real feeling, although making maybe a border more at Satu Mare would be better because it is a border we (my parents and me) cross each year some times, it is more calm, lesser cars. However the decision is all yours, the only thing i say is that it is possible.
Nothing is stopping you to do your own ProMods addon for this area then (similarly to Paris Rebuild or ScandinaviaMod, for example), once PapierSUHD's update is released. :)
I think the reason why he's not building the road toward Satu Mare is that the city, and thus the roads leading there don't exist in ProMods Romania (and Baia Mare is way too far from it east to warrant a connection on the Hungarian side). Apart from the space issues in the Nyíregyháza area of course, as he mentioned earlier.
brainiac wrote:
11 Jan 2019 20:49
I think maybe it is good idea temporarily, but after rebuilding border area M35 will be most likely much longer, so in that point it should be also extended in game.
I think you mix up M35 with M4 here. M35 is now considered complete in real-life, now that its last stretch between Debrecen and Berettyóújfalu has been built. It's planned to be connected to M4 (that will lead from Budapest to the Romanian border) some time in 2020 at its Berettyóújfalu junction.
I agree with you that once this happens real-life, ProMods Hungary will need a revision to include M4, but until that, PapierSUHD's current approach properly reflects transit traffic in the Debrecen region. But just my two cents.
Ex-ProMods tester and ex-Moderator. Translator of the official ETS2 + ATS Hungarian localizations. Ex-Community Beta tester of SCS Software. Retired Admin of RestaCar.hu. Pre-recorded DJ at ETS2 RestaCar Pirate Radio.

Gabriel1
Donation rank:

11 Jan 2019 21:23

I won't make an addon because i am working for Tregion Germany, i do other things. I work in Germany in a 1:2 scale, although i won't but not making it is sad. Romania will eventually also make the highway on their part, the contract has been signed already, and work will start soon. Sad that ProMods won't do it. Sad...
Developer for Bayern 1:1

id777
Donation rank:

12 Jan 2019 03:46

I want to support you, PapierSUHD! You made great plan!
id777 ;)

System: Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core [email protected] x6
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

PapierSUHD
Developer

12 Jan 2019 14:13

is there a chance to include Ártánd or Biharkeresztes (my hometown :D) as a background scenery town at the border station?
I reckon that Biharkeresztes could work as a scenery town (because it's very close to Route 42). Ártánd is a bit too small, I would say.
I want to support you, PapierSUHD! You made great plan!
Thanks!
Developer for Eastern Europe

Current work:
Ukraine

JohnBart
Donation rank:

12 Jan 2019 16:49

PapierSUHD wrote:
12 Jan 2019 14:13
I reckon that Biharkeresztes could work as a scenery town (because it's very close to Route 42). Ártánd is a bit too small, I would say.
Yes, yes, yes! The two towns are technically merged now in real-life, so including one scenery town would be more than enough. :3

Also, just one more note: I noticed that MIRFI used Hungarian MÁV trains and carriages as scenery traffic between București and Constanța in ProMods Romania.

I really recommend using the same MÁV passenger train mover (or AI now?) in Hungary as well, as they would perfectly fit there.

mgsakatataee
Donation rank:

12 Jan 2019 21:37

I haven't seen this detail until now. I bet MIRFI used the MÁV train because of the trailers' similarity to the Romanian ones such as https://mediastiriv1.freenode.ro/image/ ... R-tren.jpg.
PapierSUHD, can you place a hotel in Győr, because there's no other resting place beside the garage and I encountered driver's fatigue right in the city at unloading the trailer. I had to buy the garage in order to rest and (good Lord!) I had the money for it.
Also if you work on Eastern Hungary, can you connect Debrecen or Oradea with M5 or Budapest?
Playing PM since 2015. Why? Because I like this mod. A bit laggy, but very well made.
Favorite truck brand: DAF.

PapierSUHD
Developer

13 Jan 2019 17:44

I really recommend using the same MÁV passenger train mover in Hungary as well, as they would perfectly fit there.
Interesting! I've never noticed that we have trains with this look.
can you place a hotel in Győr, because there's no other resting place beside the garage
Eryman will look for an option later
can you connect Debrecen or Oradea with M5 or Budapest?
Most likely this will happen sooner or later via Route 4
Developer for Eastern Europe

Current work:
Ukraine

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information