Screenshots by De Ruyter

Post your own screenshots & videos of our mods here
De_Ruyter

14 Mar 2019 13:41

I ended up restarting my ProMods driver as well, so all previous vehicles are no longer there.
I did this to make sure I had a load order that was both good as loading faster, it started to get rather slow with a 10 minute load time.
Also I found a few new mods to be added to the load list, here is one of the mods showing a 4 trailer road train!

Scania S - Simon Loos Road Train

Cargo: Ice Cream (36,474 kg)
Too: Lile, France

Time to hit the road, departure from Zwolle!

Arrival in Lile, France! This combination is so far pretty easy to drive around with, I however do need to change the truck itself to have a extra axle.
It tends to slow down up hill rather quickly, so need to find a solution for that.

Conclusion of this test (4 trailer road train and above):
  • Yes, you can drive with it on the roads provided by the vanilla game as well as ProMods
  • Yes, it drives pretty easy, as long as you take wide turns and watch your mirrors
  • You will have issues with loading, unloading, player garages and likely any other cramped space that wasn't made to handle these beasts
  • The AI is stupid, just like real drivers they seem to be oblivious to long vehicles and not smart enough to give you time or space to go around a corner or pull in/out from any location
  • Trailer limit seems to be 4, however this based up on getting it out of your garage. Any company based lot is better off with the doubles at best
  • Trucks seem to have an issue with going up hill loosing speed way to fast. I tested it with a 100hp engine and a gearbox mod and even that went down in speed rather quickly
  • Teleporting to one of your garages (Large garages only!) may proof difficult as it will turn out to be a complete mess. The game tries to park you in front of the garage door which leaves little space for your trailer. Even detaching your trailer in this case doesn't solve the problem. It will still end up on top of your truck, you can just drive into your garage but from there it's rather difficult to attach your trailer and get off your property. Even if you manage to re-attach it, you still have the ProMods junk on your property to deal with (barrels and pallets just in front of your fuel pump). It will proof difficult to get past that one if you even have the patience to do it at all. Can't really blame SCS or ProMods of course, the vanilla game doesn't have road trains other then the doubles and HTC's
  • Loading your trailers takes the same amount of time, but as a twist your truck faces the loading dock instead. Meaning you won't face the normal way which makes it harder to get out of there
  • Only companies that can handle this 4 trailer road train are the big company lots that will not force you to go around the building or trough narrow passages, you need a lot of space to maneuver
So will it be worth it? Well, as long as there is no real space for you to properly get on or off company lots or even your own garage lot, I would have to say no. There are currently too many factors that will cause problems. As I said above already, it isn't SCS or ProMods that is to blame, there are simply no trailers in the vanilla game or it's DLC's that include more then 2 trailers. Even the barrels and pallets laying about, yes annoying and I rather see them being placed somewhere else that isn't right in the path. But even if that is done it still wouldn't make other locations a viable location to visit.

Next test will be for a 3 trailer variant, I'll be posting it in a separate post of course.
Just a trucker here, nothing to be seen. Please more along!

De_Ruyter

14 Mar 2019 15:12

Scania S730 - Simon Loos Road Train (3 trailers)

Cargo: Cheese (41,982 kg)
Too: Arnhem, Netherlands

I changed the trailer from 4 trailers to 3 trailers, use again and teleported back to Zwolle which is the main garage for this driver.
Surprisingly this works a lot better then the 4 trailer variant!

Attached the trailer AFTER changing the truck itself a bit. I changed the chassis to the '6x4 long', the lights on the hop of the cabin have been changed and the bull bar is now chromed. The rims are also now different and in chrome, thought it would look more interesting this way. I did look for a different engine and gearbox, but what would the point of a test be if you change too much? Can always change more from this point!

Just after loading, make sure you have the space to turn your rig around as it still faces the wall.

After unloading my cargo I found this problem again. It seems anything bigger then a regular double or HTC isn't really possible for locations like this. Even with all the space that it offers.
It's advised to detach your trailer and teleport to the nearest garage you own. If you didn't buy the garage yet, leave your trailer behind and go buy it if you have the money for it. It seems to show no problems with a large garage and teleporting there.

