Can you undiscover a city?

For problems that are not caused by ProMods
calania

24 Apr 2019 09:02

Hello, I really like playing ets with some goal in mind. Usaly when a new dlc is released I like to discover all the city's. I could do this with the Italy dlc since no mod I used before buying the dlc added Italy and so all those cities were not discovered. The thing is that now with the Baltic dlc I have Allready discovered alot of the city's in promods. So my question is, can you manually open your profile and make the Baltic cities undiscovered easily? Thanks!

PerrydPelle

24 Apr 2019 09:11

That is not necessary, for example if you discover Tallinn in ProMods, it would be automatically discovered in Beyond The Baltic Sea.
Developer of uh...

calania

24 Apr 2019 09:18

I think that you misunderstood me. I don't want the cities to be discovered when installing the Baltic dlc. I want to be able to drive in the Baltic with all Baltic cities being grey on the map when starting the game.

CAPLV
Donation rank:

24 Apr 2019 10:47

create new profile :D
// ETS2 v.1.36+Promods 2.43+Roextended 2.4(P)+RSK Turkey 1.9.5+RusMap 2.0+Southern Region 7.9+TGS 1.36 //

Mr Larrington
Donation rank:

16 May 2019 15:44

calania wrote:
24 Apr 2019 09:02
Hello, I really like playing ets with some goal in mind. Usaly when a new dlc is released I like to discover all the city's. I could do this with the Italy dlc since no mod I used before buying the dlc added Italy and so all those cities were not discovered. The thing is that now with the Baltic dlc I have Allready discovered alot of the city's in promods. So my question is, can you manually open your profile and make the Baltic cities undiscovered easily? Thanks!
You can use the Save Game Decryptor tool to unscramble the game.sii file from /profiles/<profile>/autosave (located in the same directory as the /mod folder); you'll find a series of entries like:

Code: Select all

visited_cities: 4
 visited_cities[0]: aalborg
 visited_cities[1]: sheffield
 visited_cities[2]: esbjerg
 visited_cities[3]: odense
 visited_cities_count: 4
 visited_cities_count[0]: 1
 visited_cities_count[1]: 1
 visited_cities_count[2]: 1
 visited_cities_count[3]: 1
 last_visited_city: odense
 unlocked_dealers: 1
 unlocked_dealers[0]: kobenhavn
 unlocked_recruitments: 0

It might be possible to remove the visited cities and associated dealers and agencies and adjust the numbers, save the edited file as plain text and copy it back to the original directory. Ensure you have a backup of the original game.sii in case it doesn't work. Cross your fingers and restart the game. The game.sii file, however, contains a lot of information and removing one bit could affect something two hundred thousand lines further down, so no guarantees. I haven't tried it...
a bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds

Return to “Non-ProMods ETS2 problems”

• Information