Baltic States Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
scan720
Developer
Donation rank:

06 Mar 2019 13:59

Hi,

This might be your answer:
Vladzz-G wrote:
25 Dec 2018 15:12
As DLC Baltic has released, we have started to relook our old areas. Of course, some parts will not returns back, some parts will saved, and some our parts will completelly reconstructed from scratch, but it is the question of time. SCS did great job on Baltic states, so our Baltics will replaced with SCS' Baltics.
Best regards,
scan720
Developer since July 2020
Working in Poland

Shiva

06 Mar 2019 14:06

Yes. They are merging, sorren.mills
And Yes, current version runs over Baltic DLC, so it is not shown.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

sorren.mills
Donation rank:

06 Mar 2019 14:08

scan720 wrote:
06 Mar 2019 13:59
Hi,

This might be your answer:
Vladzz-G wrote:
25 Dec 2018 15:12
As DLC Baltic has released, we have started to relook our old areas. Of course, some parts will not returns back, some parts will saved, and some our parts will completelly reconstructed from scratch, but it is the question of time. SCS did great job on Baltic states, so our Baltics will replaced with SCS' Baltics.
Best regards,
scan720

Sort of - I understand the process, that the dev team are looking to fold both thier work and the SCS work together; I get that. I am just enquiring about the roadmap, as it were. If I were to load up ETS2 and ProMods right now and drive to a Baltic city, that is an 'old' ProMods one, correct? Not a new one created by SCS in the DLC (even if I have the DLC applied) and not any of the new stuff that ProMods are developing (as that wasn't in the latest ProMods release) - basically, if I want to play the new DLC areas along with the rest of the expanded ProMods map, I need to wait for ProMods version 2.40 or beyond?

I don't want to sound pedantic but the last thing I want to do is sink a load of time into buying garages etc, for example, in Baltic cities right now only to find they disappear or vanish when a later update removes all those cities or replaces them with DLC ones. Or am I being over-sensitive and the merger will have no effect on owned garages?

Edit: Just seen subsequent post, I think that answers it, thanks!

Claus62

06 Mar 2019 18:55

About the garages: they can be sold as soon as you have transferred your drivers and truck to other cities with no loss, i.e. for 180.000 / 280.000 € so you could always play it safe and do that before loading PM 2.4 However if you load a new map onto your profile it should behave in either of three ways (that was my experience with the Italy DLC at least)
a) there is a garage in both cities - you keep your garage even if it is in a different place
b) the city exists but doesn't have a garage (that happened with Parma for instance) - your drivers will happily carry on, no need to change anything; but upgrading would probably be a bad idea
c) the city itself is gone - your drivers will finish their jobs and return to base (and logically start complaining about not getting any new loads). As soon as that happens - transfer drivers and trucks and sell garage - that still functions.
The only thing that would probably crash the game: if you're based in a garage that isn't there anymore or tried to upgrade one - as the map editor wants to place the bigger garage onto the terrain.

EdgeGladiator

06 Mar 2019 19:36

I mean, ProMods Baltics is already very good, why wait ? :)
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

scan720
Developer
Donation rank:

06 Mar 2019 20:30

Hi,

same opinion as @EdgeGladiator . Why are you waiting? Of course the DLC looks at some places better, but in realism is Promods better.

Best regards,
scan720
Working in Poland

poludei
Donation rank:

06 Mar 2019 20:40

My question for the promods devs is that, now when Saint Petersburg is more or less a part of the promods map as it is a part of the Baltic DLC, are you going to make future changes (the black signs etc..) in the city or do you leave it up to the Rusmap developer? I personally think it is very nicely done tho :)
ETS2 User since: 2015
Speaking: ImageImageImage

scan720
Developer
Donation rank:

06 Mar 2019 20:42

Hi,

theres already a mod which deletes those black foils:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =real+sign

Best regards,
scan720
Working in Poland

poludei
Donation rank:

06 Mar 2019 20:55

Oh, thanks a lot scan720 :)
ETS2 User since: 2015
Speaking: ImageImageImage

Shiva

21 Mar 2019 03:13

Vladzz-G wrote:
10 Feb 2019 18:56
Hi folks,

Another throw-back post! :P
I have revisited Rēzekne. First of all, Rēzekne will get combined streets structure of SCS + ProMods. From ProMods' Rēzekne only DEPO area and connecting road P54 has salvaged, as this area is easy combineable and connectable without damaging SCS' work. Our ProMods' Rēzekne from 2016 has very outdated, so I have upgraded it with newest assets. Below "before-after" screenies. Enjoy!

"Images removed"

KR,
Vladzz-G
Rēzekne is quite nicely done by SCS and your update looks very nice too!
Question about road layout:
Option 1: A12/E22-P54-DEPO
Option 2: A12/E22-P54-DEPO-P55-Sacred Heart Cathedral
For me, it looks as if it is the Option 1, that is made. Due to that the Option 2 might need more space than there is?
Or... is it?
I'll be happy to drive either version :)
I can wait to the released version, to see what was done.

Maybe way too early to ask, but might Jēkabpils someday make a comeback in new format?
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information