Game update 1.35

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
fphlpsnrg
Donation rank:

30 Jun 2019 20:51

tantalus wrote:
24 Jun 2019 22:20
Nah, the way it is right now promods is perfect. Its better to wait longer, knowing we are going to get a "product" free of most bugs, polished and definitely , worth to wait. ...
Nobody likes being reminded by OG's such as myself about the value of waiting for a stable product. I worked as a software engineer for 30 years. One thing that set me off then, and still does now, is the question "is it ready yet?". No it's not. Asking does 2 things: pisses me off and wastes my time answering the question (oh, it's been ready for a couple of weeks now – I was just waiting for someone to ask).

Software of any nature is complex and any change can have unforeseen consequences. Look at Microsoft. They haven't released a stable product in over 20 years.

ETS2 is a remarkable product. Over six years old, and gets better every time. There is a work ethic in that company that can't be matched in most companies in the U.S. or Europe. ProMods is in itself just as remarkable, particularly since that group is largely uncompensated for their efforts.

Rudi Raser
In Memoriam
Donation rank:

30 Jun 2019 20:57

fphlpsnrg wrote:
They haven't released a stable product in over 20 years.
No Support via PM!

tantalus

01 Jul 2019 05:29

fphlpsnrg wrote:
They haven't released a stable product in over 20 years.
Hm , Windows 1.7 was pretty stable for what it was. :| oh wait, right that is older than 20 years... :shock: :lol:

raceidiot

01 Jul 2019 11:19

I've been enjoying ATS while waiting for promods to update anyway, now it's got a decent enough map size for me to stay interested longer than a week or so.
Beefy gameing rig specs
MB: ROG Strix X570-E Gaming CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X Noctua NH-D15 Ram: 32gb DDR4 @3200mhz GPU: NVidia RTX 3080 ti FE Storage: HP EX950 512gb, Crucial MX500 1TB, 3TB WD Red Case: Fractal Design Meshify Compact 2

HangerBang55

01 Jul 2019 12:39

still waiting to the new version of promods. I prefer to not ask about realese etc because as some People said the developers make this for free.

Shankar

02 Jul 2019 02:30

When will be Promods latest version for ETS 1.35
:D :P :lol:

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

02 Jul 2019 05:57

Please, learn how to read.

It has been told many, many times in this topic.

It'll be ready when it's ready.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

mandrakethe
Donation rank:

03 Jul 2019 11:29

Who even wants it? Trucking is so boring. Funny story, I was at a festival the other week and I met a guy who is a trucker for a living, and of course I proceeded to tell him that in my spare time I drive a truck simulator, haul loads, obey the speed limit, sleep, indicate, fill up fuel etc etc. This guy was not a gamer in any way, he finds it hard to see why people would play so called exciting games like battlefield or whatever, so he honestly thought I was joking, at his expense, and the more I tried to explain and even show him on my phone, the more confused he got. We ended up parting ways. We had so much in common and yet so little. Anyways, hurry up with the mod for the sake of jesus, I grow impatient. Just kidding lads, thanks for your hard work.

Randomize

03 Jul 2019 11:54

ok why you need so much time for this update?

Davyddin
Donation rank:

03 Jul 2019 11:57

Please at least read the topic you are posting in before posting:
ScuL wrote:
16 Jun 2019 19:14
Engineer_USA wrote:
15 Jun 2019 17:10
Is it too much to ask for, at least, a rough road map
We don't work with road maps. We work with volunteers and the developers free up their time when they have time... People that have jobs, exams and other real life things going on.

So here is a summary what happened when 1.35 came out:
* we do a conversion of the map from 1.34 to 1.35 and test it for faults
* many graphical errors with black textures appear because of the DX11 conversion
* we hunt and check for these files and update all of our models
* then random crashes appeared caused by new AI algorithms associated with the GPS voice navigation
* after about 2 weeks of bug hunting we find the cause of the crashes
* then we update the prefabs
* merging Germany begins and we chose to insert certain areas and exclude certain areas
* after the merging some areas need to be rebuilt or upgraded from scratch (notably Nürnberg)
* final details such as signs are placed and the updated map areas are checked for holes, gaps, invisible walls and the likes
* then the "beta" version is distributed to all of our testers who check it in DX9, DX11 and have to cover every single new bit of road to make sure there are no critical faults

We are now at that final stage and after the results of the testing come in we still have about 500 bugs to improve, repack, test again with a release candidate and then prepare the release for distribution.

How long does this take? Not sure.. 2 weeks, 4 weeks.. if we set a release date we will ALWAYS get complaints when we don't make the date. Therefore we cannot give any indications.
1.35 has been a really big update that changes a lot to the game engine, therefore it takes time for us to adapt our work. Extracted the mod exceeds 7GB now..
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information