Bona's Editor Questions

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
bona34

15 Apr 2020 18:41

Hi Everyone! I hope your health is good in these bad days.

I decided to share my questions about editor here. Thanks in advance for your help.

:?: Q1: My map file contains only europe and europe.mbd files. And there is no problem. So what does europe.set file do? Does it also need to be included in the map file? Because I saw it included in promods map. Also, what is the europe.bak folder?

:?: Q2: I created many sign templates when creating a add-on map. When I re-open my map with the Def folder, (after placing def file in mod folder) I can't see any of them. Signs look blank. But I see the sign templates in def folder. Why are the sign templates not visible?
TR Extended Map Mod Team

https://trextendedmap.com/eng/

SeZu

15 Apr 2020 22:26

The answer to the first question: For the map to work, just the europe.mbd file and the europe folder are enough. The europe.set file creates a list of sets, i.e. when you select several objects on the map and use the “Edit -> Create selection set” command to create a set of these objects, which is written to the europe.set file. This file is not needed for the final map mod.
The europe.bak file is created during autosave, it is also not needed in the mod.

bona34

19 Apr 2020 00:35

Hi!
SeZu, Thank you for information.

I solved my second problem myself. But I'm here with my new questions. :)
My questions will be related to the add-on map mod update. If you know there are answers anywhere, you can send a link directly.

:?: Q1: What is needed to adapt the add-on map to the current version? Is it enough to refresh compatible version information in manifest file?

:?: Q2:: We are currently working with my friends in the map editor for the add-on map in version 1.36. I haven't created a manifest file yet. We work with def and map files. What should we do if version 1.37 is released before our map work is completed?

Thanks in advance. Take care!
TR Extended Map Mod Team

SeZu

19 Apr 2020 14:45

How to adapt the map to the new version is described here: https://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/Games/ ... uides/1.37
Naturally, the “manifest.sii” file must be updated.
I recommend now adapting the map to the new beta version, and when the final version is released, then just save it.

bona34

19 Apr 2020 17:10

Thanks again. 👍

When we adapt it to the beta version, is there no need to rebuild it in the final version? Therefore did you recommend it?
I am afraid to have a problem when I open the map editor in beta version. (You know, there may be bugs in the beta version.)

We are working to make an addon map to Europe. In order to save time, we only open and save the sectors in which we make changes in the editor. Then we rename our map file to europe and open it with the main map.

:?: My question is: Do we need to open our add-on map with the whole map of Europe for the rebuild(f8) of our map in map editor?
TR Extended Map Mod Team

SeZu

19 Apr 2020 18:10

If you plan to have your mod work in the future for version 1.37, then you need to fix the errors now (in the beta version). In the new version, mostly trucks (opening windows) and sounds are changed. If there are no this things in your mod and it works stably in version 1.36, then problems with the transition to 1.37 should not arise. When the final and stable version 1.37 is released, you will rebuild your map, as you always do (F8) and save the map, and all errors will already be fixed.
Good luck! ;)

bona34

24 Apr 2020 16:02

Thanks SeZu!

I need your help again! :roll:

My problem is about the sign editor. I followed the instructions in Sign Editor: Tutorial shared by Mandelsoft. (By the way, I thank him for the tutorial.)

When there is a map file (add-ons map file that I work) in the mod folder, map editor is unresponsive and closes automatically when I click save after editing board to create a new template.There is no such problem when there is no map file in the mod folder. I edit the board and save my change. Map editor does not close.

I don't know where the mistake is. I'm waiting for your help.
TR Extended Map Mod Team

SeZu

24 Apr 2020 18:23

Sorry, but I can’t answer anything because I haven’t dealt with this.
You need to watch the editor.log.txt

FurkanGurel

20 May 2020 07:18

bona34 wrote:
24 Apr 2020 16:02
Thanks SeZu!

I need your help again! :roll:

My problem is about the sign editor. I followed the instructions in Sign Editor: Tutorial shared by Mandelsoft. (By the way, I thank him for the tutorial.)

When there is a map file (add-ons map file that I work) in the mod folder, map editor is unresponsive and closes automatically when I click save after editing board to create a new template.There is no such problem when there is no map file in the mod folder. I edit the board and save my change. Map editor does not close.

I don't know where the mistake is. I'm waiting for your help.
You have to work on sign templates and boards without load any map in editor...unless you do that, the editor would keep crashing or turn off itself.
Developer of Gurel Turkiye Map on 1:1 scale
Turkiye 1:1 MAP

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information