Are there any ways to add modded trucks to the quick jobs?

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
TheNuvolari

27 Mar 2019 13:35

Hey there!

I got a bit bored driving the same, vanilla company trucks recently. Can we add the modded trucks to the quick jobs, with a simple def editing or something? Doesn't matter if it's stock or not, I just want to drive them without buying them. :lol: Now I'm talking about Harven's Mack R and FLB, the Freightliner Cascadia, Peterbilt 387 etc.

Thank you so much in advance and keep truckin',
TheNuvolari

CptCaribbean

29 Mar 2019 11:38

It's a little involved. You need to either:

· (Learn how to) Unpack the game files (specifically the def.scs in this case) and examine the scripts located at:

def/vehicle/truck_company/ and def/vehicle/truck_company_uk/.

OR check inside a truck mod that already implements the feature and examine the script(s) located in the same directory spec as above.

--

Recreate that same directory tree in your target mod and include a copy of the script (named according to the modded truck's name identifier) modified to suit your target mod truck. To easily determine the truck's name indentifier locate the script in the mod's directory tree:

def/vehicle/truck/(truck-name)/data.sii, Look at the data structure "accessory_truck_data:" Immediately after is the truck mod identifier - "vehicle.<whatever>" Ignore the "vehicle." prefix, the rest is the truck mod identifier.

And another option is to use this mod: https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=155784
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

TheNuvolari

29 Mar 2019 17:12

Lovely! Thank you so much! :D

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information