Iberian Peninsula Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Jo??oRan??oso

02 Mar 2019 16:16

i agree with you in the fact that portugal is very far from b-game, but if you said you were in the border some months ago it does not make sense not having anything in Portugal yet. and how can your mod be better than the other ones if you havent posted any screens? does not make sense

poludei
Donation rank:

02 Mar 2019 16:21

Haha sorry my bad, what I was thinking is that Ukraine is the biggest European country located entirely in Europe not EU country lol. And in that case France & Spain are the two biggest countries in the EU. Got things bit mixed up :lol:
ETS2 User since: 2015
Speaking: ImageImageImage

fisherjb
Developer

02 Mar 2019 16:24

gmtavares wrote:
02 Mar 2019 12:00
It isn't hard to believe... At the time this project was begun, PM had to map most of France (the biggest EU country) as the DLC had not been even started to be developed, to get to Spain (the 5th biggest EU country).

It's only natural that mapping with a lot of quality takes time...

Rest assured that when it comes out, it will be the best version of Portugal. ;)
What a nonesense, please :lol: . How can you claim that this will be the best portugal map without any development at all? It's not that promods devs are gods or anything. You don't know how pm portugal will compare to SCS his version or the 1:8 portugal map, first wait and see. At this moment there is only one portugal map in development and two are in pre production😌
Promods developer of:

- Elbasan :flag_al:
- E-871 :flag_bg: :flag_mk:
- Abbotsford :flag_ca:
- A10 :flag_at:

Qixiwi
Developer
Donation rank:

02 Mar 2019 16:39

Jo??oRan??oso wrote:
02 Mar 2019 16:16
i agree with you in the fact that portugal is very far from b-game, but if you said you were in the border some months ago it does not make sense not having anything in Portugal yet.
At least for me it makes sense. If ProMods developers reached portuguese border that doesn't automatically mean that will continue by developing Portugal.
I like trucking, I like Europe, so that's why I love ProMods!

Vøytek
Developer

02 Mar 2019 16:50

Even if we reached the border a long time ago, it doesn't automatically mean there's any development in Portugal going on - look what cities we have in Spain. Bilbao, Soria, Teruel, Valencia - these 4 are the closest to Portugal. And look how far away they still are.
We're not even halfway through Spain yet, so it's logical we have to finish Spain first before starting anything in Portugal, right? Unless you want to drive on an empty, straight road without any scenery from Valencia or Bilbao up to Portugal.
If we had a developer for Portugal, who would build it and then start a connection from Portugal to our current work in Spain... But we don't have one.

Also, if one of us built Lisbon right now, only to please you with "Look, Portugal is in development!", it would still have to wait years for a road from Spain - which means it would be outdated when it's finally released after few years. You would be hyped and even less patient, not realizing you still have to wait few years for it. Do you really want it? We're thinking realistically. Portugal in ProMods just won't happen anytime soon and we're not doing it on purpose or whatever you might think. The longer you wait, the better it'll be, because we'll have new assets, more experience, maybe new technologies from SCS - which means we can make Portugal much more realistic ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Jo??oRan??oso

02 Mar 2019 17:03

agreed. there’s just no need to bash the other map makers, and with that im talking bout @gmtavares. Im looking forward to see 3 types of portugal in the future ;), and with the best quality possible, ofc

Plum™
Developer

02 Mar 2019 17:06

I agree all 3 with ‘equal’ quality

EdgeGladiator

02 Mar 2019 17:13

Jo??oRan??oso wrote:
02 Mar 2019 17:03
agreed. there’s just no need to bash the other map makers, and with that im talking bout @gmtavares. Im looking forward to see 3 types of portugal in the future ;), and with the best quality possible, ofc
You bash ProMods developers, and you say that ? what a nonsense
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

Jo??oRan??oso

02 Mar 2019 17:17

Saying ProMods isnt better than the other mods is bashing? Well, at least it looks like so for you @EdgeGladiator . ProMods isn’t superior compared to other mods because its just promods. What I said is that quality isn’t comparable if there’s nothing to look at.

EdgeGladiator

02 Mar 2019 17:19

I never say that. Promod is not just Portugal or even just Portugal, so you can not compare with other mods, that all.

"nothing to look" Islande, Croatia, Serbia, Norway, Russia, Ireland etc

And stop all people crying here because there is no Portugal. I do not want to be mean but it really starts to piss me off. It's amazing!

You can all start to map instead of crying here.

Watching Portugal 1.8, it's a very good project.

To speak is easy, but to map is another thing.

So I do not want to be trash but you start to really really annoy me.
Last edited by EdgeGladiator on 02 Mar 2019 17:33, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information