Middle East Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Blue Lark
Donation rank:

12 Aug 2019 04:29

If you put this Middle East mod game under ProMods, you get errors like the one above, and if you line it up, you get errors that go wrong with the map and the road, and that doesn't work out. In the end, if you want to run the mod normally, there is no other way to disable the RusMap add-on mod like Southern Region Map and The Great Steppe.
I'm out (since Mid of July 2021)
Scheduled to come back ETS2 and ATS someday...
ProMods User Since 1.97

benhoch
Donation rank:

12 Aug 2019 05:48

Finally arrived in Beirut and it looks great. Can't wait to explore the rest of the map.
Is Dubai coming in a future update? I know it's far away from the current region of the map, I would love to see the UAE added, as well as the rest of middle east (Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman and Yemen)
It would be a great extension, I never saw a mod of those countries in ETS, so this would be amazing.
Keep it up, can't wait for future updates! :)

bmwGTR

12 Aug 2019 08:00

cjh2705 wrote:
If you put this Middle East mod game under ProMods, you get errors like the one above, and if you line it up, you get errors that go wrong with the map and the road, and that doesn't work out. In the end, if you want to run the mod normally, there is no other way to disable the RusMap add-on mod like Southern Region Map and The Great Steppe.
Hi,

that is wrong - Middle-East add-on works perfectly with RusMap, Southern Region and The Great Steppe.

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

permo133
Donation rank:

12 Aug 2019 14:23

Hey guys. A quick question, with ME ,i i cant see the changes i made in roadcolors in the def file. Without ME ,all roadcolors are what i changed them to.
Hope it make sense.
Per

BreakerTR
Donation rank:

12 Aug 2019 14:53

cjh2705 wrote:
You have to place Middle East ABOVE ProMods in order for it to work. Check out this page to double-check your load order:

https://www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=29618

For me and for many many players out there it works perfectly.
Engineering Student and Taxi Driver.
Using ProMods since v2.20.

Languages:
Image Image Image Image

vulchor
Donation rank:

13 Aug 2019 11:34

permo133 wrote:
12 Aug 2019 14:23
Hey guys. A quick question, with ME ,i i cant see the changes i made in roadcolors in the def file. Without ME ,all roadcolors are what i changed them to.
Hope it make sense.
Per
That's because the changes you made to the road colors were in the map_data.sii file, and this map has to use its own map_data.sii file. So what you need to do is open up both map_data.sii files from each, the Promods def and the ME def folders, and copy and paste the first section of tags (from road_color to world_road_discovered_color) from the Promods file into the ME file, then save your changes into the ME def archive.

Blue Lark
Donation rank:

13 Aug 2019 14:50

bmwGTR wrote:
12 Aug 2019 08:00
Hi,
that is wrong - Middle-East add-on works perfectly with RusMap, Southern Region and The Great Steppe.
Best regards,
bmwGTR
Hey guys, so your answer is that if you align these map mods in the way ProMods recommends, there's no problem and profile is okay to load. But my position is totally 180 degrees different. My single profile has a lot of mods (graphics, trucks, AI traffic, trailers, etc.) that are causing this error.
As I may say, I uploaded 'How to download ProMods, Add-on mods and align'(← I will delete this link if it violates ProMods rules.) for Korean users on 15 July 2017 on my blog post and update whenever map mods are updated. Some users often leave "Maps and roads don't match. How can I fix this error?" in comments, especially on maps in the Middle East Add-On Pack. So my answer is "Deactivate Middle East Add-on Pack" or "Put this mod below ProMods Asset" etc. In the end, that means don't use the Middle East Add-On Pack. I'm also forced to use Middle East Add-On because of this error.
Frankly, it's hard to answer correctly, but your answer is correct, but I'll draw the line once again that your opinion is not the same as mine. I can't think of it any more, so I'll leave the comments. and I'll add a screenshot of the last active Mod sequence and write it down to this point. If what I said was a bit harsh, I'll apologize in advance.
https://imgur.com/a/1n0Pf7w#vXescx4
Sincerely,
Hobert
Last edited by Blue Lark on 14 Aug 2019 06:05, edited 1 time in total.
I'm out (since Mid of July 2021)
Scheduled to come back ETS2 and ATS someday...
ProMods User Since 1.97

bmwGTR

13 Aug 2019 15:50

Hi,

you have three errors in your mod sequence:
1.) Map mods have to be at the bottom of the mod manager, not in the middle
2.) You are using the Google Maps Navigation for Promods - but you are missing the Middle East Add-On for it: https://www.sinagritbabasworkshop.com/2 ... iddle-east
3.) You are using the SuperZoom Mod by Arayas for Promods - but you need the version for Middle East:
https://www.roextended.ro/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=539 (SUPERZOOM PMME)

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

afganas5
Donation rank:

13 Aug 2019 20:34

Hello, have a problem here:

When I upload ME 2 files, put them on the right order of priority, all works but the map view just becomes outframed (for example Lithuania is in Russia's position, Sweden is in Lithuania's position and so on). What can be the problem?

EDIT: Problem solved !! :) Only needed a superzoom adaptable for Promods AND ME add-on (the link in this forum exists)
Last edited by afganas5 on 13 Aug 2019 23:44, edited 1 time in total.
Eastern European truck driver in reality
Playing trucking simulators for 10 years
Driving is love, driving is life.

dan0161
Donation rank:

13 Aug 2019 22:17

Thank you all for your help with the problem I am having, I will try it tonight :)

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information