Germany Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
EdgeGladiator

12 Apr 2019 16:33

Arvidsson-Källqvist wrote:
12 Apr 2019 13:38
Also, what about Bremerhaven? Is that gone too?
Bremerhaven will still be here.
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

MG Mike
Donation rank:

12 Apr 2019 17:28

Yeah I have seen it. It is like it was before.. There are not many alterations here. Flensburg was rebuilt
And the isle Fehmarn.. And that is what I am really looking forward to it.

I leak a Screenshot from the Clumsy Video.
Here what's new:

And for a release there was at several times mentioned the end of April

I think the merge was very much hard work. As written in the blog the scs roads and Promods roads were often at different high levels. So it was not as easy as just to connect some roads new. I think changing levels affect not Only roads, you have to rebuilt the landscape right and left to it too.

But I can surely say that Berlin has not changed. It looks than before. Way better than scs. With more big-city-feeling when driving through..

If the south germany merge will take that long too, or maybe longer cause more mountains in the south, I hope that there will be some things more new for northgermany in the meantime.
But some things in southern Germany are already in work. If you get several pages back in this topic, there are pics of a rebuilt of A 45 from Frankfurt am Main to Köln. That looks promising too.

Regards
MG Mike
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

Der Freiburger
Donation rank:

12 Apr 2019 19:29

Shiva wrote:
12 Apr 2019 14:33
Köhlbrandbrücke?
It might/will get replaced by either a new bridge, or! a tunnel in the future.

If I would have to choose between a driveable Köhlbrandbrücke or 1 of the container terminals "Waltershof" in the future, I would choose container terminal.
But, space is an issue.
Yes, Köhlbrandbrücke, but the old one will be placed by an new very similar looked Bridge, only higher, but thats no Problem for the ETS2

Köhle and CTB or Eurogate (Both Containerterminals on Waltershof) would be fit perfectly with my other suggestions, the köhle is on the Right side of the A7, Waltershof on the left side and on the way from the A7 to Bremerhaven.

If the SCS Elbtunnel lie on the same Position like the old PM Elbtunnel, there are enough space for Köhle and Waltershof
Look at HK Transporte on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/HKTransp/

MG Mike
Donation rank:

12 Apr 2019 20:13

@ der Freiburger
At the SCS version of this area the container terminal looks better than the promodsversion..

At Promods version there are also south from the container Harbour the companies Schenker, Nagel and BASF ( with PM TCP) it would be great if this Area would return. But BASF is imo not needed there. I think BASF has no chemical plant in Hamburg. Instead of this it would be great if the container terminal from scs would be drive able. Maybe not the whole but the front area. And there should be only containers availible.

I compared these Areas. SCS is more westwards and I think the Elbtunnel is a little longer than previous Promods version. It could be if you were doing so and return the Harbour area we have right now To the new version it might be too close to Bremerhaven area.. Or at least too close to before planed cuxhaven.. So if asking me it had been better if promods would stay at its own Hamburg and only exchanges the models for the Köhle and the Tunnel portals and maybe exchange the BASF with that container terminal.. And then change the road textures to the new ones and set some new Buildings in The city area.

But that is only my opinion on what I see. I have no knowledge if it is that easy to do or not..
As said before we have to deal with it now and wait what the team will do in the future..

I don't want to complain about it all while it is not released yet. And keep in mind the promoters have a beta version. Maybe the final release gets some changes.. It was written once that there are mappers still adding Things while the Beta tests are already running..

id777
Donation rank:

12 Apr 2019 20:17

Hello !
In 2.40 presentation on screenshot on this page there is information about merging Promods with SCS Germany.
Can we have detailed information about what you have done in Germany? Or it's better if you can show map with cities and roads that you include.
id777 ;)

System: Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core [email protected] x6
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

Rudi Raser
In Memoriam
Donation rank:

12 Apr 2019 20:23

how much times you want ask now the same?
No Support via PM!

MG Mike
Donation rank:

12 Apr 2019 20:37

Mhm.. I thought I had written what PM team has made in germany.

Flensburg has been rebuild and the isle Fehmarn with city Burg auf Fehmarn has been rebuild..

Hamburg City has changed to SCS

Roads: Maschener Kreuz rebuilt, Horster Dreieck added. As far as I recognized at the videos, the Autobahn A1 between Hamburg and Bremen is the new SCS version cause the landscape right and left of it is same hilly one like in scs vanilla.. There I am missing the nice flat north germany.. Same is from Berlin to Hamburg.. Is not more that flat as it was before..

A20 has become drive able towards Bad Segeberg, and becomes a Bundesstrasse leading to Kiel.

The rest of Germany seems to be as before. Ah the Ferry port Travemünde from SCS is also on new PM Version.. Probably to make it easier for germans to reach the Baltics..
South germany is still as it is now, cause the rebuilt from scs is actually not availible.. Once SCS releases it probably with 1.35 PM team will work on merging it with South pm Germany..

Ah one very important thing I forgot..

The german Promoter Chris Maximus had his own roads sign at the area where his hometown Cottbus would be if it would be on Promods.

In all previous versions the sign was standing there.. But now... Too bad.. The sign has fallen down into the gras.. Hehehe I was laughing as I saw the video when Maximus realized that his sign has fallen.. First question from him was like "hey what's up there? Was anyone too fast here?"
That was really funny. Now he hopes that in final release his sign will be back in place again.. Hehehe..

Shiva

12 Apr 2019 20:51

Der Freiburger wrote:
12 Apr 2019 19:29
Yes, Köhlbrandbrücke, but the old one will be placed by an new very similar looked Bridge, only higher, but thats no Problem for the ETS2
Have they decided to build a new bridge, instead of a tunnel?
Köhlbrandbrücke Ein Hamburger Wahrzeichen
That is the only new information I have found, so far.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

id777
Donation rank:

12 Apr 2019 20:55

MG Mike, thank you for detailed answer
id777 ;)

System: Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core [email protected] x6
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

Arvidsson-Källqvist
Donation rank:

14 Apr 2019 16:31

MG Mike wrote:
12 Apr 2019 20:13
At Promods version there are also south from the container Harbour the companies Schenker, Nagel and BASF ( with PM TCP) it would be great if this Area would return. But BASF is imo not needed there. I think BASF has no chemical plant in Hamburg. Instead of this it would be great if the container terminal from scs would be drive able. Maybe not the whole but the front area. And there should be only containers availible.

I compared these Areas. SCS is more westwards and I think the Elbtunnel is a little longer than previous Promods version. It could be if you were doing so and return the Harbour area we have right now To the new version it might be too close to Bremerhaven area.. Or at least too close to before planed cuxhaven.. So if asking me it had been better if promods would stay at its own Hamburg and only exchanges the models for the Köhle and the Tunnel portals and maybe exchange the BASF with that container terminal.. And then change the road textures to the new ones and set some new Buildings in The city area.
This! This would be the perfect Hamburg.

Btw, it would be nice if since there's Travemünde to add the TT Line ferry between Travemünde and Trelleborg. Trucks going between Scandinavia and Benelux use most of the time that ferry. It shouldn't be a lot of work, only some edits in the def file since both cities already have a ferry terminal.
Company: David Kiesch International Transport & Spedition SRL
Headquarter: Cluj-Napoca
Truck: 2021 Volvo FH500 Globetrotter XL
Numberplate: CJ 21 WLX

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information