Redesigning the Istanbul in ProMods

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
erkinalp

06 Dec 2019 18:58

SCS Istanbul is so detailed that it did not fit the landmass; so much that we should remap it, including:
*Northern Marmara Motorway
*Istanbul Airport (needs to be adapted slightly to fit the landmass; scrap the N-S runway and instead make a E-W runway as it is planned to be built in the future IRL)
*Mall of Istanbul
*İkitelli Industrial Zones
*the bus station (one in Harem; one in Bayrampaşa would make us impossible to include the city within walls)
*city within walls (including the securities terminal in Langa; which could be included as a resting place)
*Eurasia Tunnel
*Haydarpaşa Pier
*Selim the Grim Bridge
*Dudullu Industrial Zone

Also an idea for a special transport job: Heybeliada Pier-St. Triadas Monastery, carrying a huge church bell
Last edited by erkinalp on 07 Dec 2019 17:39, edited 1 time in total.

Teurov
Donation rank:

07 Dec 2019 10:34

It is a good idea but with some exceptions because;
Eurasia Tunnel does not allow trucks yet.
Mall Of Istanbul does exist in game.
Northern Marmara Motorway would pass over black sea if it was built. (same as Selim the Grim bridge)
Another thing is that Istanbul in-game occupies a hell of a large space and expands to as far as Izmit.

However other than Istanbul, I think there are better areas that can be built such as;
Kırklareli
Malko Tarnovo Border Crossing (atm it is in reconstruction to allow trucks aswell)
Gelibolu Peninsula
D555 between Tekirdağ-Babaeski

Shiva

07 Dec 2019 16:21

Eurasia Tunnel, will it ever allow semi trucks inside it? I myself think that the answer is a no. Unless a very low height limit. As in a bit lower trucks with 20 and 40ft containers only.
Northern Marmara Motorway , that would be nice to see someday, by SCS. But then there is that issue that Teurov wrote about. I still hope for it tho.
Teurov, your list, I agree.

Maybe the future? Great Istanbul Tunnel could be an option.
If it allows semi trucks when finished.
Has there been any news the last years, regarding this tunnel?

Seems fundings have been approved?
And found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StdqGVCoazg
But no words about semi truck traffic?
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

erkinalp

07 Dec 2019 17:36

If you omit the stretch of D-100 between TÜYAP and Esenyurt, you could reterrain the current pathing of O-3, so it would be repurposed as O-7 the Northern Marmara Highway. And you would reposition the Mall of Istanbul at its correct location by omitting the fictional roundabout representing Atakent and doing the actual overpass in Mahmutbey in its stead.
Eurasia Tunnel's upper tube may allow heavy duty vehicles in the future. Lower tube is 3.3m tall, upper tube is 4.2m tall.

EG0611

07 Dec 2019 19:21

I know this is just a discussion of ideas but be advised that there won't be any improvement or mapping in Turkey side of DLC at the moment and in close future. Istanbul is already made crowded than any other cities and adding another piece of road network can cause performance issues.

erkinalp

07 Dec 2019 19:52

ProMods is more relaxed on performance issues than SCS Mapping Guidelines. I already suggested reterraining a stretch of road rather than squeezing more to avoid performance pitfalls.
EG0611 wrote:Istanbul is already made crowded
This reflects the real-life overcrowding :D
Last edited by erkinalp on 07 Dec 2019 20:48, edited 1 time in total.

jakub1231
Donation rank:

07 Dec 2019 20:22

For me nice idea would be adding asian part of Istambul in PM with connection to Bursa & Izmir (O-5), Ankara (O-1) in the future. Also nice would be adding route D-550 E-87 to Çanakkale (by ferry connection). Hope for asian part of Turkey in PM
Promods since 1.91

Shiva

07 Dec 2019 21:16

erkinalp, Mall of Istanbul, what I have seen, it IS on the correct intersection.
Or do you mean that you want for E80/O-3 moved to the area that is now occupied by E5/D100?
Either deleting the areas south of E80/O-3. Or moving whole roadnetwotk, including E5/D100 farther south?

And regarding tube height, as I understand, that is from the road, to the tunnel roof? excluding the equipment inbetween.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Teurov
Donation rank:

07 Dec 2019 23:20

jakub1231 wrote:
07 Dec 2019 20:22
For me nice idea would be adding asian part of Istambul in PM with connection to Bursa & Izmir (O-5), Ankara (O-1) in the future. Also nice would be adding route D-550 E-87 to Çanakkale (by ferry connection). Hope for asian part of Turkey in PM
Maybe one day the Mediterranean Addon will reach asian part, we'll wait and see.

ScuL
Founder

08 Dec 2019 00:17

Thank you all for the suggestions. There are no urgent plans to redesign Istanbul at present because we have to do a lot more urgent work first, such as connecting the DLC.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information