Finland and Åland Islands Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Shiva

24 Sep 2019 14:56

Sweden has some landing/take off strips too, but they are of the less wide variety, as some of the not so wide finnish versions.
Nissantruck, would be nice yes.

Regarding the Viipuri/Vyborg to Lappeenranta road.
I forgot 1 important thing.
The border checkpoint prefabs. I forgot to count in their size.
So, I would say that there won't be place for that road, sadly.
I would be happy to be wrong tho.
SCS made the interchange so good looking for that road.

/edit:
Regarding the road between Viipuri/Vyborg and Lappeenranta and the border checkpoints.
41K-84 heads northeast, then north and finally northwest. To border and Vt13.
If exaggerating the road to northeast/east, then maybe, on the way to northwest/west, there could be space for the border checkpoints?
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Nissantruck

30 Sep 2019 11:03

I did not remember,that Sweden also has those landing/take off strips too,but it has been a longtime,when i was driving a car in Sweden.
We can hope,that we can have more roads in Finland in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

Shiva

30 Sep 2019 20:00

Nissantruck, here is 1 of those.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.

Ostpuff
Developer

30 Sep 2019 22:54

There are actually 4 of them in close vicinity just on that part of Riksväg 44 alone. Drove there the other day, very practical for overtaking :lol:

Other examples on Riksväg 23 (though now rebuilt) and the E4 if anyone is interested.

More on topic though, I'd love to add some of these in both Finland and Sweden. They are a bit tricky though since they require very long (in 1:19 terms) straight stretches to look right. Might not be worth it if half the road length just ends up being the road strip :?
Image ProMods' Sweden plans and progress HERE
Image For Germans: Even though it might seem like something else, my name is simply another way of saying "cheese balls" in Swedish. Nothing else.

Shiva

01 Oct 2019 11:02

Ostpuff, for me, it would look ok if just a shorter stretch a roadbase. But still hard to get in I do guess.
Some planes do not even use all of it.

+ I suspect there are a lot more roadbases IRL, that have been built, but never used. Nor even marked as possible roadbases.

Riksväg 44, yep.
When there were news about it early last month, I had trouble findind the right landing/takeoff, due to there being so many.
But now I can not find the Expressen or Aftonbladet article about it, sadly.

Nissantruck

02 Oct 2019 17:00

Shiva wrote:
30 Sep 2019 20:00
Nissantruck, here is 1 of those.
Thank you Shiva for the link,now i know where it is if i go to Sweden again someday. ;)

Shiva

02 Oct 2019 18:01

Nissantruck, haha :)
I bet you can spot possible locations a bit of everywhere.

Nissantruck

07 Oct 2019 10:58

@Shiva.I think that i can do that. ;)

Cipus
Donation rank:

14 Nov 2019 15:12

In more than 3 years since I joined ProMods, only yesterday I have been driving for the first time into northern Finland :lol: The road and the landscape is fabulous, I don't think SCS can make it better if they will ever consider releasing a Northern DLC. the sun always at dawn all night long makes great graphics and colors, the road is unique, the water, the bridges, everything except one thing: the reindeers :lol:
well would be lovely to be animated like other animals in the game (cows, horses), just static as they are I don't think they fit well in the landscape... everything else it's just fabulous! ;)
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density for ETS2 / ATS and Real Ai traffic engine sounds ETS2 / ATS

Nissantruck

15 Nov 2019 12:01

You are absolutely right about that,it is nice to drive in Northern Finland in the Ets2. :)
I also dont think,that the Scs could make it look like it is now,if they ever do something for that area of Finland.
It is realistic now and i should know that,because i have been driving there few times in my real life.
I agree with you about the reindeers,they should move in the same way as the other animals in the game,because now they look like cardboard pictures of reindeers(no offense to the person who did make them). :mrgreen:

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information