Game update 1.35

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
TruckerKing789

16 Jun 2019 13:59

They don't need to set a release date but it would be nice to set a really rough date (will probably be ready in 4-8 weeks or in 3-5 months or something like that) or at least the earliest date possible. Like "It sure won't be ready until August but can be September or October, too" or just something like that. That must be possible even for a donation based freetime developement (I'm freetime programmer myself).

ScuL
Founder

16 Jun 2019 19:14

Engineer_USA wrote:
15 Jun 2019 17:10
Is it too much to ask for, at least, a rough road map
We don't work with road maps. We work with volunteers and the developers free up their time when they have time... People that have jobs, exams and other real life things going on.

So here is a summary what happened when 1.35 came out:
* we do a conversion of the map from 1.34 to 1.35 and test it for faults
* many graphical errors with black textures appear because of the DX11 conversion
* we hunt and check for these files and update all of our models
* then random crashes appeared caused by new AI algorithms associated with the GPS voice navigation
* after about 2 weeks of bug hunting we find the cause of the crashes
* then we update the prefabs
* merging Germany begins and we chose to insert certain areas and exclude certain areas
* after the merging some areas need to be rebuilt or upgraded from scratch (notably Nürnberg)
* final details such as signs are placed and the updated map areas are checked for holes, gaps, invisible walls and the likes
* then the "beta" version is distributed to all of our testers who check it in DX9, DX11 and have to cover every single new bit of road to make sure there are no critical faults

We are now at that final stage and after the results of the testing come in we still have about 500 bugs to improve, repack, test again with a release candidate and then prepare the release for distribution.

How long does this take? Not sure.. 2 weeks, 4 weeks.. if we set a release date we will ALWAYS get complaints when we don't make the date. Therefore we cannot give any indications.
1.35 has been a really big update that changes a lot to the game engine, therefore it takes time for us to adapt our work. Extracted the mod exceeds 7GB now..
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Mooner_37
Donation rank:

16 Jun 2019 22:08

Take your time 🙂. No need for hurries. Better a bug poor version which had been taken a lot of time than a bug full version which was released very quick.

My quote: "the longer your patience, the bigger your reward and satisfaction"
ETS2 / ATS

Current Headquarters: Liège, Berlin, L.A. Luxemburg, Seattle
Current Trucks: ETS2: 15 ATS: 2
Driving Truck: ETS2: DAF XF ATS: Peterbilt 579
Current Mileage: ETS2: 462,317 km (287,270.46 miles) - ATS: 329,972 km (205,035 miles)
Level: ETS2: 65 - ATS: 48

Darkcaptain
Donation rank:

17 Jun 2019 09:56

ScuL: Thank you very much for the info,

All the information is well and that people must know that an update is not just changing a parameter or pressing a magic button.

I like to know what steps you are taking, even if you do not know the release date :)

tantalus

17 Jun 2019 21:23

ScuL wrote:
16 Jun 2019 19:14
free up their time when they have time... People that have jobs, exams and other real life things going on.

So here is a summary what happened when 1.35 came out:
* we do a conversion of the map from 1.34 to 1.35 and test it for faults
* many graphical errors with black textures appear because of the DX11 conversion
* we hunt and check for these files and update all of our models
* then random crashes appeared caused by new AI algorithms associated with the GPS voice navigation
* after about 2 weeks of bug hunting we find the cause of the crashes
* then we update the prefabs
* merging Germany begins and we chose to insert certain areas and exclude certain areas
* after the merging some areas need to be rebuilt or upgraded from scratch (notably Nürnberg)
* final details such as signs are placed and the updated map areas are checked for holes, gaps, invisible walls and the likes
* then the "beta" version is distributed to all of our testers who check it in DX9, DX11 and have to cover every single new bit of road to make sure there are no critical faults
I dont know where you guys pick the time needed to do it. Much respect. ;)

ScuL
Founder

18 Jun 2019 09:11

Team effort :)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Blue Lark
Donation rank:

18 Jun 2019 15:48

In particular, I would like to keep Nürnberg as ProMods' data. Honestly, I think the quality of Nürnberg is more overwhelming than that of SCS.
I'm out (since Mid of July 2021)
Scheduled to come back ETS2 and ATS someday...
ProMods User Since 1.97

Bongo_Brother

18 Jun 2019 17:21

for the moment what would be the best way to use promods+rusmap while you work on the new update?

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

18 Jun 2019 17:47

The same as before?
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

stanced32

18 Jun 2019 18:12

thank you, I just got the mod and was excited to try it out but had my game running on 1.35 so it was incompatible. I will be glad to receive it sometime this summer and am excited to play on some new roads. this really is an amazing thing to get for free and I have been thoroughly impressed ever since I saw one of Squirrels videos. as many will tell you, take your time.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information