Mods colliding with ProMods

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Einfallslos

02 Aug 2019 20:42

My game crashed 2 times while I was driving.
I have 4 other mods.
-Real traffic density and ratio
-50k Addon
-kenworth 100e
- v8 engines for the k100

I thought the traffic mod could be the problem

bmwGTR

03 Aug 2019 13:53

Hi,

please show us your game.log.

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

StephenJones

08 Aug 2019 19:34

Hi peeps,
Since installing ProMods 2.41 I'm getting random collisions in tunnels & when I cross train tracks, it's like hitting a brick wall but the mods I run are all the same as I've previously run with ProMods & never had so much as a hiccup in the past except for some trailer mods I've recently acquired, might they be the cause ?

richyrich01

23 Sep 2019 19:25

Hi folks

Was just messing about with mods that might, or might not work with promods. I downloaded the latest version of next generation graphics mod, and it was no real surprise to me that it crashed the game when used with promods. Messed around with the load order but still it crashes. You all probably already know this, but i'm old and slow lol. But just in case some of you don't know, then next-gen graphics, next-gen weather and the next-gen alternate lines add on do not work with promods.

Have fun all

Added in 4 minutes 22 seconds:
Einfallslos wrote:
02 Aug 2019 20:42
My game crashed 2 times while I was driving.
I have 4 other mods.
-Real traffic density and ratio
-50k Addon
-kenworth 100e
- v8 engines for the k100

I thought the traffic mod could be the problem

I am pretty certain you are right that it is the traffic density that's causing it mate. As a solution might I suggest you go into your documents folder then open eurotrucksimulator folder and open your config file and look for g_traffic. it is set to 1 as default but I changed mine to 3 and it works fine. Hope that helped

Vabis22

10 Oct 2019 21:38

Is it compatible?

Cipus
Donation rank:

21 Oct 2019 15:39

richyrich01 wrote:
23 Sep 2019 19:29
I am pretty certain you are right that it is the traffic density that's causing it mate
please let me say that your sentence is wrong. I am the author of the traffic mod in cause. believe me, I have tested and compared v1.34 and v1.35 and my conclusion is only one: from 1.35 the game is more problematic with traffic density and Dx11 implementation might be the cause (or a hidden bug that leads to memory leak). after many weeks of testing and crashes, me and other users realized that game crashes inevitably with increased traffic density (not neceesarily with my traffic mod) and only when more trafifc packs were used. I left my game playing alone only with my mod, for one hour and I had no crashes (this was one of the many tests I performed in 1.35).

the solution was to make use of the memory parameters kindly offered by SCS and about which you can read here: https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=261451
using these codes, and only 8 Gb of RAM I was able to load and drive with all jazzycat traffic packs except for painted trucks. later I upgraded to 16 Gb of RAM and succesfully installed other trafifc packs (extra trailers from trailer packs and doubles, more cars, etc). however it;s highly recommended to have more than 8Gb of RAM, especially after 1.35 update if using higher density, extra traffic packs and extra maps because the files seems to be managed differently in 1.35, everything seems to be stored in RAM longer, or cache is not removed, no idea because I am not a programmer, but something has been definitely changed.

let me say also that increasing g_traffic is not going to offer a stable game experience, this is not even supported by scs, it's more FPS demanding and you are losing realism since g_traffic increases traffic where there is less traffic with no logic about less traffic at night time, more traffic at rush hours, less traffic on local roads, etc
you can read more about what a traffic density mod can do on my thread on scs forum https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=249660

at the end my traffic mod is called "Real Traffic Density" and it brings on roads the amount of vehicles that it should, not more, not less and it will always be FPS friendly as long as you have at least an average PC and reasonable traffic packs. there are other traffic mods with less traffic that some say are better. Better because weak PCs will perform of course better with less traffic, there is no magic in this :lol: , at the end people are free to test and decide, I can only recommend to stop using g_traffic

regards,
Cip
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density for ETS2 / ATS and Real Ai traffic engine sounds ETS2 / ATS

juncaoPHI

06 Jan 2020 18:29

Is Romania Extended compatible to be combined with Promods? I have road to the black sea DLC. When combining it, I found these errors in the gamelog:
00:06:39.381 : <ERROR> [unit] File '<C:/Users/user/Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2/mod/promods-def-st-v243.scs | >/def/country/romania.sii', line 3:
00:06:39.381 : <ERROR> Included at '<C:/Users/user/Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2/mod/ROEX22-RusMap_RC.scs | >/def/country.arayas.sii', line 11:
00:06:39.381 : <ERROR> [unit] The unit name 'country.data.romania' is already taken by an existing unit (of type 'country_data').
00:06:39.381 : <ERROR> load_filtered_unit_array() - Failed to load units from file (/def/country.arayas.sii)
00:06:39.442 : Linking cities with countries ....
00:06:39.442 : <ERROR> City 'nis' cannot be linked with country 'serbia'. Country of given name does not exists.
00:06:39.442 : <ERROR> City 'lida' cannot be linked with country 'belarus'. Country of given name does not exists.
Happy Trucking---------Goes Around Europe
Greetings From Indonesia

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

06 Jan 2020 18:31

No, it is not recommended to be used with ProMods, due of known compatability Problems.
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

ThrottleKiddo

30 Dec 2023 16:19

but what about Romania Map By Alexandru Team is it compatible as well?!?!?

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information