[Central] Free download questions

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Trucker2223
Donation rank:

26 Dec 2019 16:43

Read the post above yours, it already explains everything.
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

Scxrfacezzz

29 Dec 2019 15:06

hey guys, recently i bought some dlcs and wanted to install promods but the "2.43 Multipack mod archive 1 (file size 250MB)" (wich should apear as a 7zip file) shows like the rest of them like promods-v243.7z.001 so i can't unzip it like the tutorials do

i tried to remove the .001 but the archive gets corrupted so i can't unzip it. The thing is, when i try to open the game the 7 promods-v243 files don't so up on the mod manager (i supose because of not being able to extract the 1 file).

I already tried to download it twice but it keeps on giving me the not zip/winrar file

If someone could help i would be thankful. (sorry if i made some grammar mistakes)

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

29 Dec 2019 15:54

The Tutorials explain also that you need to download all 7 files before you can extract, it's a multi-Part Archive. Don't change any filenames.
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

jackalsleeping

03 Jan 2020 17:06

Hi

I have just paid for the fast download and got that downloaded fine. now when i try downloading the extras without the paid method, because the extras are not included with the paid method, it tells me I have exceeded my download limit and to use the page I already have open or alternatively pay for the the download.

I have no other pages open and am curious if there is something obvious I am doing wrong. do i also need to download the test tool if I have the paid download or is that not needed.

Thank you for your help.

[Edit: Issue resolved. for anyone having the same issue -- it doesn't look like you need to do the test stage with the paid download, either that or I just got lucky as I did not do the test stage and everything works fine. With the download saying exceeding download capacity issue. I found a forum link viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26256 which advises why it was happening and to try another browser. I tried in IE and worked fine. I feel bad for not finding the forum post before making this comment, thank you to anyone who was considering helping and to all the mods and contributors to the forum for keeping all the information needed here for those needing it. The mod looks great and setup is simple, just me not understanding everything.]

ScuL
Founder

03 Jan 2020 23:17

Hi, you don't need the test tool for the paid download this is only for the free download.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

SkySnow
Donation rank:

20 Jan 2020 02:25

for some reason the promods archive 1 download keeps getting corrupted. yet every other download worked fine. any ideas on what causes this?

bmwGTR

20 Jan 2020 08:49

Hi,

you have downloaded all parts and all parts are in the same folder?
You can start extracting when you have downloaded all parts.

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

LenniusPlaysYT

25 Jan 2020 12:10

i downloaded everything and 7 zip and tried to extract everything and i just get this error that i cant open the file as an archive and its corrupt. also tried winrar same result. file tester doenst even work because it just freezes after it says 5 of 8. help would be appreciated.

ScuL
Founder

25 Jan 2020 13:09

you probably have a file name problem, please post a picture of what is in your mod folder.. have you used the file tester?
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

lari63

29 Jan 2020 02:19

I'm trying to play promods but I'm having problems with file number 1 (2.43 Multipack mod archive 1 (file size 250MB), I can download it without problems and it comes as a ZIP file, however when I extract it with file 7 -z or open .. it says it is corrupted, it was the only file that gave problem.
Can someone help me?

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information