Iberian Peninsula Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Arvidsson-Källqvist
Donation rank:

22 May 2019 17:29

Though I agree that, especially in the last 2-3 years, PM does tend to overkill stuff here and there (Specificaly in and around big cities like Wien, London or the good old notorious Barcelona), and that some people here are a bit oversesitive about even the slightest refference to anything related to news and relase dates. You're harsh. Harsh because if it's that unnecessary and bad you shouldn't be here in the first place, harsh because it's still the only map mod in the entire ETS community that has the most quality content to offer, and because they are the one that gave countless people the possibility to drive in their native country years before SCS did it. Yeah, there have been other map mods as well but I think I don't have to explain why these guys are miles ahead of others in terms of quality. And with this comes obviously some quirks that you should respect. Obviously I think everyone can have criticism and negative opinions, I don't agree with the PM staff 100 percent either, but still they are the one who made the biggest effort to change this game's playground for the better since '13.
Company: David Kiesch International Transport & Spedition SRL
Headquarter: Cluj-Napoca
Truck: 2021 Volvo FH500 Globetrotter XL
Numberplate: CJ 21 WLX

Plum™
Developer

22 May 2019 17:32

Yes I agree some areas are overkilled but these areas get the most work put into them, Wien was made in nearly 2 years! Hundreds of hours of work were put into it

Vøytek
Developer

22 May 2019 17:56

edsor wrote:
22 May 2019 16:54
Because, in addition to how arrogant and rude they are in this forum
That's a very unfair statement - we offer help to our players, that's clearly the opposite of being rude. We always discuss stuff without insulting players or using rude words. People often have problems not only with PM, but also with other maps or trucks and we try to solve their problems everyday. You have only 25 posts, which clearly shows that you're barely active on our forum and you can't judge properly.
edsor wrote:
Barcelona is totally unplayable
I think you need to update your knowledge about this case, maybe visit Barcelona again - I agree I had performance issues there, down to 20-25 fps which is of course unplayable but currently it's working in 60 fps on a few years old video card. It sometimes stutters a bit when loading stuff, but it's not the only location on the map that does that. Barcelona argument is outdated for a long time...
edsor wrote:
It is an invasive map (any change, however small, on the base map requires an update)
No - it's no the "any change, however small, on the base map". Again, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
PM has to be updated just like any other map or sometimes truck/trailer mods because of changes in the game engine, new tools in the editor etc. No matter if SCS makes changes on their map (which doesn't happen that often, so this argument doesn't make sense again - only in ATS it's an issue) or not - we still have to update (resave) our map and upload it again to make sure it doesn't break in the new version. We do it to deliver a more stable map to you.
edsor wrote:
poorly optimized, causes lag and lower fps
Don't blame us for your slow PC, just get your settings right for the hardware you use.
I know few examples where SCS map and our map had performance issues and they're all gone currently - partially thanks to optimizations in map editor but also improvements in the game engine.

So, this:
edsor wrote:
I don't need to use the map editor
is indeed an arrogant statement - you don't use the editor and that's exactly why you write all this stuff that just isn't true or doesn't make sense to people who understand the technical part of map editing. Use the editor for few years, learn map editing and optimization tricks, make a better map but also less "lagging" and then you can express your "arguments" online ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

edsor
Donation rank:

22 May 2019 18:00

EdgeGladiator wrote:
22 May 2019 17:16
wtf but why tell you shit ? I'm sorry but it's been years since you crying crying just for your crappy obsession about FPS, so you cannot close your mouth and break up ? The truth is that you're just a kid with 0 knowledge in modding, who kept crying as if you were a baby, so shut your mouth is better .

Wait SCS if you want, you don't know that SCS does not care at nothings about your country ? This is the last of the list, even Antarctica and Iceland DLC will come before, nobody cares :lol: :lol: the behavior of people of your country make me laugh so much in ETS2 haha
I know I'm sure we'll never see each other face to face, but I still don't disrespect you, all right? You're just a coward who takes advantage of anonymity to offend others. I, unlike you, have been very elegant and polite. I don't usually write much, neither in this forum nor in any. But I'm tired of seeing everyone who asks, even with education and respect, when it will be ready or what, I answered parroting the same as rude pedantry: "will be ready when ready." I have limited myself to make you see that you are not as important as you certainly believe.

EdgeGladiator

22 May 2019 18:10

I mean, your argumentation is just really poor. Next time, come talk calmly with real arguments instead of just telling for nothings. It's not my fault if the truth hurts you
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

edsor
Donation rank:

22 May 2019 18:15

My pc works perfectly, and my graphics card too. I've traveled the cities of the last version. Barcelona is too dense, and the FPS continue to fall (something less, possibly, but it is not enough). And of course, for me it is essential, in this or any other simulation game, that it is fluent. There is nothing more unreal than having to play it in slow motion. On the other hand, all your answers confirm what you already knew: the inability you have to withstand the slightest criticism. I do not think it is necessary to be modder to be able to say. I have limited myself to giving my opinion, and who does not like is your problem.

EDIT:
Truth never offends, lies always do. Perhaps it is you who should have thought of it better before writing what you have written.
Last edited by bmwGTR on 22 May 2019 18:35, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged double posts

Plum™
Developer

22 May 2019 18:21

He doesn’t have an inability to withstand your criticism :P , he is just putting forward his argument against, you cannot expect against every criticism you give everything will be positive, he is criticising your criticism. I agree that FPS is a bit low in those cities but you will only realise how hard it is to optimise map if you are a modder. Also you didn’t give little criticism you also said untrue things like this project is paralysed, because it is more alive then ever, just because scs releses new dlcs doesn’t mean this project will die no it will only get bigger

EdgeGladiator

22 May 2019 18:27

yeah, you can come here to express your opinion, there is any problem. You can also criticize when it's something built and that will help the mod to develop it well and solve theses problems ;) But it is not necessary to say sentences that can be considered as provocative like "It is an invasive map" or "Two or three more DLCs, and it will be completely useless." Sorry if I was really harsh, but when we love a product and we see that sentences, it's not really nice.
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

gmtavares

22 May 2019 18:35

What if we focused on what the devs actually post in terms of development and appreciate that, rather than be disgruntled about lack of even more work or personal issues with certain areas of the map, which are not in the reins of PM devs? Seen as though they already try to optimize the map, as they did with Barcelona.
I never got over 30 FPS a few updates ago and now I can get 60-120!

In any case... Let's appreciate what we have... Not complain about not having more or not having stuff tailored to the needs of every single computer...
ProMods isn't a mod, it's a game.

Project Japan Admin
Mediterranean Map Admin
Lviv Oblast Expansion Developer
Carpathian ProMods Add-On Developer

ProMods junior beta tester from 2.17 to 2.43 :D
🇵🇹 living in 🇪🇪

bmwGTR

22 May 2019 18:46

Hi,

due to the fact that the last few pages were just offtopic, we are closing now the topic.
We will reopen it when there is something to show.

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information