Germany Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Shiva

11 Apr 2019 06:56

MG Mike, welcome to Billbrook and your new shiny garage.

If A21 someday is built between A24 and A39 or A25, then it could be used to connect to A25.
Hamburg Autobahnen.
And by that the current "A1/A24" connection, could be the ProMods A1/A25 connection instead.
It could be possible to add a section of A21 between A24 and A25, right?
By routing A25 from Dreieck Hamburg-Südost to more southeast than east.
And continuing A24 more straight northwest from Zarrentin.
And then having A21 inbetween?
But how would the interchanges look?
Those could become a problem, due to possible size.
A24/A21 a cloverleaf interchange?
A25/A21 a trumpet interchange? "A21 south turning, while A25->A21 straight?"

information used from:
Wikipedia: A21 and A25
Autobahn Atlas: A21 and A25
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

MG Mike
Donation rank:

11 Apr 2019 09:37

Thanks Shiva for clarification where I am going to.

I am not a real "Hamburger Jung" so I don't know exactly what place it is meant to be. But thanks for showing it. Now I know.

IRL I live in the Elbe Weser Triangle.. Between Hamburg, Bremen and Cuxhaven. As I was new to ETS2 I had it first without Promods and I had to decide Hamburg or Bremen what would fit to me. It went to Hamburg cause. It has a central position in north germany.
As I had Promods and realized there is Bremerhaven too, I made a second profile with Bremerhaven as my Headquarters. No I am also not from Bremerhaven but I was born there and know the city well.
The area promods did from Bremerhaven /Spaden is very well and recognizable made.

I think it would be possible to add one of the south exits from Bremerhaven and for example build the B71 from there to the already existing 71 at Promods with a few scenery villages, maybe one loading point..

But that I said longer times before.. Maybe the wish come true someday..

About your suggestions, this are much Autobahnen. I think there would be space issues. But that could only the mappers say exactly, but if you look what space is now occupied by the Maschener Kreuz and Horster Dreieck.. It is huge... So some north German cities are now out of discussion.. But it ls very great made and I like it. I haven't seen it exactly, but the City Seevetal is directly next to maschener Kreuz.. Is it in Promods too? As Scenery maybe?

I have also seen Autobahnsigns telling "Geesthacht" probably if the Autobahn to Lüneburg would come, maybe Geesthacht could be a scenery city.. There is also a nuclear power plant called "Krümmel"
Would be awesome to have such things, even if it only Scenery.
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

Shiva

11 Apr 2019 12:10

B71 at A1, is there any space for it?
Exit 49, Bockel would be needed, if road connection between A1 and B71.

Seevetal... Seevetal-Maschen, exit 2 on A39, it is close to Maschener Kreuz.
Will be interesting to see that area someday. And see how the space looks.
But could it fit, IF Lüneburg gets made?

Geesthacht, that is next to A25.
Krümmel can be seen from B404 / Elbebrücke Geesthacht / Staustufe Geesthacht.
Krümmel, streetview photo.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.

MG Mike
Donation rank:

11 Apr 2019 13:37

I think that should be possible. It would be some after the Bremer Kreuz before Resting place Ostetal.

And as mentioned the B71 should go till Bremerhaven and could have the exit Bremerhaven Wulsdorf. Also it would be nice to have the Wesertunnel with a Bundesstraße to Oldenburg, and maybe to the Emden Addon. But this would be difficult doe to space issues. The Wesertunnel comes at the next southwards exit after Wulsdorf. Maybe as a compromise it would be possiblie to take the Wulsdorf exit and add the B437 through the tunnel and let it lead to Emden. Maybe with Varel as a scenery or maybe add Wilhelmshaven as a little city. Could eventually possible like Emden.

Anyway that are only experiments and ideas in my mind. I think everyone would like to have the most possible driveable from his known area..

But there is alway the space issue but on the other hand if you look at the Koblenz Bonn Area it is quite impressive how much is on less space possible. I hope for some more in north germany but also every other new areas in germany are also welcome.. I think there are many beautiful things possible.

But for now let's await 2.40..i am looking forward for the new Fehmarn. I skipped the Fehmarn part in Maximus' video. I want to discover it by myself.

TheNuvolari

11 Apr 2019 14:31

MG Mike wrote:
10 Apr 2019 22:27
Hello everyone.

The cat is almost out of the bag. I 've seen two Videos on YouTube with first look on 2.40

If someone hasn' t seen or don't want to know anything about it untill official release should not continue reading. Spoiler alert!

So, I have seen the videos from Clumsy Geek and Chris Maximus.

At first many many big thanks for your hard work and your efforts. Very great work there.

But I have to look with an loughing eye and with and crying eye on it.
Crying cause the beautiful Promods Hamburg has gone.. Hamburg is in ETS my headquarters and I really like it to start from my garage in north Hamburg and drive through the tunnel to reach my customers at the Harbour area.
With the update my company has to move within Hamburg. I guess it would be south Hamburg like Wilhelmsburg or Harburg..
Anyway.
A loughing eye cause,
what Iike very much and what's absolutely great is that new Maschener Kreuz and the Horster Dreieck. Finally it is build correctly. Many thanks for that.

The Landscape looks in parts still a little hilly. Probably there was SCS parts left. At Clumsy's Vid there was the Gasstation at the resting point Ostetal one of the new SCS Gasstation, but was named Aral. That's good idea. At Maximus Vid the gasstations from Berlin to Hamburg were all original SCS design. Will they get Aral too or other brands?

Then I have seen you have made the A20 drive able to Kiel. Nice idea. But unfortunately Lübeck and the Countryroads along the beach has gone. Could it not be added again? Isn't it that road which leads to Travemünde Ferry port?

