Development on version 1.x (British Columbia Edition)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Cranlet
Donation rank:

07 Dec 2019 02:56

I can't wait.

ctripp218

07 Dec 2019 14:05

that cool can't wait

34ilikepie
Donation rank:

08 Dec 2019 08:11

Shiva wrote:
23 Nov 2019 23:23
34ilikepie, I had to look up Haida Gwai'i.
And it is plausible for inclusion, I think.
Connection to those islands from Prince Rupert.
Forest industry biggest export I guess?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haida_Gwaii#Economy "primarily logging and commercial fishing."
Queen Charlotte Main Line, the inland gravel road, would be the connecting road to logging it seems.
I am curious, how did Queen Charlotte Main Line the that name? For me, it sounds railroad related, but I see nothing railroad over it.
From what I gathered it was because of the original use of the island was for gold rushing, founded by George Dixon named the islands after his ship and Charlotte of Mecklenberg-Strelitz. Since, I am not from BC (from Ontario) the main way that people could've taken was ferry and then paths on the islands and it is copied today with 140km of highways on the 2 islands and a ferry line that connects to Prince Rupert with Highway 16 part of the Trans-Canada Highway. The Highway 16 portion starts in Masset, Haida Gwai'i to Skidegate then ferry to Prince Rupert, etc. to the Alberta border.

doditz

16 Dec 2019 16:40

is it possible to test it a this time ?

bmwGTR

16 Dec 2019 16:43

Hi,

ProMods only have closed betas, so there will be no public beta.
In addition, ProMods Canada is not ready for testing.

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

doditz

16 Dec 2019 18:25

Alright thanks for the quick reply !! keep up the good work ! :)
Last edited by bmwGTR on 17 Dec 2019 09:12, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote - please do not quote posts direct above yours

jacek4

23 Dec 2019 17:48

Hello, you are doing great work, That it would be very colorful, i.e. you are doing Canada, and the Idaho DLC is getting closer. as if in May 2020 this state will come out.

but you do very nice work, feel the SCS rhythm, and it will be better. generally nice grounds.
Time to move on the road - Pora ruszyć w trasę - Zeit auf der Straße zu bewegen - På tide å flytte på veien - Время, чтобы двигаться по дороге - Час, щоб рухатися по дорозі

NexusLBC

25 Dec 2019 20:33

Oh man I am really looking forward for this, also yall think there is gonna be more of canada if the SCS devs expand further east ? :D

ElectroYt2002

25 Dec 2019 21:16

IF the scs devs expand east? What do you mean IF, they are OBVIOUSLY going to expand to the rest of the US, and therefore im quite certain the Promods team will keep expanding as they do. But scs have also said that they do not want to limit the map to only the USA, so were will probably see some of Canada made by SCS and some of Mexico in a while. (Were looking at 10 - 15 years from now, after they finish all the USA states)

flight8050

26 Dec 2019 02:18

@ElectroYt2002. I think what NexusLBC is saying is figuratively once SCS moves East, will ProMods also follow.

I am sure at some point we will be able to welcome ProMods to ATS. Sierra Nevada is good but I have too have to admit, it has many bugs. Mostly 90% are terrain though, at least what I am finding. I have been sending reports left and right and the more that is caught, the mod gets better. But graphically, they did a good job. I look forward to adding ProMods Canada to my must have map mods. With the announcement of this mod and Sierra Nevada, I have opened up to map mods when I refused to use them at first. I honestly think ProMods will definitely elevate ATS more than any other map mod to the point where more people will start buying into ATS. The ProMods brand is huge and well respected. By the time the first version releases, the second ATS truck could be in place and ATS will be that much more attractive.

Even if ProMods holds the map until Idaho releases (I speculate 1.38), then that just means more could get added on release day. I was really hoping to have Vancouver Island in the first version to use the ferry from Port Angeles. I understand only so much can be done in the first version though so no biggie. I am aware that in due time, you guys will expand both North and Eastward. With all that said, I will never loose the hype thinking about what you guys will do for ATS. 2020 will be an awesome year for ATS. Another year of good growth in maps and trucks.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ATS”

• Information