[WIP] Middle-East add-on

You can share and discuss other ETS2 map mods here
YNM

27 Jan 2019 16:47

Woah, this sounds cool... (more like... searing hot, amirite ? XD)

To the best of my knowledge, until not too long ago it was possible to drive through the whole region. It did require some administrative juggling, as well as going through the right neighbors, but it's possible - famously Top Gear went through the whole thing. The area has a considerable network of dual carriageways as they're highly dependent on land transport, yet had so few railways (even worse today as many are abandoned).

I've been on the road in Arabian Peninsula, it's amazing - really long 6-lane highway, endless desert & rock landscape, sand like you couldn't imagine... a bit hot & dry though when you come from the tropics :D
Last edited by YNM on 27 Jan 2019 17:58, edited 1 time in total.

ZeBigLOL

27 Jan 2019 17:22

You are right, it is possible.
You need to go through Jordan to Syria, and from there to Lebanon (I think it used to be like that before the Syrian civil war, not sure about today).
Might be an interesting map/mission of delivering humanitarian cargo inside a warzone and seeing tracers and everything especially at night, but I think that's a bit offtopic

brainiac
Donation rank:

27 Jan 2019 22:49

Thank you for frequency notifications and, of course, for great work!
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

FloridianRepublic
Donation rank:

30 Jan 2019 04:11

I know that expanding to Syria is a bit controversial, and you don't want to be controversial, but if you want to avoid warzones, Damascus, Latakia, and Tartus have no current conflict and are under full government control. Expanding to Latakia and Tartus on the coast also allows you to connect at Hatay with the 1:19 scale Turkey map. Just a thought, because it would be nice to see Syria in this expansion.

brainiac
Donation rank:

30 Jan 2019 08:29

Syria isn't controversial. There was a rebellion against the government but no one recognized rebels as official. Fortunately, the government won the war and, in the context of the game, the situation is clear.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

gmtavares

30 Jan 2019 09:01

FloridianRepublic wrote:
connect at Hatay with the 1:19 scale Turkey map.
That is something that will never be done by anyone in ProMods for sure.
The reason being that YKS is a map that, while interesting in concept - Turkey is a beautiful country - is very poor in the execution.
Plus, YKS itself is in a wrong scale.
It's a 3rd party adaptation that lets you play this in an *almost* 1:19 scale - you can still see it's slightly off in a lot of places.

But we should perhaps stop having this discussion about YKS in this topic every other post...
ProMods isn't a mod, it's a game.

Project Japan Admin
Mediterranean Map Admin
Lviv Oblast Expansion Developer
Carpathian ProMods Add-On Developer

ProMods junior beta tester from 2.17 to 2.43 :D
🇵🇹 living in 🇪🇪

PerrydPelle

30 Jan 2019 14:05

You do know that some places in ProMods are also in the wrong scale like Spain, especially Barcelona.
Last edited by bmwGTR on 30 Jan 2019 14:29, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote - please do not quote posts direct above yours
Developer of uh...

PerrydPelle

30 Jan 2019 14:16

FloridianRepublic wrote:
I know that expanding to Syria is a bit controversial, and you don't want to be controversial, but if you want to avoid warzones, Damascus, Latakia, and Tartus have no current conflict and are under full government control. Expanding to Latakia and Tartus on the coast also allows you to connect at Hatay with the 1:19 scale Turkey map. Just a thought, because it would be nice to see Syria in this expansion.
indeed, ProMods or Platypus will not make a road connection but Arayas arthur of ROEX and YKSRSK will maybe make a road connection
Developer of uh...

EdgeGladiator

30 Jan 2019 14:54

wrong scale in Spain wtf ? A big city just takes up space.
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

Platypus
Developer

30 Jan 2019 15:34

Hello,

Well, as seen the last comments, I would like to give some precisions about possible future developments of Middle-East :

- Currently, the first pack is now in test phase and should be released shortly after Promods 2.35. It will contain parts of Israel, Westbank, Lebanon, Egypt and city of Aqaba in Jordan.

- Future extensions could be :
* Egypt (Alexandria, Cairo, the Nile delta and then the northern coast road in direction of the Lybian border). Sharm El Sheik or the Nile valley south of Cairo are not planned, sorry.
* Jordan (Amman and the road to Aqaba)
* Syria : let see how the thinks will evoluate in the future. The coastal road (Tartous, Latakia) could be an option. However it will not be done to link to other maps.
Sorry also for this, but I intend only to continue with Promods (and maps with which Promods maintain some compatibility, like Rusmap).
So, the goal could be at LONG term to cross a part of Turkey and join Istanbul. I have not yet a clear idea of this.
* Maybe some other surprises I will, of course, not say here ;-)

Regards,
Platypus

Return to “ETS2 Map mods”

• Information