Berlin: as it seems Berlin has no changes. That is good. Then Promods Berlin is much better than SCS Berlin. But as far as I know the interchanges at the Berliner Ring made by SCS look a little better, bigger or higher bridges than the Promods versions. Will there be changes in future updates?
The city itself can stay as it is. It looks awesome as everytime when I drive through Berlin.

And another Detail fell into my eye: these orange Emergency calling posts. Very great. In times of Smartphones you probably don't need them anymore, but they are still to find at German Autobahn and all the years Promods hasn't them. But now there are there. Gorgeous just gorgeous!

So far I can say i am awaiting the new version with open arms and at same time hope for further improvements of Hamburg and maybe some other places in North germany. The developer of the Maschener Kreuz said something of maybe Lüneburg in future Updates. That would be great too. But Cuxhaven and B 73 would be planed long ago and I hope for that too.

But for now I am excited for the now coming version.
The new roads im Czech would be very interesting too as well as all the other new stuff like Baltics merge.

So keep up the good work. You are doing very great things.
With Kindly regards
MG Mike
Thank you for the detailed description! It's really useful for those who can't see the videos (like me)! :)

Arvidsson-Källqvist
Donation rank:

12 Apr 2019 12:26

Haven't seen the videos either. So is the new Hamburg fully the standard SCS one without driveable Köhlbrandbrücke and Port area (Finkenwerder)? If yes, then that's very very sad. I might even not update then, cause I take 70 percent of my jobs from the Transinet and EuroGoodies yards in the port area in current PM and use the bridge regulary.

If anything at least those two should be very important to somehow bring back by ProMods.

(Actually it alway baffled me, how could SCS leave out europe's 3rd busiest port in the first place. Which is by far the most important feature of Hamburg for a truck simulator, yet they built the container port in Oslo which is even on a Scandinavian scale is a small one, both Göteborg and Aarhus are much biger and they also not exist :| )
Company: David Kiesch International Transport & Spedition SRL
Headquarter: Cluj-Napoca
Truck: 2021 Volvo FH500 Globetrotter XL
Numberplate: CJ 21 WLX

MG Mike
Donation rank:

12 Apr 2019 13:06

Yeah unfortunately in the new version Hamburg will be standart scs doe to time issues..

Exept at the Entrance to The A1 there is a big Ikea and a Autohof with parking place and gas station.

But the Maschener Kreuz is finally corrected. A7 and A1 do not cross directly at the Maschener Kreuz. At Maschener Kreuz A1 and A 39 crosses there and A 7 is leading southwards over the interchange Horster Dreieck. And there are several Autobahnen more now. In future Updates there should eventually come later Lüneburg, a smaller City south eastwards from Hamburg.

Hamburg itself is sadly only the scs city and the scenery port area. I was fighting in the past for making the port and the bridge drivable again. Maybe it returns later but for now unfortunately not.

I have mentioned it too, that the big container area next to the A7 should be a picking or delivery point for containers, but they didn't make it. Exact grounda why they have not told. Only that it would not be very easy to access this area, what ever does it mean..

If it would be in my hands I would return the exit Waltershof and Othmarschen as driveable areas.
But since I have no knowledge of mapping it is not in my hands.
Instead of this I hope for a complete Hamburg rebuilt in the future with a driveable bridge and portarea.

But for now we have to deal with it. As written before I have my headquarters at Hamburg, so you will understand that it is for me a major change. My company will move within Hamburg from north (I think it was (or is now) Altona. And according to Shiva it will be from the beginning of May in Hamburg Billbrook (southern Hamburg)

Arvidsson-Källqvist
Donation rank:

12 Apr 2019 13:38

That's too bad. I see a tendency that many people prioritize huge almost 1:1 intercharges rather than having actual recognizable and truckin-wise important locations like important ports and bridges. I mean yes it's great to have realistic intercharges, but when they waste so much space that other just as, if not even more important places won't fit because of them that is quite annoying. Not to mention that often it kills the feeling of driving distances between cites.
But anyway, maybe in the future Waltershof and Köhlbrand bridge will come back.

Also, what about Bremerhaven? Is that gone too?
Company: David Kiesch International Transport & Spedition SRL
Headquarter: Cluj-Napoca
Truck: 2021 Volvo FH500 Globetrotter XL
Numberplate: CJ 21 WLX

Der Freiburger
Donation rank:

12 Apr 2019 14:15

Hi,

I think the driveable "Köhle" and Waltershof/Finkenwerder will be come back later.

It would also be nice if there were a connection from Hamburg to Bremerhaven, at the Moment Bremerhaven is a dead End, and in the real life you didn´t take the A1 to Bremen and go back to Bremerhaven if you com from northern Europe.

I would like to see the B73/A26 to Stade and then the B71 to Bremerhaven, very nice would be the whole B73 to Cuxhaven (Cuxhaven is a very important Trailer Ferry port to England, and had a lot of fishing industries), then Maybe without the B71 if there were space issues. The B73 is one of the most used "Bundesstraßen" in Germany, and more country roads in Germany would be nice.

in the first Post of this Thread you can see my suggesstion
Look at HK Transporte on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/HKTransp/

Shiva

12 Apr 2019 14:33

Köhlbrandbrücke?
It might/will get replaced by either a new bridge, or! a tunnel in the future.

If I would have to choose between a driveable Köhlbrandbrücke or 1 of the container terminals "Waltershof" in the future, I would choose container terminal.
But, space is an issue.

Billbrook in Hamburg, that seems to be the garage area, when comparing 2.40 map vs google maps.
But when it will be released, no clue.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information