When AI cars/trucks turn on the lights?

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
citelis730
Donation rank:

05 Sep 2019 19:55

It's because in some countries is mantadory to have lights on during the day and the game tries to be realistic. I hate it too but i follow the rules.

Cipus
Donation rank:

08 Sep 2019 08:59

FreFa wrote:
05 Sep 2019 13:36
Does anyone know if there's a mod that forces cars to switch off their lights during daytime?
you need 2 steps:
1. collect all country files from the def/country folder (example france.sii) from all countries you have in your map combo. place them in the same folder structure (def/country) and open all. make a mass rename in all files from lights_mandatory: true to lights_mandatory: false. pack as a mod and activate with high priority (higher than all map files).
2. make sure that you don't use an outdated traffic mod, check that in def/traffic_data.sii that you have no rules about Ai lights and sunlight active. this because the default settings are very good, Ai uses lights at raining time in a realistic way
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density for ETS2 / ATS and Real Ai traffic engine sounds ETS2 / ATS

FreFa

08 Sep 2019 20:09

Thanks for your fast answer :) Yeah i might have to try to do it myself, i hoped somebody made a mod that i just have to download =)

Hinzugefügt nach 5 Minuten 35 Sekunden:
citelis730 wrote:
05 Sep 2019 19:55
It's because in some countries is mantadory to have lights on during the day and the game tries to be realistic. I hate it too but i follow the rules.
Yeah well but its just a game and i don't care about realism that much. =D But also in reality it simply makes no sense and all scientific studies that i've read come to the conclusion that it has no effect at all or only a unsignificantly small effect. In Switzerland we have that mandatory light rule since 2014, but its not really enforced and there's a good chance you can talk yourself out of getting a fine if you're polite. So i just use my lights when necessary and save quite a lot of money (fuel and lighting replacement). But yeah^^
Last edited by bmwGTR on 09 Sep 2019 07:41, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote - please do not quote posts direct above yours

Cipus
Donation rank:

09 Sep 2019 08:34

@FreFa I have this done but it is not updated for all countries, because I do not use many of the maps I have tested over the time. if things changed meantime in these maps, the mod will crash the game. so the best mod is the one you will do yourself.

about mandatory lights I said my opinion here
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density for ETS2 / ATS and Real Ai traffic engine sounds ETS2 / ATS

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information