[Central] Free download questions

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Patrosi73

09 Mar 2019 11:42

So, I was casually downloading my first file, but then, when I tried to download the second one...
This popped up.

Here is some proof that i'm downloading one file:

Yes, I did download the def file like a month ago, so there shoudn't be a limit on this one. :?

That is confusing, please help.

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

09 Mar 2019 11:44

read the TL;DR Part here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26256
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

jacek4

09 Mar 2019 12:23

I also have the same problem as Patrosi73. I can not download the first part, although I do not download anything.
Time to move on the road - Pora ruszyć w trasę - Zeit auf der Straße zu bewegen - På tide å flytte på veien - Время, чтобы двигаться по дороге - Час, щоб рухатися по дорозі

CptCaribbean

10 Mar 2019 11:22

@jacek4 Did you read the post above yours?
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

Its_the_bishop
Donation rank:

12 Mar 2019 23:41

im really having trouble installing this mod, it just wont load

bmwGTR

13 Mar 2019 08:13

Hi,

did you follow our tutorial?
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3852

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

Shadowrend

17 Mar 2019 14:41

I have to download only one at a time since it shows me the limit.html page (where it tells me I've exceeded my limit of two concurrent downloads, even tho I am only downloading one) when I try to download two at a time. Disabled ad-block and all extensions/plugins, yet I still get the same message. Using latest Firefox. Just great.

Seriously, just put a torrent link for all the parts, and you won't have to pay for the servers or worry about security. P2P is literaly free bandwidth. Or have both, it's your choice.

People who want to donate, will still donate, regardless of it being available free. They aren't donating to get the download, they're donating to show support to the developement of the project. Just think of how many open source or fan projects are funded this way.
People who would donate, even more then 1$ it takes for the fast download, but get problems like this which are further emphasized by the 300kb/s download speed limit (in 2019), but prefer to try the product before giving any money, are turned away by imposements and issues like these, and nobody gains from a situation like this.
People who CAN'T donate, for any reason, won't ever donate, and even imposing ridiculous limits to the speed and downloads won't make them pay.

I really love the stuff you guys are doing, and great job, but its issues like this that really turn people away and slow down the community and project growth.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

17 Mar 2019 16:39

Please read this is explains a lot, and also why we don't support/use torrents: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26256
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

ScuL
Founder

18 Mar 2019 10:54

Shadowrend wrote:
17 Mar 2019 14:41
I really love the stuff you guys are doing, and great job, but its issues like this that really turn people away and slow down the community and project growth.
Thanks for your feedback but the systems as they are currently in place are fulfilling their duties very well and 99% of people are very pleased with them.

If the download limits at only 1 connection there has to be something on your system which is opening multiple threads.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Ricky038

23 Mar 2019 10:12

When I download the file and try to open it, it says it's corrupt. I've been trying to upgrade for like 2 days now, even wrote an email and no one seems to give a damn.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information