Iberian Peninsula Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
brainiac
Donation rank:

01 Apr 2019 21:35

I like any street in the city center, especially such!
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

PirriAND

01 Apr 2019 22:52

IvanGF14 wrote:
01 Apr 2019 17:59
Well, looks like i had more time than expected :) . I came back to work on Madrid, and here i have some screenshots about our typical street. Hope you like it:

Avesome Images
This looks like your average street in Vallecas
Last edited by Trucker2223 on 02 Apr 2019 04:04, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed images, please don't quote images

tantalus

01 Apr 2019 23:48

lol, i see a new radio control car, erm i mean truck.. simulator coming... nice job, nice job..

That street seems a bit large to be from Vallecas, but it looks pretty nice.

EdgeGladiator

02 Apr 2019 11:09

tantalus wrote:
31 Mar 2019 04:46
Yup, specially when you arent paid for it. Btw, i hope you include cities like Getafe, because it is one of the most important industrial cities (i mean the industrial zone) of Madrid. There are hundreds of trucks there (and Getafe population is bigger than many cities you included in the first map plan). There are many more cities in Madrid with strong points on industry with many truck bases and at the same time with bigger population that many cities that i saw in the map plan for Spain. Fact is, In this matter Madrid is even "bigger" than Barcelona.. :?

But again, i really dont mind. It was just an example. If in a future more cities can be included, so be it, if not, its already fine as it is.
I don't think it will be possible to add cities like Getafe because they are too close to Madrid. It maybe an important city, but if it appears on ProMods, it will just be a small town that will be part of the Madrid area. The importance of the city must also be his location in Spain, in relation to other cities.
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

Shiva

02 Apr 2019 11:29

Getafe, part of the Madrid metropolitan area.
Can be compared to Poissy and Gonesse in Paris "Métropole du Grand Paris".
It will be interesting to see if Getafe might be 1 of the delivery spots in the Madrid area.
Madrid has a lot of possible delivery places.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

EdgeGladiator

02 Apr 2019 11:39

Having diferrents cities spots can be interresting. After, there are 21 km between Paris (Pt de Bagnolet, the place in SCS Paris) and Gonesse. And even 30 km between Paris and Poissy, when there are only 14 km between Madrid and Getafe. Don't kown if it will be possible.
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

CptCaribbean

02 Apr 2019 12:56

EdgeGladiator wrote:
I don't think it will be possible to add cities like Getafe because they are too close to Madrid. It maybe an important city, but if it appears on ProMods, it will just be a small town that will be part of the Madrid area. The importance of the city must also be his location in Spain, in relation to other cities.
And as said, same applies to other towns such as Leganés, Alcorcón, Alcobendas, etc...
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

tantalus

02 Apr 2019 16:48

EdgeGladiator wrote:

Yup you right, i completely forgot that Getafe is really close to Madrid for the purposes of the game. And its a complete shame because it is even more important than Sansebastian de los Reyes or Alcobendas or the other city cant remember now that was going to be added to the map. But it is the same case as Barcelona. Wasnt manresa or tarragona (i think it was manresa) going to be added to the game? that doesnt make any sense, keeping in mind its far smaller than Getafe or the other Madrid examples.

Btw, im not from Getafe in case you are wondering why im insisting so much ahahahahaha. It just didnt make sense to me because many of Madrid trucks go to outside cities like Getafe to gather the cargo. Madrid per se is not an industrial city, it is a sleeper city (dont know how to translate into english sorry).

edit
Yup, but Leganes is not an industrial city, neither Alcorcon or Alcobendas, etc. Alcobendas is becoming a small industrial city but it is still just a city where people go to work, nothing more. I would say Las Rozas is far more industrial than Alcobendas.
Last edited by Trucker2223 on 02 Apr 2019 17:39, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged double post, please use Edit button instead of double posting

EdgeGladiator

02 Apr 2019 19:16

Take into account that we are at 1:19 scale, and unfortunately it's almost impossible to include these cities unless you sacrifice Madrid itself. If we take the example of France, cities such as Saint-Denis, Montreuil, Argenteuil (near Paris) or Villeurbanne (near Lyon) are more populated and larger than cities like Clermont-Fd, Limoges or Bourges but they are not there because they look impossible to include. And same example in Germany etc...

PirriAND

02 Apr 2019 21:23

PirriAND wrote:
01 Apr 2019 22:52
IvanGF14 wrote:
01 Apr 2019 17:59
Well, looks like i had more time than expected :) . I came back to work on Madrid, and here i have some screenshots about our typical street. Hope you like it:

Avesome Images
This looks like your average street in Vallecas
The fun part is that i have never been to Vallecas in my whole life :lol:

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information