How Am I Supposed To Update My Game?

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
OneOverAstro

13 Nov 2019 08:17

This is starting to bug me. I recently encountered an issue when updating my game to the latest version (1.35.3.20s). I have all DLCs and ProMods installed on my account and both were incompatible and out-of-date so I decided to update them too. DLCs worked fine after a few tries (mine don't update automatically for some reason) and promods worked fine too but when I loaded my profile's save (saved on a previous version before the update), it said that it was unable to load because it didn't have the older version of promods. My question is: how the heck am I supposed to update the game and promods while being able to load up my profile? Will I have to create a new profile every time I update promods now?
I like sports, languages, things that go (except boats), and (of course) trucking! I am also a goal horn youtuber: https://www.youtube.com/c/AstroGoalHorns

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

13 Nov 2019 09:10

if you use steam, as the Version number suggests, then you only Need to make sure that automatic Updates are enabled in the Steam Settings for ETS2.
Then it should update everything automatically.
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

bmwGTR

13 Nov 2019 09:24

Hi,

and for the savegame - just ignore the warning about missing mods and load it anyway.
You do not have to create a savegame for every new game version ;)

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

OneOverAstro

13 Nov 2019 16:45

Thanks so much!
I like sports, languages, things that go (except boats), and (of course) trucking! I am also a goal horn youtuber: https://www.youtube.com/c/AstroGoalHorns

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information