Conclusion of this test (3 trailer variant only):
  • Clearly the trailers are not too long for the garage default spot once you teleported back in
  • You don't have to make a huge turn to get out of the parked position as shown in the photo's. Just turn your steering wheel fully to the left and it should be no problem!
  • The old truck with 2 axles had issues with jerking movement, the change to the 6x4 long chassis did work perfectly to fix this issue. The truck seems to be a lot more responsive as well which is a added bonus
  • After loading the cargo, still facing the wrong way (facing the building). You still need space to back up and try to make a wide turn to get out of this situation
  • Going up hill still shows lack of power with a 1.000hp block, however it doesn't have any jerking movements and just crawls up pretty decently. Just don't stop your truck or you will have a hard time getting it moving again. Specially because it tends to make a wheelie with both front wheels to some degree making it even harder on you
Will it be worth to use the 3 trailer variant? Well it sure is a lot better then 4 or more trailers driving around in Europe. You will encounter a lot less issues then with 4 or more trailers, yet still there are enough problems with 3 trailers. It's something you will have to figure out whether that is acceptable or not. For people who like to play really close to reality it may be a deal breaker I guess.

Could we bother the ProMods team regarding some of the issues? Well, to be fair the team is doing a amazing job already and I wouldn't like to ask for changes to improve for just the road trains. I know it can be difficult to patch in the needed changes to make it possible for a 3 trailer road train to have no issues, even if things change you will always have people asking for more so they can use 4 or more trailer road trains. It wouldn't be fair to the team and a huge problem to get that working. Scaling of the map is too small for that which makes it already rather difficult aside of other issues. So, I just say use it as is. If you really must have more then 2 trailers then use the 3 trailer option which may proof to be your best chance.

Rudi Raser
In Memoriam
Donation rank:

14 Mar 2019 22:21

just as a reminder, Zwolle is in Europe, and not in the Australian Outback, or America. :lol:
No Support via PM!

De_Ruyter

14 Mar 2019 23:16

Of course, map is also 1:19 which adds to the trouble. In real life there are however road trains driving trough the Netherlands and even Germany, even if you don't see them usually.

Example 1:

Example 2:

De_Ruyter

15 Mar 2019 16:07

Mercedes-Benz New Actros GigaSpace

Cargo: Steam loco 0-6-0 (55,009 kg)
Too: Brno, Czech Republic

Just south of Frankfurt-am-Main

Just south of Prague, almost there!

Arrived at my destination in Brno

Doug Thompson

15 Mar 2019 17:54

Love the trailer with the kettle (steam loco) on it.

krigl

15 Mar 2019 22:24

You're having some interesting adventures, I see : )

Our colleague Vladimir Rudenkov might be able to help out with the writing on that monument. I just read
something online about a big battle at Smolensk where the Katyushas did a lot of damage to the Nazi forces
but egot wiped out in the end. I also read that there are Katyusha monuments in quite a lot of places as it was
so important an asset to the Soviets.

De_Ruyter

15 Mar 2019 23:52

Doug Thompson wrote:
15 Mar 2019 17:54
Love the trailer with the kettle (steam loco) on it.
Too bad it was a night trip, think it's a mod that gives those trains as they look rather blocky. Really does add a lot though, also bound to run into more of those as I noticed a lot of them in the trailer viewer.
krigl wrote:
15 Mar 2019 22:24
You're having some interesting adventures, I see : )

Our colleague Vladimir Rudenkov might be able to help out with the writing on that monument. I just read
something online about a big battle at Smolensk where the Katyushas did a lot of damage to the Nazi forces
but egot wiped out in the end. I also read that there are Katyusha monuments in quite a lot of places as it was
so important an asset to the Soviets.
Hmm, I did hear of that battle indeed. It could indeed be part of that, it's clearly a Katyusha so it could very well be the case. Perhaps he will be able to translate or give any idea what it may be. Thanks!

De_Ruyter

16 Mar 2019 14:32

Mercedes-Benz New Actros GigaSpace

Cargo: Protective Clothing (6,223 kg)
Too: Dover, Great Britain

Sometimes you forget to look how the game looks, may it be part of SCS's assets or a mod you installed.

After passing Amsterdam I noticed a flying truck and i'm not even on TMP!
It seems tis small dinky toy collided with the big rig and somehow it managed to stay where it was.

Look mom! I can float!

krigl

17 Mar 2019 22:20

Quite a strange accident, that... looks like the trailer lost it's wheels. Didn't know that could even happen. Piranhas, maybe?

Return to “Share the love”

• Information