Development on version 1.x (British Columbia Edition)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

10 Jun 2019 07:54

dclark12553 wrote:
09 Jun 2019 19:30
Will the lions gate bridge be available on the first version.
Yes the bridge will be present, but prohibited for commercial trucking (leaving ur trailer behind will give you a fine free cross ;) )
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

juliussasar
Donation rank:

10 Jun 2019 14:08

Wow, the level of realism is astonishing!
Will driving a (modded) rigid truck bypass the restriction or does the game check for an active job?

Shiva

10 Jun 2019 15:15

juliussasar, the real bridge has a weight restriction.
I do not know how ProMods has done, but I am interested to know.

flight8050 = flight50?
Will you do as I do?
1 unmodded profile.
Another with mods? "ProMods"
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

bricksathome
Developer

10 Jun 2019 16:41

juliussasar wrote:
10 Jun 2019 14:08

Will driving a (modded) rigid truck bypass the restriction or does the game check for an active job?
It's the same mechanic that SCS used through the Yosemite national park to fine trucks with trailers, so you can test it through there and it will be the same when you drive over the Bridge in ProMods ;)
The Best Way To see What I've been Doing Recently Is To Click Here!
http://www.youtube.com/c/bricksathome1

Currently working in mid Wales in ETS2
and the area around Kelowna and Vernon in ATS

supersobes

10 Jun 2019 23:42

penguinaz wrote:
09 Jun 2019 00:45
I saw people talking about traffic lights, maybe this video will help explain.

When the flashing green arrow is on, you have priority to turn left. When the arrow is off, but the solid green light is on, you can still turn, but you need to watch out and give way for vehicles travelling in the opposite direction.
Awesome! :o Thanks for the traffic signal demonstration!
Scania trucks are the best, but the Peterbilts are good
Road signs are just as important as the road itself.

World of Trucks Profile | ATS Screenshots | ETS2 Screenshots

vulchor
Donation rank:

11 Jun 2019 18:23

Now that Washington DLC is out and the corridor to BC is fully open, my hype has grown exponentially for Promods Canada! Can you give us a hint as to approximately what the state of the project is currently in? Still early stages of mapping? About how long has the team been working on BC for?

TYinYVR

12 Jun 2019 20:19

I live in Coquitlam BC about ten minutes from the IKEA and the Port Mann Bridge. It looks great.

Coquitlam BC has a population of 150k
Vancouver WA has a population of 150k also. It's a suburb of Portland OR.

Metro Vancouver BC has a population of 2.5 million which my city Coquitlam is included in that figure.
In real life, I live about 45 minutes east of downtown Vancouver in ok traffic. Maybe 2-5 minutes in ATS.
Plus my mum lives in Kelowna about a 4-hour drive (Real life) via the Coquihalla HWY and the Great Bear Snowshed looks great.

NickInCanada

13 Jun 2019 05:30

I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw that this is coming, it looks fantastic. A couple questions I have for a one who knows though is what route the 99 will take through the Marpole area of a Vancouver, specifically speaking where will we go over to Granville Street from Oak Street? My bigger question though is will Vancouver Island be made for a later version of this mod? The ferry terminal in Port Angeles is there and set up to be used if SCS ever did get around to making the Black Ball ferry to Victoria so that part wouldn’t be that hard.

TROPtastic
Donation rank:

13 Jun 2019 15:16

danielmadrawski wrote:
09 Jun 2019 22:06
For those who were a bit confused about that flashing green arrow (just like I was before I googled it ;) ) : " A flashing green light on a traffic signal means the signal is pedestrian activated. So, when you approach a flashing green light, use caution, because the signal could be activated by a pedestrian at any time and you might have to stop and let the pedestrian to cross".
While this is true for "regular" traffic lights without arrows (of which we have many in BC), flashing green arrows simply mean that turning traffic has dedicated time separate from straight-through traffic. Penguinaz's explanation is correct, and in fact these flashing green arrows do not exist at pedestrian-controlled intersections.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

13 Jun 2019 18:31

NickInCanada wrote:
specifically speaking where will we go over to Granville Street from Oak Street?
Yes and No. Due to serious scaling problems we have to choose for various areas. I think we made a good choice of connecting different areas together to give some nice recreations of IRL situations. So yes, there is a left/right section in the BC99 to get to Downtown.
NickInCanada wrote:
My bigger question though is will Vancouver Island be made for a later version of this mod?
Again yes, this will probably be for version 2. Apart from a US ferry you will find in the first version that also two Canadian ferry terminals will be prepaired for the Island.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ATS”

• Information