Asset Credit and Copyright Manners

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
USSR

25 Feb 2019 19:38

Hello all Promods members! Lets say I'm developing a new map mod and I want to use the colored crane variants made by the Promods team,
1. Do I have just to give them credit?
2. Do I have to ask the founders of promods?
3. cant do any of the 2 other options?
Best Regards, not USSR. :lol:

ScuL
Founder

26 Feb 2019 03:43

You won't be able to copy the models just like that.
If your mod becomes dependent on ProMods then that will be fine.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

USSR

26 Feb 2019 06:19

That's what I thought. I'm making a mod modifing France which won't be compatible to Promods so I just wanted to make sure if I can use an asset or 2 with your permission but I guess that I will try to do so myself in some complicated way. :lol:

ScuL
Founder

26 Feb 2019 08:10

In that case I have to repeat myself, you do not have permission to extract models from our mod.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

EdgeGladiator

26 Feb 2019 10:05

USSR wrote:
26 Feb 2019 06:19
That's what I thought. I'm making a mod modifing France which won't be compatible to Promods so I just wanted to make sure if I can use an asset or 2 with your permission but I guess that I will try to do so myself in some complicated way. :lol:
What part of France? :D And the best way for this is to made a ProMods addon. You can have all the prefabs and models from ProMods + If your map is good, it can probably be integrated into the ProMods map. And there are many free area in France where you can work.
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

USSR

26 Feb 2019 13:48

Well that sounds lovely, but I'm working on improving Paris and finishing the area of Orlèans that SCS left unfinished, I plan to make some intersections more accurate, that is what I plan for version 0.1.
And ScuL yeah, that's what I said, sorta.

Altough that its a nice idea, making a mod that does what Promods didn't with the option to merge it to Promods in the future, but time will tell.

But thanks!
Last edited by Trucker2223 on 26 Feb 2019 17:01, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged double post, please use Edit button instead of double posting

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information