When is the next update due?

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
spikeyuk
Donation rank:

12 Feb 2019 23:58

Hello, hope I am not bothering anyone with this question. I have looked all over and cannot find an answer.

When do we expect the next update to role out?

SCS just updated the game and it has now broken the mod and made it incompatible.
I wish I could role the game back, but I use the HTC Vive for this game and I cannot use any other version of the game to play except the one for Oculus/Vive.
Neither can I play the game until a new version of the mod is released to counter the update.

So just a little insight as to when a new update is going to become available so I can get playing again? :lol:
Attachments
ETS2Oculusvive.jpg
ETS2Oculusvive.jpg (27.62 KiB) Viewed 2946 times

JohnBart
Donation rank:

13 Feb 2019 00:49

The ProMods folks never give any release estimations, as even they themselves cannot tell how much time it takes to get new content done and tested, or how much effort it requires to prepare and test compatibility updates. According to the latest blog post, they started the first internal testing rounds now for version 2.40. Frankly, it can take as much as a couple of weeks to several months from here.

The download server usage should be a good hint. If there is a high download traffic on the free download servers, that's a good bet they pushed out the new version. ;)
Ex-ProMods tester and ex-Moderator. Translator of the official ETS2 + ATS Hungarian localizations. Ex-Community Beta tester of SCS Software. Retired Admin of RestaCar.hu. Pre-recorded DJ at ETS2 RestaCar Pirate Radio.
Drive safe and be nice! ;)

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

13 Feb 2019 09:33

The only ETA we can give is: It's ready when it's ready.

And telling us you 'can't play the game' when we haven't got and update out yet is non-sense. You can play the game on a vanilla profile just fine.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

samuray
Donation rank:

13 Feb 2019 09:57

Probably this year already!

Nissantruck

13 Feb 2019 11:56

I also think,that it will be ready this year or when it is ready. ;)
Patience is a virtue,even i need it when i am testing the next update which i can't tell anything more. :mrgreen:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

JohnBart
Donation rank:

13 Feb 2019 12:53

^Good luck with the testing, and thanks for all the effort in making the next version as bug-free as possible. :)
Ex-ProMods tester and ex-Moderator. Translator of the official ETS2 + ATS Hungarian localizations. Ex-Community Beta tester of SCS Software. Retired Admin of RestaCar.hu. Pre-recorded DJ at ETS2 RestaCar Pirate Radio.
Drive safe and be nice! ;)

Nissantruck

13 Feb 2019 16:46

In behalf of the other beta test persons and developers i say,thank you so much and i also say,that we do the best that we can in order to give you and everybody else a map mod,that has less bugs as possible.
After all we are all human. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

spikeyuk
Donation rank:

13 Feb 2019 23:34

Volleybal4life wrote:
13 Feb 2019 09:33
The only ETA we can give is: It's ready when it's ready.

And telling us you 'can't play the game' when we haven't got and update out yet is non-sense. You can play the game on a vanilla profile just fine.
I am well aware that I can play the game on a vanilla profile. However, I prefer my experience with the game in VR instead of using a monitor. Since I have the whole setup of a steering wheel, foot pedals and gear shifter, I do not wish to play the game any other way. Yes I can play the vanilla version of the game, but this mod is one of the best things ive seen for this game, and playing the game in Vanilla is just not quite the same anymore. Its dull with its bad road layouts that SCS did not really consider. You guys tho, have done an amazing job and I prefer the promods over the vanilla any day. Espically when you have extended the road map futher than SCS has. On another note, my last saved position was in one of the area's that does not exist in Vanilla, so I do not wish to give up that place just to play the game.

I will have patience and wait :D

De_Ruyter

15 Feb 2019 12:22

Think we all would love to see ProMods updated to 1.34, but let's be fair to the ProMods team.
The mod is huge, aside from making it work with 1.34 there is testing needed to make sure they didn't overlook something.
I mean, we don't want a buggy mess to be released. It wouldn't do anyone good.

Let's all cheer on the ProMods team, they did a amazing job so far and I'm sure they won't fail us now.
It will be ready when it is ready, let's not think this team is payed for their work or we are so entitled to something.
We should be happy they are even doing this, let's not forget about that.
Just a trucker here, nothing to be seen. Please more along!

Cipus
Donation rank:

15 Feb 2019 13:57

Usually I update my game after ProMods releases their update, no exception this time :) in fact I am revising all Ai sounds and I did not play for a week and this will take maybe 2 more weeks from now... no problem for me to wait even longer than that ;)
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density for ETS2 / ATS and Real Ai traffic engine sounds ETS2 / ATS

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information