2 questions: editing a DLC and saving sectors

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
rado84

11 May 2020 13:01

Hi. I wonder - is there a way to load ONLY a DLC in the map editor? Per say, if I wanna load just RTTBS instead of the whole map with all DLCs? If "yes", how? If "no", then is there a way to make the editor save only the sectors I have edited instead of rewriting the whole map?
Core i7-4770, GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, Corsair 32GB RAM, Arch Linux Cinnamon, Firefox x64

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

11 May 2020 19:58

You could work in a separate map, as if it were a stand-alone map. You just need to copy the sectors over before you start and edit that small part of the map instead. I do this a lot, where I isolate an area with just one, two or four neighbouring sectors. When you're done, you can copy the sectors over to the default europe map, as long as you don't touch the edges of the sectors you're editing.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

rado84

12 May 2020 01:28

The thing is that IDK how to work it as if it were a standalone map. I doubt it would work if I just temporarily remove base.scs and all the other map dlcs except for the one I need to edit.
Core i7-4770, GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, Corsair 32GB RAM, Arch Linux Cinnamon, Firefox x64

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information