Middle East Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
bengt.jensie

02 Aug 2019 17:51

@vulchor

It's on it's way, check this topic, towards the end.
https://roextended.ro/forum/viewtopic.php?p=422#p422

You can also get special zoom mods here, including WITH Middle east addon.
https://roextended.ro/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6082#p6082

tonyk

03 Aug 2019 08:15

Hi Platypus.
Just driving on yer map now and it is fantastic! The quality and detail is superb! One thing I noted was at the Israel-Lebanon border the gates don't open to let you on the road through to the Lebanon side. Is this how it actually is? Or will this be opened in the future? The jobs go through the ferry which is super long.I've got developer mode activated, so I can teleport to the other side of the border.

Cheers!

samuray
Donation rank:

03 Aug 2019 09:07

In reality the border between Israel and Lebanon are closed because both countries are at the state of war. So it will remain closed.

Platypus
Developer

03 Aug 2019 12:49

Hi everybody,

As promised, the work on Middle-East will continue. Here's the next step :
Jordan.jpg
Jordan.jpg (80.28 KiB) Viewed 1927 times
It's still in early development but the roads are already placed. Some changes could however occurs in final version.
As for Lebanon, you'll be able to drive until the borders ;)

Also, for some other questions I have read :
  • The problem with police cars (missing looks with lod_police.pmd and lod2_police.pmd) is known. We will see to solve it for next version.
  • Syria : it will depend of the real situation (borders open or not), which seems slowly to improve ... Due to the long war which sadly ruined it, the whole country is excluded.
    However some small parts could eventually appear. But I'm not working on it for now ...
  • Israel/Lebanon border : it will indeed remain closed. It would be completely unrealistic to open it.

PerrydPelle

03 Aug 2019 13:24

Nice work! That road from the Iraqi border (Will Iraq come in the furture?) to Mafraq looks long and boring but great at the same time!
Platypus wrote:
03 Aug 2019 12:49
  • Israel/Lebanon border : it will indeed remain closed. It would be completely unrealistic to open it.
I know that realism is a top priority, but an optional mod for the border to open would be nice! :D
Developer of uh...

Vøytek
Developer

03 Aug 2019 13:41

Making such mod will take you few minutes. I see you're a map developer, so that shouldn't be an obstacle for you ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

PerrydPelle

03 Aug 2019 13:50

yeah I should probebly do that!
EDIT: Done!
Last edited by PerrydPelle on 03 Aug 2019 15:54, edited 1 time in total.
Developer of uh...

baetatomska
Donation rank:

03 Aug 2019 15:31

Could you build Petra (Wadi Musa) just as a scenery place?? Jk 🤣🤣

I'll definitely love to drive all the way from Aqaba to Amman, since it will make me remember my 2017 summer hollidays!!!

As for the present content of this add-on, I must say that it is really amazing what I've seen so far (Tel Aviv, Jerusalem and Beer-Sheva in Israel and El-Arich and Port Said in Egypt).

For the expansion I would like to suggest the Galilea Sea area in Israel (with towns such as Nazareth and Tiberiads) and the continuation of road 90 towards north (yeah I know it crosses Cisjordanian territory but you've already built parts of it XD) and if you do that don't forget to place ONU cars in the section between Tiberiads and Jericho 😏

dennis_2310

03 Aug 2019 17:12

Hello everybody,

as I had read in the gameplay issues topic, Arayas superzoom mod is needed to run PM with the ME-addon. After installing the mods and playing the game for a while I saw that the map is not this detailed as it was without the mods. Some interchanges dissapeared or became undetailed. Will there be a fix for it or will ProMods release an own new def file with the fixed zoom as they made it with RusMap?

https://imgur.com/a/SLoEKdn

DH-Trans Luxembourg s.à.r.l - delievering goods everywhere in Europe
Headquarters: Luxembourg (L), Kaliningrad (RUS)

I speak: 🇩🇪 🇱🇺 🇬🇧 🇫🇷 🇷🇺

Platypus
Developer

03 Aug 2019 17:34

Hello,

Use or this superzoom mod is NOT required to drive Promods with Mid-East (or even with RusMap). There's no fix needed if you follow carefully the install instructions.

It could eventually be needed for other mods for which I made no tests and so can't give any support. Sorry, but as already explained, I can't support all existing mods.

Regards,

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information