Game Stuttering (Hiccups)

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
PauloPires

30 May 2019 10:04

Hello,
I've started playing With promods and yesterday i've started seeing stuttering (i don't know if it's the correct work, it's like hiccups) and the frames never drop below 60 when it happens and normal they are between 70 and 110 With my rig that is i7-6700K, 16GB RAM, GTX 1070Ti, SSD ADATA Gammix S11 Pro M.2 that has 3500/3000MB speeds.
This never happend With the original maps.
I've attached the complete log from yesterday.

I remember that while creating the def file i chose Ultra drawing distance (extreme performance PC only). Could that create this problem and can i create a new def file With lower distance and replace the other one With no problem?
Attachments
log.zip
Game Log
(17.41 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
Last edited by PauloPires on 30 May 2019 19:38, edited 2 times in total.

EG0611

30 May 2019 11:02

I see you use many other mods than Promods. I suggest you to remove them and test them 1 by 1. Maybe some of them causes lag spikes or maybe Promods' itself causes it but without testing them it is hard to say.

scan720
Developer
Donation rank:

30 May 2019 11:07

Hi,

I can say that Jazzycat´s Traffic Mods are hurting the Performance. Try to remove them.

Best regards,
scan720
Developer since July 2020
Working in Poland

PauloPires

30 May 2019 12:23

EG0611 wrote:
I see you use many other mods than Promods. I suggest you to remove them and test them 1 by 1. Maybe some of them causes lag spikes or maybe Promods' itself causes it but without testing them it is hard to say.
I'll try With out any other mods. All the mods worked fine With normal maps but since i know that ProMods is more demanding some mods might be the problem.

Added in 59 seconds:
scan720 wrote:
Hi,

I can say that Jazzycat´s Traffic Mods are hurting the Performance. Try to remove them.

Best regards,
scan720
Well i did turn off that mod and it did get less hiccups but still got some so maybe gotta turn off all and check one at a time.

Added in 7 hours 14 minutes 56 seconds:
scan720 wrote:
Hi,

Best regards,
scan720

I remember that while creating the def file i chose Ultra drawing distance (extreme performance PC only). Could that create this problem and can i create a new def file With lower distance and replace the other one With no problem?

Added in 17 seconds:
EG0611 wrote:

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

30 May 2019 19:46

since Vegetation gets drawn much earlier it does definitly impact on performance, so create a lower spec Definition file should help.
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

PauloPires

30 May 2019 22:58

Thank you for the help. I will try that too to see if my gtx 1070 ti can handle. And can I change the Def file with no problem?
Last edited by bmwGTR on 31 May 2019 08:39, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove quote, please do not quote the post above yours

scan720
Developer
Donation rank:

31 May 2019 05:28

Hi,

yes, just download the def file again and replace it with the old.

Best regards,
scan720
Developer since July 2020
Working in Poland

PauloPires

01 Jun 2019 10:15

scan720 wrote:
31 May 2019 05:28
Hi,

yes, just download the def file again and replace it with the old.

Best regards,
scan720
I've done that but i don't know why but in the few minutes starting a job when turning it looks like the game blurs and i didn't see that in the other def i used.
Also yesterday i brought my rig to work and played on a normal FHD monitor With 60hz and i believe it's 5ms and With the first def i didn't see any hiccups (strange) and at home the same day at night i still saw them and my monitor is a 144hz monitor With 1ms and even G-SYNC. Is there a way to block the frames to 60 in the game? I chose 60fps in the game settings and set vsync on With power saving for notebooks and it locked to 72fps and just played a +/- 1:30h job and i think i didn't see any hiccups. Could it be that the game doesn't handle very well 144hz monitor? I know it doesn't support G-SYNC so it's useless to make the game better.

Also wich drawing distance compares to the original in the original ETS2 map?

Added in 3 minutes 5 seconds:
Trucker2223 wrote:
30 May 2019 19:46
since Vegetation gets drawn much earlier it does definitly impact on performance, so create a lower spec Definition file should help.

I've changed my def file from Ultra drawing distance to high drawing distance but i don't know why but in the few minutes starting a job when turning it looks like the game blurs and i didn't see that in the other def i used.
Also yesterday i brought my rig to work and played on a normal FHD monitor With 60hz and i believe it's 5ms and With the first def i didn't see any hiccups (strange) and at home the same day at night i still saw them and my monitor is a 144hz monitor With 1ms and even G-SYNC. Is there a way to block the frames to 60 in the game? I chose 60fps in the game settings and set vsync on With power saving for notebooks and it locked to 72fps and just played a +/- 1:30h job and i think i didn't see any hiccups. Could it be that the game doesn't handle very well 144hz monitor? I know it doesn't support G-SYNC so it's useless to make the game better.

Also wich drawing distance compares to the original in the original ETS2 map?

tantalus

08 Jun 2019 17:25

PauloPires wrote:
30 May 2019 22:58
Thank you for the help. I will try that too to see if my gtx 1070 ti can handle. And can I change the Def file with no problem?
That videocard should be able to handle... anything. Keep in mind, problems of performance with ETS2 are most of the times not related to the videocard, but with memory issues, buffer issues and things like that. Traffic mods are the ones who always demand more.

Also, those hiccups are not stutter, they are just gaps of memory allocation due to mod conflicts, or just you have more mods than the game can handle.

To fix this, you will probably need to tweak your config file and set launch options like -mm_max_resource_size and/or mm_max_temp_buffers size (i think those are the ones but i could not be sure). Keep in mind, all the default values of the game are set for the default vanilla game. In the moment you start adding mods, and specially something like promods, those minimum requirements are not longer valid. They rise, a lot.

But so you know, your videocard can handle a pretty complex AAA game. So, yeah, im pretty sure it can handle ETS2 at maximum settings without sweat. As i said, the problem is not your videocard performance, but the optimization of memory buffers.

Also btw. Hiccups are not stutter. You first need to be sure that it is actually stutter what you suffer, because activating vsync when there is no stutter is the worst thing you could do because you will be locking your fps. Stutter usually is just a half second micro freeze that happens by time to time. But a hiccup is something worst, like if the game could not load fast enough the scenary or if the game was writting to disc at the same time, something like that. Its a different symptom.

PauloPires

28 Jul 2019 12:07

I can't find those two on my config.cfg file.
Last edited by bmwGTR on 28 Jul 2019 12:10, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove quote, please do not quote the post above yours

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information