[REL] Sardinia map 0.9.1

You can share and discuss other ETS2 map mods here
EdgeGladiator

25 Mar 2019 07:56

You need the FLD prefabs if you play just with Sardinia map, it's mandatory if you only have this map. And what are these texture problems that you have, can you post pictures? It's probably no the FLD prefabs.

Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

Dawid2849
Developer

25 Mar 2019 12:48

Promods repleace some FLD prefabs. Watch this video:

Vøytek
Developer

25 Mar 2019 12:57

I didn't listen to the talk, only looked at both examples in the video and it's rather obvious that activating original FLD pack over PM will cause issues. We edited or fixed many of his prefabs when he was inactive, as our map had to get going. If your map works with PM, why would you even activate this pack separately, if it's inside PM already? It just asks for trouble.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Dawid2849
Developer

25 Mar 2019 13:03

In my opinion if u wanna edit prefab u should rename it, because if other map use that prefab, will make problem on that map.

Edit: Let nobody take it badly. Promods is a very nice map and the quality is just beautiful, but I do not like this problem.

EdgeGladiator

25 Mar 2019 13:19

After, this guy play only with the Sardinia map. Why come you talk about ProMods? ;) It's not the right topic.
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

Dawid2849
Developer

25 Mar 2019 13:23

Ohhh, sorry. I thought I was playing with Promods, because Promods replaces some prefabs with their "fixed" versions. I did not read until the end. I apologise for cluttering the topic.

brainiac
Donation rank:

25 Mar 2019 14:01

Vøytek wrote:
25 Mar 2019 12:57
I didn't listen to the talk, only looked at both examples in the video and it's rather obvious that activating original FLD pack over PM will cause issues. We edited or fixed many of his prefabs when he was inactive, as our map had to get going. If your map works with PM, why would you even activate this pack separately, if it's inside PM already? It just asks for trouble.
Because Promods doesn't have all FLD's prefabs and I still didn't get permission to solve that.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

Vøytek
Developer

25 Mar 2019 16:24

Why are you even continuing this discussion here, if I didn't reply to don't make mess in Sardinia map topic? *facepalm*
This discussion is out of place and next posts are unnecessary.
If any map wants to be compatible with PM, their authors have to make sure they rename original FLD prefabs so they don't break prefabs we edited. I think that's quite logical. If anybody gave us a list of affected prefabs, then maybe somebody would fix it and everybody would be happy... As long as we don't know about the problem, it's rather hard to solve it for others.
We can't guarantee PM will be compatible with every map people create in future years. But map addons' authors can make sure they don't break PM with their map. It's their responsibility and they can't blame us for anything.
Besides, if I edit any prefab, I give it a unique name. What I see, is all other maps breaking each other, because they don't use unique names for signs for example and they override their assets...
So if somebody from our team edited some prefabs years ago, reach him to do something about it instead of complaining ;)

If we don't have some FLD prefabs, then most likely we don't need them, but we update them every few months.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

gmtavares

26 Mar 2019 01:35

MacCekko wrote:
25 Mar 2019 01:30
Hello to everybody.
Strangely… I've been using Sardinia Map with no problems since a few days ago, until I decided to disregard and deactivate "FLD Prefabs" MOD (which was giving me some problems, mostly aesthetic issues with some textures around the world, dunno why). Once deactivated it, the sim started to sistematially crash upon launch (that is, aupon loading a previously saved game, while the FLD Prefabs MOD was still active). I am using a profile with only maps' DLCs (everyone from SCS/STEAM)… PLUS Sardinia Map v0.9.1 alone. Currently using ETS2 v1.34.0.34s, as from update occurred a couple of days ago.
I can actually force to load the FLD Prefabs right at the bottom of the MOD Manager, to try to bypass the crahs-on-loading problem, somehow, or the sim will crash again and again without FLD Prefabs MOD (contrarily to what is stated here, at the top of the post by the author, I guess). I am interested in understanding if others have had troubles similar to mine related to te absence/presence of FLD Prefabs MOD with Sardinia Map alone, no ProMods nor any other map for that matter.

Thanks.

MacCekko
Since all the posts above were actually not helping your question at all, I will let you know! :lol:
The prefabs are essential to make the mod work, as they are assets used in several locations in the mod.
In the case of using this map with other mods like TSM or ProMods, the reason you don't need it is simple - other maps, like those, already include them in their package.

Cheers,
Gmtavares
ProMods isn't a mod, it's a game.

Project Japan Admin
Mediterranean Map Admin
Lviv Oblast Expansion Developer
Carpathian ProMods Add-On Developer

ProMods junior beta tester from 2.17 to 2.43 :D
🇵🇹 living in 🇪🇪

MacCekko
Donation rank:

27 Mar 2019 04:56

Thanks to all, and especially to you, Gmtavares. I surely did not want to create problems here, so, just in case, I apologize; it's just that I think this is the best place to ask questions regarding the Sardinia Map MOD, so unless I am completely mistaken… here I am. :oops:

Ok, now I see (it should have been clear to me since the start, but… I am quite new to additional maps in ETS2, and I am quite incapable of understanding the logics within the maps and their load order, for instance, although SOMETHING I am beginning to understand… :D ).

Anyway, I have noticed that “FLD Prefabs MOD” is somehow creating (better "substituting" perhaps?) some textures with others, completely black, and completely glowing under sunlight (the 'aesthetic issues' I was referring to in my earlier post). That is, it's like looking at a black mirror so to speak (no reference to the TV Serial here :oops: ).

ets2_20190327_042230_00.jpg
ets2_20190327_042230_00.jpg (243.39 KiB) Viewed 1464 times
ets2_20190327_042223_00.jpg
ets2_20190327_042223_00.jpg (249.54 KiB) Viewed 1464 times
This used to happen with ProMods also (that I use in another ETS2 profile), but I managed to avoid this after some attempts to change the load order and finally simply not loading “FLD Prefabs MOD” at all, which later on I understood being something that was very possible to do. Now in the actual profile, I am using Sardinia Map alone (no ProMods at all, nor ANY other additional map), hence the problem, I guess… :roll:

I hope you can understand the matter better than me, as I have reached a dead end. It's not a big deal to be honest, but as always, one would like to solve all errors, especially cosmetic/aesthetic ones in his/her beloved sim. ;)

Thank you so much to every one.

Return to “ETS2 Map mods”

• Information