Moldova Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
id777
Donation rank:

04 Feb 2019 14:48

it's quite realistic
id777 ;)

System: Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core [email protected] x6
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

dennis_2310

07 Feb 2019 18:18

Adarskalen wrote:
03 Feb 2019 13:39
Your work is awesome! But I have a suggestion: the text on the road signs in Moldova is not written with SNV typeface (I saw you used SNV), but with a modified version of the Russian typeface(GOST R 52290–2004) and Arial Bold(sometimes) or Arial Narrow Bold(also, sometimes). So, it would be more realistic to use these typefaces if it is possible, or even use the Russian road signs provided in the Beyond the Baltic Sea DLC. (I know I already wrote this suggestion some time ago, but I do not know if you saw it; this time I will attach some photos of Moldovan road signs, so you can see exactly the typeface). Best regards!

And this is the only sign I saw in Moldova written with something else than the Russian typeface (I would say it is Arial):https://imgur.com/jFvqJPK
No, it isn't Arial. Thats an own font for Russian road signs. I have the font installed, which also includes the cyrillic alphabet (https://www.dropbox.com/s/zt1ag8eddgoev ... m.otf?dl=0), but I do not know if the license allows to use it in projects like ProMods!

DH-Trans Luxembourg s.à.r.l - delievering goods everywhere in Europe
Headquarters: Luxembourg (L), Kaliningrad (RUS)

I speak: 🇩🇪 🇱🇺 🇬🇧 🇫🇷 🇷🇺

Adarskalen

07 Feb 2019 18:36

Yes, I know there is a specifically Russian signs font used in almost all the ex-soviet countries, which is used on the signs in first 4 photos I linked. But in the last photo I linked I said that it seems to be another font (like Arial, which I know it's used sometimes in Moldova). Or maybe I could be wrong and it could be the same Russian font but bold.

Here, I made a remake of the sign using both Arial Bold and Russian sign font:

And it is clearly not the Russian font. But about Arial... I don't know... It looks, I would say, almost like the real sign...
So I don't know if it's really Arial.

And another thing: even if Promods could use the Russian font given by you, for Moldova it is almost useless because it doesn't have the special characters of Romanian/Moldovan language (Ă, Î, Â, Ș, Ț).
Developer of ROMANIA REWORKED MOD

Languages: Image, Image, and some Image

SturmZebra
Donation rank:

07 Feb 2019 21:20

Lol, seems so cheap if they would just use Arial Bold :D
Favourite games: Rainbow Six: Siege, ETS2, Terraria

ScuL
Founder

08 Feb 2019 11:40

I believe Estonia also uses Arial
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Adarskalen

08 Feb 2019 13:04

Yes, that's right, Estonia uses Arial, too, in combination with Helvetica. And Wikipedia says that in Moldova (besides the Russian signs font) is the same situation: Arial+ Helvetica.

I've added to my remake of that Moldovan sign the Helvetica Bold font, too. But I still think it is Arial Bold or something else.

dennis_2310

09 Feb 2019 18:54

Adarskalen wrote:
And another thing: even if Promods could use the Russian font given by you, for Moldova it is almost useless because it doesn't have the special characters of Romanian/Moldovan language (Ă, Î, Â, Ș, Ț).
I copied the lettres in Word and used the Russian Road Sign Font and it works fine. So maybe it is not this useless how you thought? :?

Adarskalen

09 Feb 2019 19:52

Oh, my mistake then. I said that this font is almost useless for Moldova because when I made those remakes of the sign (in MS Paint) I tried to write the Ă, Î, Â, Ș, Ț characters with this font using Romanian keyboard layout, and it did not work, they were not recognized by the font.
But now I looked on the Character map and, yes, you are right, the font has them.
However, I don't know why the font does not recognize them when written with Romanian layout...

dennis_2310

10 Feb 2019 20:22

well, I don't know...but now let's go back to the topic! ;)
You are right, when you said that the font on the sign is something like Helvetica bold. And I would agree with that, but I saw, that the font on the sign had an other "R" lettre than the actual Helvetica font. Maybe someone could change these nice little font-differneces?

G3orge

23 Feb 2019 13:51

Adarskalen wrote:
Actually it does have it. But it only works if you choose the legacy romanian language keyboard on your pc, from the control panel. The legacy, not the current one!

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information